WTCC: Norbert Michelisz and Zengo Motorsport move to Honda

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Norbert Michelisz, last years winner of the Yokohama Independents Trophy, and his team Zengö Motorsport have waved goodbye to BMW and will enter the FIA WTCC in 2013 and the year after with a Honda Civic, backed with technical support from the Japanese car brand.

Zengö Motorsport will remain an independent team although the team will have access to all new developments. The car will be build by J.A.S. Motorsport (also active in the upcoming season with Honda with Tarquini and Monteiro as confirmed drivers) and the engine comes directly from the factory in Japan.

Team principal Zoltán Zengö said to the official WTCC site: “After winning the Yokohama Trophy we needed new goals to aim for. In Honda we have found the perfect partner to fight for the World Championship. We thank Honda Hungary for their support and feel honoured that in Japan and Italy there’s a top level racing car under construction for us. To fully focus the team’s resources, we decided to enter only one car in the 2013 season.”

Norbert Michelisz added : “I'm excited to have the opportunity to join a brand with such a history in motorsport like Honda. In terms of driving, switching from RWD to FWD won't be easy in the beginning, but with the dedication and help from Honda and my team, now I can focus on long term goals: becoming a more complete driver, winning more races and hopefully having the chance to fight for the overall championship in the near future.”

[youtube]

For more news and discussions about the FIA World Touring Car Championship visit our motorsport forum.
View the Post on the Blog

What is WTCC ?

Switching from RWD to FWD is far easier than trying to train a FWD driver to drive RWD at a high level, he should step over to it without a problem, making excuses before he even starts, positive mental attitude dude :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back