RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Another mini-dump.

This is the 2nd minidump in 2 days at 2 different addon tracks while crossing the S/F line starting the 2nd lap. Its just too similar to consider a coincidence.

Im planning a reinstall of GTR-Evo and STCC and hoping this helps. Any other suggestions/ideas what might be causing this?

WD to whoever podiums tonite. Looks like it was going to be a promising night of racing.

Thanks RD for hosting yet again.

I just experienced another rolling start with the GTC League, and it works a treat. Very clean opening laps, and good fun too. It's a manual rolling start, not the server setting option (that one doesn't work well)
I'm happy to try it provided every entrant is prepared to read the rules and obey them. If someone jumps off the line as per normal, it can be a huge mess.

Cam, how about trying "Superpole" with this event too. It also works a treat.

Tough luck there Keith dude :( ,the remains of your car caused a bit of panic as well :D,but i think all survived,i hate to see peoples racing ending with this minidump/drop connx etc. stuff :(.
But the racing raged on regardless,really good fun in both races,it was good to be back in the USA events!.
Thank You Yves sir(bummer you had to miss this :( ) and Thnx RD

I don't know what's causing these minidumps. I had one not long ago, I only deleted my addons and since I have no problem. But I don't know if it really solved the problem!

Race report:
Quali: Took 5th, could have been better but the quali ended when I was in the last corner with 0,4 second better time at sector 2:(
Race1: Nice race, good battle with Mitchell for 3rd, and he won:)
Race2: Another fun race, in the first corner I managed to avoid others, there was a little chaos, but then somebody pushed me a little and I went into the gravel! After that I found myself again behind Mitchell! Did a few mistakes, but I was able to get close again! Then he tried to pass Eric before Ickx, and went into the gravel. I was coming there, and he returned also! We collided a bit, and both of us said sorry:) I slowed down a bit as I thought at the moment I should have gone a little slower and let him back to track safely, but then he didn't seem to pass me, so I started to push. In the next lap Eric made a mistake and I passed him, and then they had a battle again with Mitchell, and I think they maybe collided as I saw a lot of sorry there, and they disappeared from my mirrors! Then I took it easy, only seen Tim in the last few laps.
Grats for Gary and Marty for their wins and their shared first place overall!
3rd overall was good for me in this race!:)

• Matt Alpeter

i should be shot in the face..i'm sorry for tonight guys, i was a mess

Qually: did my PB in qually and ended up in 4th

Race 1: dropped the revs too low and was slow off the line. was extremely careful the first lap as I didn't want to kill anyone, then when I was flying down the front stretch, Keith dropped connection and his ghost car stopped in the middle of the road. The only way to know what I'm talking about is to watch it from my point of view. After I ended up backwards everyone looked high so I tried to put the car low and out of the raceline which worked very nicely, unfortunately while I was spinning back around, the guys changed and went low. Again, I'm very sorry..just watch the clip.

http://copdoctor.blip.tv/?user=copdoctor#1567397

Race 2: Started dead last and tried to just stay behind and not mess up anyone's race cause I was cold. Unfortunately I came in hot to one of the last turns and touched Hansi's bumper, then my foot slipped and i hit the brakes right in the race line..i tried to get into the grass but it was too late. broken suspension i tried to keep going but ended up hitting Corey in T1. After I braked late for another corner I made the decision to stop racing.

Guys I feel horrible and I want to apologize. These two races were aweful for me and I ruined it for some of you. Everyone says people have bad race days..I guess this was mine. Again, I apologize.

Came in last minute but got about 10 minutes practice. 1st time at this track.

Quali- 3rd (lucky last effort)

Race-1 Got a good start and had a great Battle going with Mitchell for 2ND. As we traded spots Gary pulled a good gap in front. Finally got 2nd to myself but Gary was too fast to close on. Finished 2nd

Race-2 Crazy start but worked well for me went from 7th to 2nd behind Eric. Eric set a great pace and we managed a small gap. Then Eric went wide in the 1st turn handing me the lead. Held a good pace pushing hard knowing I had Gary coming. I get nervous knowing its Gary chasing and have made some silly mistakes in the past. Managed to hold him off for a win I will always remember. Glad I decided to enter had allot of fun tonight. Thanks Yves another great event!

Keith dropped connection and his ghost car stopped in the middle of the road. The only way to know what I'm talking about is to watch it from my point of view. After I ended up backwards everyone looked high so I tried to put the car low and out of the raceline which worked very nicely, unfortunately while I was spinning back around, the guys changed and went low. Again, I'm very sorry..just watch the clip.

No problem Matt! I was also scared of Keith's car ahead:) Then I saw you spinning, we almost collided, but I managed to avoid you! BTW in the video I saw that you didn't have my skin. Strange as it's in the pack.

Wow what a race LOL. Still nervous and shaky/sweaty but here goes.

Quali - I came in 30secs or so before quali started. I was not happy getting here at the last minute and the whole family knew it LOL. I was doing setup changes during quali and didn't put together any good times. I believe I got 6th.

Race 1 - got a great start and was battling with Peter for the first set of corners. I tried to keep it clean. The back side is where I managed to get up to P3 and from there I was in a pretty stable spot. Until the end of the first lap when I I was behind Keith(?) by barely 1sec and then BAM! I ran right into him (ghost) and I spun off the front straight doing 180 clicks LOL. I was like WTF just happened? I spun backwards all the way to the chicaine and almost gathered up Gary L(?) so I just let him by and settled into P3 again. I was so ticked off hahahah I just started laughing. At least my reflexes are quick - watching the replay is hilarious. I can just imagine what Gary behind me was thinking. Hmmm, typical rookie mistake to spin on the front straight hahaha. I was getting close to reeling in Marty up until the half way mark when Peter started filling my mirrors. Pressure!!! Whew, I couldn't concentrate. Lap 7 I got P2 after passing Marty - alright!!! That only lasted a few laps though and I caved under pressure - back to P3 it was. What an amazing 3rd race ever - hey I finished 3rd on my 3rd race.

Race 2 - what a mess of a start LOL. People were playing pinball machine and I was trying to stay out of the carnage. This is a tough track to pass and I'll just say that I was not as clean with my buddy Eric as I should have been. I was love tapping him all over the place. Hmmm, poor choice of words LOL. At one point, Eric brake checked me on the back of the track and I got nailed by someone which made me hit Eric hard! We were both sideways on the track so I just braked and waited for Eric to get back up to speed. Ultimately I finished 5th in this race. Great fun I tell you!

Thank you all for an awesome race and thanks RD!!!

i should be shot in the face..i'm sorry for tonight guys, i was a mess

Qually: did my PB in qually and ended up in 4th

Race 1: dropped the revs too low and was slow off the line. was extremely careful the first lap as I didn't want to kill anyone, then when I was flying down the front stretch, Keith dropped connection and his ghost car stopped in the middle of the road. The only way to know what I'm talking about is to watch it from my point of view. After I ended up backwards everyone looked high so I tried to put the car low and out of the raceline which worked very nicely, unfortunately while I was spinning back around, the guys changed and went low. Again, I'm very sorry..just watch the clip.

Race 2: Started dead last and tried to just stay behind and not mess up anyone's race cause I was cold. Unfortunately I came in hot to one of the last turns and touched Hansi's bumper, then my foot slipped and i hit the brakes right in the race line..i tried to get into the grass but it was too late. broken suspension i tried to keep going but ended up hitting Corey in T1. After I braked late for another corner I made the decision to stop racing.

Guys I feel horrible and I want to apologize. These two races were aweful for me and I ruined it for some of you. Everyone says people have bad race days..I guess this was mine. Again, I apologize.

In your video you can see me spinning up ahead and to the left. Nothing you could have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 222 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%