RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

hahah, and i just might get 3rd place, sign ups are real becoming an embarrassment, last Friday it was only Dennis and myself. think i might be looking at Asetto corsa

Ant the there was a race, well done Ivan taking the honors, u said the podium was waiting for you and you did it. Unfortunately Dennis had Stop and Go penalty ( his foot on the Brake instead of the clutch.)
1st race was very tight in the lead was Dennis followed by myself after Ivan had a spin out, as i was reeling Dennis in the moment got to big and i pushed the limits, lol it cost me ended up in 3rd.

Good race and yet again had a good laugh

Last edited:
A small "crowd" but a manageable one. Everyone running about the same lap times it was going to be a question of who lost time on the grass :)

R1 Ivan and John kinda tangled, anyhow they both lost a big chunk of time so that race was easy.

R2: Having gone back to left foot braking, I made a boo boo and put it in 1st gear for the start with my foot firmly on the brake instead of the clutch and lurched ahead. That put me 26 seconds behind one lap later with the SnG. I just poooouured it on and closed the gap significantly as the two kids churned up the grasses again. In the end only 7 seconds behind Ivan, he did a great job holding me off :thumbsup:

Isn't the season set to premiere on the 12th? Though I guess downloading Monday to watch Tuesday might be a way to tackle this, since you're based in NL ;)

Anyways, maybe you want to join in on one of the other Monaco events (WTCC87/Radicals), for Monaco's tunnel is dark and full of terrors ;)

Well, a small grid that developed into two races! Bjorn and Dennis had their fun fighting for the win, whilst myself and John had equal fun battling for that last podium place ;)

I had never driven a lap of this track before I joined the server for the start of the practice session, so I was happy to race and learn at the same time. It's always interesting when you are taking whole seconds off your lap time just before going into the race :)

Both races had a great battle with John. He pulled a brilliant move around the outside of T2 on the first lap of the second race - his car was going sideways around me, fantastic stuff!! We tangled on lap 6 but continued racing hard to the end.

Only four participants, but great fun. :D

On a more serious note and maybe not the place to mention it, but whilst I have been on a recent break from Race 07 I have read with interest on these pages about the drop off in participation for club races. I understand the various reasons why it may be happening but I still think it's a shame because you are a great group of guys and I think something will be lost if Race 07 club ends. If we do move sim, perhaps we should try and take the jump together? Anyway, hopefully numbers will pick up again enough so that we can continue here. I myself will try and commit to the odd GT and TC race as well as Mini Fridays (depending on when I get the time with my family commitments etc).

Race 07 may be old but it has a lot still going for it! Let's keep it going guys!

Anyway - sorry for the mumblings. :laugh:

Yesterdays event really helped me with the car today. The laps completed during that event also helped immensely. Bjorn and Kevin did fantastic, coming in cold for today's races.

Bjorn messed up his Q lap giving me the pole. I did well but he had been better in practice.

R1: Bjorn took the lead from a a great launch and off we went.nose to tail at ridiculous speeds through the sweeping corners. During a pass on L1 I nicked Bjorn and slowed to allow him to regain the lead at S/F. I was sure he was pulling a way when he went wide at T1 and I gained a few seconds on him. From that point on, every mistake I made brought Bjorn closer when at the start of the last lap we crossed the S/F line together. We were close the last lap, going through several corners side by side and only three car lengths apart at the finish!

R2: Bjorn again tore up the grid to an early lead, Kevin and I following. All of us were quite close for the opening laps and after a bit of side by side racing in L3 I was able to move a head of Bjorn. I kept hammering away because Born is usually fast but he appeared to be holding back and waiting for me to slam a barrier while trying to stay in the lead. I mean, isn't that what usually happens? At the halfway, Bjorn had the bad luck, dropped back and there wasn't enough time for a good chase. Kevin and John were not that far behind, a great showing for the small grid!

Come on guys, we all know that with a larger grid I'd be nowhere near the front. We still have your favorite races, come play!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.2%