WTCC: Nurburgring Nordschleife Recon by Sabine Schmitz

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Sabine Schmitz.jpg

Queen of the Nürburgring Sabine Schmitz got behind the wheel of a new-generation World Touring Car to test for the upcoming WTCC Race of Germany, which will be held at the Green Hell.

Schmitz will make her special debut in the WTCC at her beloved track on 14-16 May. Her focus during yesterday's test was to learn all about her new car, the Chevrolet Cruze, and to develop an effective set-up for the mother of all tracks.

“It was slightly different to the Porsche GT3 I drive normally,” said German Schmitz, 43. “We don’t have ABS on these cars like I am used to and although I was good on the brakes, my entry speed for the corners was too slow and I was losing too much time. I always enjoy driving on this track and I found this car easier to drive although the last 10 seconds you really have to fight for.”

Check out these 5 action-packed testing videos
Watch Sabine Schmitz' video below and for more stunning footage from The Ring make sure to check out the highlight videos of yesterday's WTCC test here, here, here, here and here.

No she is not slow ,but Sabine knows the Ring so well . By the way both Ladies looking OK they are no Models ,they are racingdrivers . See that video how good Sabine is

Last edited:
First race was great, except for Valente˙s escapades all over first lap. Well, he ended as it was expected according his driving behaviour and I hope, marshals will do something against that in the future, otherwise WTCC will become crash derby without respect to race opponents.

Loved watching them race that trrack - going to have to get on the Nord later with a touring car.

Have to figure out which sim has the best Nord (i.e. MOST ACCURATE) and go for it.

So, this time, the race was actually pretty interesting to watch. In race one, Sabine did an incredible good job. Van Lagen sure were faster, but she managed to stay ahead, and finished 9th if I'm not mistaken. Valente should go back to driving school thou. I can't for my life figure out why he is even allowed in WTCC. Some paint trading is always fun to watch, but that's not even close to his behavior. In race two, I were happy to see that the Honda's were able to keep up with the Citroen, at least for the twisted parts. I'm not a fan boy to Lopez, but he is constantly showing who's the boss. And it's great to see Loeb getting more and more confident in his driving.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 393 40.1%