RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Andrew ... gonna jump in on the server in a few mins if that is cool - think I can stick around now and it looks like a few folk have dropped out so there is space I believe.
Be in the Aston in my bear skin ...

Ohh dear ... this is gonna be embarrasing I fear, 30 or 40 mins practice and no setup :rolleyes:

i am so so mad @ myself , i feel sooo disapointed ... after training and quali , i did not last 3 corners in the race.

I use my clutch pedal @ the start ... but sometimes .. as this time i forget to switch to brake pedal.... so pressing on clutch to brake ... first corner Yves was my brake ... i m sorry man , i did not even though it was my fault cause at the time i did not noticed yet i was pressing down my clutch pedal ... so i though yves just was braking soon or something and slammed into his bum .

next corner where i needed to brake i still was with my foot on clutch so slammed into the wall high speed , out.

the feeling i have now is .. pffff .. so lame...

My race didnt last as long as i expected either :)

Missed qual and enjoyed the run from the back to get onto Michael and Eck just ahead,the M3 straight line speed was better than mine so passing MH wasnt going to be easy,just after i managed to pass i got a blue flag warning,i looked behind to see Lee coming to lap us already so just at the dowhill part to the chicane i pulled over to the right side of the road,well off the racing line and slowed up to let him blast past,but i got a helluva Whump up the back end,and straight into the edge on part of a barrier (its always the edge on part,or is that just me?).
Did you lift off a tad there Lee m8?,this mixed GT stuff is dodgy stuff peeps,it requires a bit of caution sometimes on lappers and lappees behalf,ofcourse no one wants to lose time in the lead lapping slower cars,but it should even out by the end.

Good while it lasted,Cheers Andrew m8 and hope you all have a good one :) .

• Andrew Evans

if you're ever in the presence of anyone wondering how seat came up with the cupra gt, you tell them this: grass magnets, real sneaky subtle slow but ultimately powerful grass magents...

quallied about where expected (near the back :D)... some kind commotion off the start... was it me or did the lights change REAL quick? dunno if that surprised peeps... but even though i was slow myself, it was hello stationary vehicles... no harm done though and even gained a coupla places...

raced close to neil for a bit - terrifying close for him at times, i reckon... ARF!... eventually gave him a little tap when all the cars bunched up at the slow hairpinybit... but only because i got a tap meself! - even though it musta looked inevitable at some point :)

then i just rumbled around trying to stay out of the stream of faster machinery... early pit at lap 12 to fix suspension, grass magnets again, but decided to stick with strategy so didn't change tyres and what have you....

lap 23, my in lap, tyres looking ropey... came over the first blind crest to, you guessed it, more grass magents....

i'm on the line! i'm on the dust! i made it! i'm gliding across the grass! nooooo!
gliding............tyre wall....
gliding....tyre wall....
gliding..tyre wall....
glidire wall....

very dead engine... as i think gary said, up there, always manage to hit the end of them...

ach well, twas fun while it lasted - hope y'all had a good race.... :amen:

Hmm my race start was not so good. A m3 infront froze after the lights went of and I had to brake so someone bumped in my rear. Car was feeling a bit different afterwards and at the time I got used to it I was batteling GTC cars was fun as I had to keep an eye on the cars that were about to lap me. Noticed that straightline speed of my marcos is not so good. As I continued the race I got more into a grove and I was lapping 20.5-21s then I wanted to pit(bout 50min into the race) confirmed my preset and I was stuck in the pit for over 90s when I drove out I noticed nothing happened to the car... ...this made me give up. All and all good fun, but maybe not the best track for a mixed gt event as it is allmost all high speed corners. Thanks for getting this setup though :)

Sorry I had to bale too, lost my breath but tried to keep going, kept making more n more mistakes, including my pit limiter being switched off as I left stall resulting in a S&G, until I eventually threw it at the end of a wall and broke it totally, was fun while it lasted though, thanks to everyone I was lapping's co-operation I was going well too just not up to it tonight. :-((

Sam

First of all: Sorry to Neil Tennant, I watched the replay and I indeed went back to my racing line too soon. Again sorry.

Qualifying: 2nd place 0.05 sec behind Lee.

Race: My 2 pitstop stragegy did not work good, but I had a really nice race until about lap 55. Then I had an accident with Neil which was completely my fault. I couldn't concentrate anymore after that and with 15 minutes to go I had an little accident also with James and I pressed the escape button. Sorry if that was my fault.
I don't know who won the race because I did not see the finish, but I think Lee won. Grats to Lee for really good driving and again sorry to Neil and James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%