RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Manny, do you have by any chance an Asus board? I got myself one recently and made acquaintance with a feature of the board, I think it was called AI Nap, idea is to send a couple of device asleep. It started for me while I was running Race and killed it (black screen).

But I got a hint to the tool, so I stopped it and since then no problem anymore!

I drove the Vectra and found it to be quite good to drive, but unlike Chris I found it chewed the tyres. Mind you, I was hanging the back out a bit too much.

Race 1 was a good tight scrap. I had a good battle with Crazy someone... CrazyBob (sorry, can't remember). He was hard to try to pass as we had quite different braking spots. I was finding the slightly laggy jittering of his car a little offputting this time. Unfortunately, I got pushed a long way off the track a couple of times, both times at the long curving right hander T3 - one time was redressed, one wasn't. Cost me 8 spots all up, but I trundled on to the end.

Race 2 I got manhandled by Chris and Gregory a bit, passing with elbows out, but it was all tough and fair. Then it was my turn to shunt people off the track a couple of times - I'm sorry about that. I was trying to brake earlier and earlier in the chicane but I just seemed to sail into the corner with no stopping power until I hit the car in front. Can I plead brake damage? If I braked even earlier, I'd get a boot up the rear. I was that fed up with my driving and the sludge of a car that I just parked the car at the side of the road, turned the ignition off and walked away. *hangs head in shame*

Interesting night's racing. Firstly the track was worth the wait (in my opinion), as it was quite different and not easy to learn. Also, great to see lots of drivers trying out the Vectra, which looked to be pretty quick but obviously needed some setup work for some.
I knew that my little Toledo would struggle here since it just doesn't have the speed, but it's quite nice to drive, so I was just looking for fun.

Qualy was as expected, P13.

Race 1: Not too much fun actually. The Toledo quickly became a ping pong ball as I discovered that some people found an easy way to pass. I thought this track had many turns that required a wide entry and late apex, but many people just threw their nose in shallow and push passed, bumping me out of the way. The Toledo also came in handy as an additional brake for some too. After several people used this method, I dropped to the tail and finished P18 ish.

Race 2: Much more enjoyable. After a great start and opening 2 laps, I moved from P17 to P6 with some close racing with many cars. During a great battle for P6 -P8 for a few laps, I think Wally may have missed his brakes and unfortunately collected me out of the three cars in front. Thanks for waiting Wally but it took me ages to find the track again, so we both suffered many lost places. The last two laps were great with Sebastein and I having a nice scrap on worn tyres, regularly passing each other, and finally ending with both of us side by side over the line (but Sebastein had his nose in front :p ).

Good to see such a big field in these events with such an international flavour. It really adds to the fun for us Aussies (and Japanese hey Takuya :wink: ).

• Grant Daly

Race Report - Team F.E.A.R #55 @ Fuji

Wow I really didn't expect to have had such a competative couple of races... I knew I had pace though my driving experience is not as good when in lots of cars, I did however try my best to be clean and Fair so I beg the pardon of anyone who may have tapped it wasn't intentional, Chris as you noted The car was kinda on the edge so when it gathered itself up it griped and was like a slingshot :noidea: that and the fact I was at the pointy end of the field I was litterally trembling TRUE!!! :shocked:
But I did pull off and let you past...

OK
Qually: I felt I could've done better but I also am somewhat nervous at the top end with the level of experience I have. I'll learn fast enough though but, that and the fact I have this Head Cold, I figured I'll just sit midfield P8...

Race 1
Wow what a race! P8 With my Team mate Dead ahead in P6 Looks great in the replay... T1 No dramas Y@Y :becky: and although I didn't get off the line too good I ran in P10 till T3 or 4 when I slipped past my team mate into P8 round the long RHander and over the hill Mick out Braked me into the Chicane, so I was relegated to P9. Still I had points in reach and it's just the end of the first lap... OK so a pretty smooth run so far the Chicane in Lap2 saw Wally in a Team F.E.A.R Sandwich and left Jari hot on my tail. until a late braking error by me let him past at the end of Lap2.
Chicane Lap3 and I dunno what happened but the pack I was with Mick Wally Jari and myself, came upon mayhem, a BMW and a Vectra anyway this pair tangled themselves into nearly all of us in someway or another through the last corners on Lap3. P10...
From me to the Leaders was a bit of a gap , and I was starting to put some distance between my car and the remainder of the field I had time and space to colect myself and put my head down, and drive. Turning consistant laps I kept saying to myself... And that's what I did. The RH Sweeper Lap4 saw Wally get taken out in front of me by Andreas Loffler who slowed for him, unfortunate. Now I was suddenly in the points... :eek: Yep first time in a race as a team. and My team mate was ahead too...
We were on fire, Lap5 and Jari like me the previous lap out braked himself into T1 I didn't get past but I was chewing on his rear Bumper for that lap and some. It was a hot lap too really nice and so much fun, RACING ! ! !
Lap 6 T1 Tkyura and David Lemon came together dropping 3 places. And emerging just infront of Jari and myself... Where their battle unfolded before us for the rest of Lap 6. Lap7 Began with Takyura exiting the track at the start and I was into P7 running into the chicane I out broke Jari but he turned into me at the last minute so unsure at the time I paused and Takyura took his spot back. I remained there for the rest of the race however the rest of those around me seemed to jostle for positions. A last ditch attempt by Cam Wedgewood who was chasing me to pass entering the Chicane came as a bloody surprise this lil Leon screeched by in a plume of smoke, just no corner ey Cam? ;) all in all I had a great race I loved it and Points (Well 1 point) too!!! Wooo Hooo!!!

Race 2: I nearly Crapped myself when the realisation of the reverse grid of the points from Race 1 saw me:faint: P1 Like I said I was litterally trembling when My hands gripped my Faithfull G25's Leather. And I had to remind myself to breathe...
I really don't think I did as well as the first race as I was too nervous. and Tried too hard NOT to make mistakes. Which I inevitably did and sorry to anyone who I had a misshap with it wasn't intentional and I really tried..
I guess that's going to come with experience, so yeah I managed to finish in the top ten I think? after dropping to P19 at the end of the first lap...
So I guess it wan't too bad. though I thought the second race was a little more heavy handed, than the first! I dunno about the rest but sometimes the drivers who stuff up just get steamed and it spoils it even more for someone like me who's trying not to stuff up and becomes a nervous wreck.. NOT fun... anyway, experience, experience, experience, I'll get there from the first race I know I'm slowly starting to become a better racer, and thanks go out to all of you special thanks of course to the Organisers :thumb:.

Cya's round like a Dunlop ;)

Frirst, Thank you for Warren for Race at Fuji.

Qual
Fuji is my favorite track and I could able to get 3 or 4th.

Race1
After exit 1st corner, I hit my rear bumper to Vectra because I didn't check back well. sorry
And middle of race I got tire hot and hard to trace same line.
So 1st corner I braked 150m, but couldn't stop and spoled David's race.
I thought my driving was noob.I didn't care about tire and braking point.
I'll check replay

Race2
I tried to using tire and braking carefully and went well.
at 1st corner I saw some crash and also last corner I saw Vectra rolled.
After escape both, I driving safety. and gave pressure to David:wink:
It was fun.

Overall I was 4th.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline