RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Finally!!!!! My internet held up long enough for me to complete an event. I didn't see any significant lagging, hope I was ok tonight.

This was a smaller group but very enjoyable. Good to see people getting in the spirit of things and choosing cars they don't normally drive. Michael and Andrew were great examples, sliding their Beemers around like drifters. :laugh2:
I had a lot of fun with the Toledo, it's really nice to drive, may not be as quick but the handling is rather nice. I spent the whole night dicing toe to toe with Richard, some really close clean racing. Well up to the end of race 2 anyway. Unfortunately, we had a couple of taps as we both tried to find ways past Peter who was covering as much of the track as he could. After spinning Richard twice, I could see that his car wasn't handling well and was obviously damaged, so I let him take the place in front of me since I thought I had caused his damage. Sorry Richard, but thanks for a great nights racing with you.

Thanks to Gunthar for organising this event, I hope we can get more Trial members to join us in the future, as it was a great opportunity for us to do some coaching. Olly, we should try to use Teamspeak next time for the coaching. My typing was terrible, and slow.

Bad luck for Jaius who had a loss of sound right before race 1. Next time that happens, if you know you can fix it quickly, we can re-start the race.

• Andrew Dawes

qualified last ,had a great time ,thanks to Warren for helping me and the others for being patient .
last or second last in both races . congrats to Mtommy and Marty for their wins
thanks
olly

Hey olly you are forgettin me!!

I qualified 10th and last drving the BMw for the first time. Was 1.3 secs up on my PB with one corner (and 25ec qual. to go) and a lost it. Would have qualified 9th if i just got around the corner.

Race 1: Slip sliding away. I got 2 warning messages about my tyres and lost about 45 seconds in the final 2 laps with no tyres left. Did it start raining???
Olly caught me with under 2 laps to go. I Finished last.

Race 2: I had pole and belted away off the line. Held first for about 8 turns but ultimately lost 5 places in 1 lap. Held on for a bit until on lap 4 when out of no where i tank-slapped into the wall coming onto the straight. I then watched a replay of olly spening 4 laps trying to get past my driting BMW. I still managed to get drive out of the corners which kept me ahead but there was no way olly was going near me going into the corners with the tail flying. It all came unstuck on lap 8 and olly was through. I then spun 4 times in two laps on the same 2 corners before finally losing the tail on the 2nd last corner and headbutting a tyre wall. Car stuffed.

The BMW was fun and i can see i might have some potential but i'll stick to the FWD for a while.

Quali: 5th
Race1: Had a little wheelspin at start, but I think I got it well, as only a BMW passed me:) Then I had a little fight with Günthar, he passed me, then I passed him back in the finish straight, then in turn 4 he tried to pass me. I was on the inside and turned, but he turned a little tighter, and we touched! Sorry for that Günthar, when I saw you I tried to turn tighter, but I couldn't:(
After that I waited for him (not long), then saw him lagging in the finish straight, then disappear, don't know what happened.
Then I had Mtommi at my back, but couldn't hold him for long, and after he passed me I had a very much boring race! At the end I saw Michael in front of me, but there was not enough time to catch him!
Race2: Much nicer race! Got the start well, and after that I had a lot of really nice battles! After I passed Andrew, I had Marty at my back, I was able to defend my position for about a lap, then I had Mtommi, this was a great battle:) He passed me before the uphill section, but then I got a better line for the uphill right hander and was way faster in the straight, passed him back! In the next lap he passed me. Then I had Warren at my back, he also passed me there, but the same story, I passed him back in the straight! Then I made a little mistake in turn 2 and he tried to pass me, but I was on the inside line, and still a little ahead so there was no problem. Then he hit me front behind and I spun, right into Richard's way. No problem as they both waited for me (thanks)! I had my suspension damaged but the car was still ok. Then I had a fight with Richard in the same place (the left-rigt before the uphill), and I saw him spun. I didn't know what happened to him, feared that I caused the problem, didn't feel anything, but God knows, maybe I touched his front with my back or something. But I saw Warren slowing down also! I was a bit confused there, then decided to go a little slower and wait for them! But then after they got back on me, I saw Warren hitting Richard in turn 3, and that was the end, I pushed, and finished 3rd!

After the race I watched the replay, and saw that I had nothing to do with Richard's spin, and felt much better after that!:)

Good race guys! Thanks!

Race 1: Got a reasonable start, a few positions off the line from my qually position of 5th. Was following Warren around for just about all of the race, got past Michael later on in the race. Coming to the end of the race I had more pace than Warren, but just couldn't get a run or outbrake him and settled for 3rd.

Race 2: Got a good start this time, several positions from my position of 6th on the grid, up to third by T1. Followed Peter Bartfai and got a good run on him but he closed right in on me when I was trying to pass him and Mtommi ran into the back of me after the contact (not your fault Mtommi). I climbed my way past Andrew and Olaf and onto the back of a battle between Warren and Peter. Warren made contact with Peter and they came together. Peter was left stranded on the track and I had no where to go other than into the side of him. Just one question, was there a need for me to wait? I waited anyway for him to get past. After that I had a few bumps from Warren but it was no big deal and I finished 4th.

Good nights racing all in all, look forward to next time.

Warren made contact with Peter and they came together. Peter was left stranded on the track and I had no where to go other than into the side of him. Just one question, was there a need for me to wait? I waited anyway for him to get past.

No Richard, you did not need to wait at all, you couldn't avoid the hit on Peter, that's why I kept waiting for you to take your place in front of me. It was a bit funny actually, you were almost stopped waiting for me to pass while I was doing the same thing waiting for you to take off again. Very good of you to wait, but you cost yourself heaps of time when you didn't need to.

As a general rule, you should only stop and wait if you believe that you may have caused the accident. You did not cause the initial accident.

Sorry also to Peter for the tap in Race 2, I haven't watched the replay yet so not sure what happened. I really was trying hard to keep inside you but somehow you moved across tighter than I expected. I managed to mess up Richard with that one too. (hangs head in shame).

Followed Peter Bartfai and got a good run on him but he closed right in on me when I was trying to pass him and Mtommi ran into the back of me after the contact (not your fault Mtommi).

Sorry if I caused the problem! I was just chasing Andrew, who was way slower there, sliding all around, tried to pass him in turn 2, but he had the inside line and I had to slow down a bit, not to hit him! That was the point where you tried to pass me, sorry I didn't see you coming, I was right on the tail of Andrew at the moment and tried to pass him! He also made a mistake there in turn 4 and I had to avoid him! Only then I saw you in the mirrors, but I had nowhere to go! Sorry!

Was fun racing with WTCC cars @ Brno:glasses-cool:

Qual went well, took pole with a good lap :)

Race 1, I was able to get a good start and get away. Last 3 laps I did have trouble with the tyres, car was pretty difficult to drive last 3 laps, but I had a good lead so brought the car home.

Race 2, I had a great start, I took 2 spots, could have been more, but they were driving like 4 wide or so infront of me, so I couldn't take any more advantage from my start .... I was trying to settle the first few laps, but was overtaken by Herwin, he then was battleing with Wally and we went 3 wide, I hold my inside line and was able to clear Wally. I then went to close the gap infront and battle with the leaders. Was nice fighting and eventually got the lead and was able to win race 2 aswell.

Was fun racing again! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 225 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 222 10.4%
  • < 4 years