RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• John P. Morris

I'm in

please count me in.

I have steam account and GPCOS license.

Do I need anything else besides a ton of practice; never raced before.

I have my G25 set to only 300 deg rotation. But then again, I chewed my tyres to bits in the second race, simply because of what Gary said. Pushing like hell to keep in front. Like Wally, I normally try to take a cleaner and conservative driving style (especially early) and that saves the tyres a lot for later challenging.

That was brilliant, I was happy to be mid field for the race as up untill last 10mins of qualify was looking like battling it out ROF, some awesome times and good racing, was alittle messy at the start of both races but I kind of knew that was going to happen as the the first left right up the hill before heading onto the main straight is very easy to get loose especially in a Bimmer. second race not sure who it was I T-Boned in the Chev, sorry about that I saw you go off track on the left and looked like being in the grass next thing all I see is a wall of light Blue Laccetti through my windscreen and smack at full speed.

Any chance of server replays?

Huge thanks to Warren and other Admin for making these Oceania races possible :D:becky::thumb:

• Gary Paszek

Name on RD forum: TMO
Name in game: Gary paszek
Your Country: United states
Control: momo
Car: BMW E90
Special remarks i'll step out if spots our needed,

Yikes that was a bit of a crazy one.

I had only done about 5 - 6 laps before coming to the race meeting, so I wasn't sure how fast I was going to be compared to everyone else. Best I did before the race meet was a 1:31:00.

Qual - Turned out better than I thought. Oddly enough my fastest lap was when I wasn't trying to do a fast lap. I was out fuel testing to try and figure out the comsumption rate and I managed to do a lap only 0.025 behind Garry and so I started in 2nd place.

Race 1 - Off the line I was just trying to stay with Garry. I didn't think I had the speed to overtake him but I was hoping to keep up with him and :pray: his tires went off before the end. That was the plan. Sadly my setup for race 1 turned out to be a bit too light in the rear and on lap 3 I got all out of shape in the middle of the kinks and tossed it off the road on the right hander. I came back on the road in 7th behind Paulo. Went up the inside of him into the second last turn. We clashed doors and he spun out. The next person I was hunting down was Ben but just when I was getting close behind him, he had his own moment and I was able to slip by. Ditto Grant next up the road. Jari was next and I accidentally gave him a little bump up the backside, but luckily it didn't unsettle him that much (sorry bout that Jari). I was able to overtake Jari when he got slowed coming onto the back straight and that put me into 3rd behind Gregory. Gregory looked to be having tyre trouble. I ran into the back of Gregory in one of the turn and pitched em off the track. Slowed down and waited till he got going again and pulled in behind in 5th place. Managed to make a clean pass to get into 4th and that's where I finished race 1.

phew. pause for breath.

Race 2 - Added a click of rear wing before the race to settle the rear down. What a crazy start to the race. I started 6th and just tried to stay on my line and not run into the cars in front of me. Got punted up the backside by Paulo coming through the last kink and ended up wide in the following right turn. Paulo got through but I got a run on him and went up the inside on the corner at the end of the straight, but on the next turn I got a whack in the door and went wide again, ended up 10th. :drama: I had to work my way up from there and had a couple of incidents in the process. I dived under Norry into the turn after the back straight and we banged doors and he spun. I came from a long way back and I guess him didn't see me coming. Next up to recieve my chevy was Lemon, where yet again we banged doors and he came off second best. After that it was a matter of chasing down the pack and with luck I was able to come away with second.

Final note. It was good fun being in the middle of the pack and having to chase everyone down. Sorry to those that I did wrong (Gregory, Norry, Lemon). I readdressed the bump with Gregory but who is in the wrong when you hit door to door (Norry, Lemon). I felt I was cleanly up the inside and you guys didn't see me, but was it my fault and should I have readdressed. This is also a problem exacerbated by my slower connection because it turns little rubs into big hits.

Ps. If you think I'm the world's biggest tosser. Feel free to say so. :thumb:

• Mozzo

Thx RD for the run . Great turn out with 20 or so guys .
Race 1 . Made a pretty jump from the line . Battled pretty hard all race . Generally hanging around 5th & 6th . Wasn't till later in the race when a couple of guys came together which allowed myself through . Pushed hard to the end .
Race 2 much of the same . Great close racing , once a couple of us caught Warren , was elbows out cause i ain't letting anybody take this position . Well thats what was coming over the comm . Warren was able to hold us out , sweating a little i recon .
Thx to all that showed up last night , i had a ball :)

Grant Morrison

once a couple of us caught Warren , was elbows out cause i ain't letting anybody take this position . Well thats what was coming over the comm . Warren was able to hold us out , sweating a little i recon .

Yikes, were you guys talking about me over comm's. :D
You were partly right, I was fighting hard to keep 3rd but the elbows thing was mainly due to the lack of rubber left on the Alfa. I did enjoy that battle at the end and yes I was sweating a little. I seldom get a chance at the podium. Sorry if I was too defensive, but I appreciate the clean driving from both of you. Great fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%