RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

1 hour of practice, quali and thinking about a strategy and my race last exactly 3 out of 36 laps. Had a bad start from pole, dropped a place behing Peter, while in my mirror I saw quite some contact going into T1. In lap 3 Peter made a mistake and we went side by side approaching the last corner when Peter suddenly moved to the right and bumped me off into the tirewalls. Tried to continue but suspension was heavily broken, pitted twice but my car was not good at all anymore :(

I'm sure this wasn't Peter's intention, but still it's quite frustrating.

Sorry Amir for touching you in T1, brakes were also worse after my crash.

Well that was so promising, and now it has left me furious!

Practice was going badly. Couldn't hook up the Vectra and the front tyres were overheating badly. I think it was the same for everyone though.

Superpole - got a half-decent lap in early in the session, and to my surprise I ended 4th on the grid, despite taking it easy and making a mistake on my quali lap.

Race - I got a half-decent start, dropping a place to Gary who had a lightning start. He got dumped off at Turn 1 by Simon, who I then passed a couple of corners later. I was up in 3rd, behind Sander and Peter. They had a coming together which put Sander out, so I was in second, with Jamie crawling all over me however. I just couldn't find the grip in the second half of the lap, but was quicker in the first half. He passed me eventually and I managed to live with him for half a lap, before settling around 2.5 seconds behind, with horrendous tyre wear. And here's where it goes wrong.

Into Turn 1 (around the 14th lap?), I received a text message which made me jump and miss my braking point lol. I rejoined behind Karl and in front of Gary. I gave Karl a slight nudge round the top hairpin, but nothing major. Then approaching the penultimate corner and braking on the crest, Gary drove straight into the back of me sending me flying off the race track with a beached car, broken gearbox and damaged suspension. I eventually managed to get it out of the gravel and drove for a couple of laps before pitting. They fixed the suspension but the gearbox was still finding neutral constantly and I pulled it over.

Very annoyed with the poor driving from, of all people, Gary. He didn't even wait for me, even though he had clearly made me crash. Not even a sorry. Just a 'no way' and a 'shush' :censored:

Lost the qualy from Sander by 0.1, won the race (what was pretty good BTW), but how? :(:(
As Mr. Hogendoorn said, I made a mistake in the end of lap 3, side-by-side - I thought becouse he was in my dead space, didnt see him on my screen nor in the mirror, thought he is further right from me. It wasn't a big contact but enough to end up the former champion's race :(

Receive my dense apologies Sander, i didn't want it. Hope you can excuse me.

Thank you all guys & staff for this fantastic event! It would be sooooo better without that incident.

Cheers.

oh, well someone have to be last I guess. atleast I managed to manouver around all in T1 everything just turned into smoke and cars everywhere, the times I have seem to be fairly stabile, slow but stabile, and still I just can't keep up during race. Maybe I'm trying too hard when I see a car infront...... OK, thanks for tonight I did have some fun.
//Johan

Quali went ok, although I made a big mistake in T1, I ended up in 5th place. In the first lap I had terrible lag and I had to stop in the grass and let everyone pass because otherwise I would maybe cause an accident.
After lap 1 the lag was gone, and I ended the race in 3rd position.

Good race, I love it!

I finish 15th but I had god a "stop and go" for false start and I did pit stop for the stop and go so =3rd pit stop in the race. But it was fun!! I was 17th on the grid, i am not quickly for the moment but I hope to be more fast soon with you

PS: sorry for my english

im2fid.jpg

Saturday Night S2000 Action! Taking these cars to Okayama where last weekends WTCC event was held.​

You will need to have the STCC Expansion to attend.​

Server: RACEDEPARTMENT S2000
Class: WTCC 06/07 & STCC
Track: Okayama NoGrip - RD Download
Password: click here
Date: 1st November 2008

Practice: 19.30 GMT (60 Mins)
Qualification: 20:30 GMT (30 Mins)
Race: 2 Races of 14 Laps
Weather: Changeable​

1. Simon Trendell
  2. Ryan Callan
  3. Jamie Wilson
  4. Chris Noble
  5. Florian Goubaud
  6. David Lemon
  7. Karl Westman
  8. Patrick Duivelaar
  9. Christian Deparis
  10. Matthew Parr
  11. Eric Kaczmarek
  12. Sai Yip
  13. Terry Harmer [skin]
  14. Nigel Atkins
  15. Amir Mar
  16. Sebastien Bortoli [skin]
  17. Lewis Fergusson
  18. Michael Herrmann [skin]
  19. Dave Gardner
  20. Jacek Kozlowski
  21. Mark Guy [skin]
  22. Marcel vd Aa
  23. Victor Shaw
  24. Peter Byun
  25. Ross Balfour
Reserves

1. Gregory Degreef
  2. Gary Lennon
  3. Nils Wijk
  4. Sander Hogendoorn

• Chris Noble

SERVER 1:

Ryan and Gary make sure you both watch the replay of turn 1 and your own incident first (865 on replay) before commenting please.

Qualified a lowly 17th and didnt think much would come of the race :(

But got a good start and no where to go so got slowed down by andrew evans who didnt get a good start and let Nigel in his Honda come through fast!

Due to crashes and incidents on turn 1 i got up to about 8th place which wasnt bad, but struggling with the handling of the Audi A4. Got Gary catch up with me and had a good battle but couldnt hold him off and he got me on the 2nd to last corner :( couple of laps later he and Ryan had their crash giving me 5th place.

Gary Catches back up with me and have another battle trying to hold him off which I managed until my pit stop. Changed 2 left tires and jumped some more guys in the pits (They seemed to pit longer?) and was back in 5th again with a nice 6 second gap to 6th.

James Yates was much faster than me though and soon brought that down and had him trying to get past for about 8 laps! then Edward Olmos(sp?) joined in and tapped James round who he waited for and thus gave me a nice 3 second back to Gary again who was on the chase! but 3 seconds was enough for me to keep 5th for the last lap :)

Thank you to Gary and James for the fair fights :)

Qualify:
I had a really good superpole I put the car in P3 which i was surprised about, but very happy.:bananamario:

Race:
I had a demon start in the race, got along side the front row and went araound the outside in T1 and found myself in P2. Very pleased with myself i stayed there for 3 corners i think then i out braked myself..LOL:madgrin:
I droped to P5 and set after the leaders. I caught up to Ross and Martin I think it was and we had a great fight(VERY CLEAN) for many laps. I got passed Ross in to P2 and was going well when I out braked myself again and lost places. I again had to chase down Ross where we battled again for a number of laps untill he pitted. I pitted the next lap and came ouot in P2 with quite a gap to P3 and I was very surprised. Tride to push hard and close on Erik, but no chance of that. Well done Erick.
I'm really glad I bought this expansion, tonights race was my best online Race so far.

Thanks guy's:peace:

Edit: And sorry to the driver in the Volvo that I passed in the Start finish straight and touched and i saw you go off. I thought you were going left for me to pass right which I did, but you came across to the right again...Sorry buddy. :)

Shame about T1 after nice start making some places to T1,Si was way in tight and took some grass to try and make room,the tap from a flying in as if it was an empty road Ryan tipped Si's back left wing,and he tipped me off into the gravel...recovered nicely well down the order but had lots of good close battles trying to claw back something,got an earlier than i expected tyre warning,but stayed out maybe a tad longer than should have to make my fuel work out.
Changed all 4 tyres for safety to finish and took my 22 laps of fuel and away to see where i was at,8th i think?,Ryan off in the gravel at T1 ahead recovering...Karl i think? was first to arrive there and got passed,as i tried to go past he came from the left side,over to the right and blocked me off,no big deal really so following closely,as i did follow closely a few guys most of that race...then the incident Ryan is speaking about was a strange one in my humble opinion,he suddenly braked hard,like..Waaay before any rational braking point for that bit of track,almost impossible to avoid despite my efforts,and were both off.
I really dont know what your trying to play at Ryan,but your walking a dangerous path,im not saying im some kind of perfect racing angel,but ive been around here long enough now,and had literally hundereds of races across a few different sim formats,and i would like to think i have built a decent repuation for not deliberately ramming people of the track,as you made such a point of trying to accuse me of,ofcourse ive tipped people off tracks before,and duly waited,but the way i seen that incident was just bizarre....i cant understand why you would do that there?,and think maybe my car could evaporate or go ghost mode?,this is a simulated "Race Track",not the M4 and your not happy at some tailgater so you stab the brakes to freak him a bit.
If you want i can show you various bits of replay from that race of me following a few others at that part of the track,in some cases way closer than i was to you,and no problems or contact,so im not accepting responsability for that.
Trying to humiliate me publicly before you left was also not a clever move on your part either......

Other than that quite a good night of serious close racing,thanks guys and wd.

first a big appolegy for terry . in the 1st lap and before t1 my screen froze for a second and when it got working again it was too late and i hit terry and maybe another guy. i appolgize for that . after the incidend i lost the splitter and my suspension was damaged. i decided to make a pit stop asp. i did my stop on lap 11 and then had a good fight with terry and atkins(i think) i passed terry and then let him pass me again because of that incident on t1:).later my tyres were gone and that was the end of my race.
any way you guys are realy goodracers and after playing gtl for the last months i decided to go back to race07. so see you on the track and grats to peter:yo:

Lost the qualy from Sander by 0.1, won the race (what was pretty good BTW), but how? :(:(
As Mr. Hogendoorn said, I made a mistake in the end of lap 3, side-by-side - I thought becouse he was in my dead space, didnt see him on my screen nor in the mirror, thought he is further right from me. It wasn't a big contact but enough to end up the former champion's race :(

Receive my dense apologies Sander, i didn't want it. Hope you can excuse me.

Thank you all guys & staff for this fantastic event! It would be sooooo better without that incident.

Cheers.

For sure I forgive you. Part of racing, can happen to anyone anytime :)

I didn't humiliate you Gary. I asked why?! I braked just normally, on the crest, just like the guy in front.

Like I said 'of all people' I was surprised it was you. Why would I brake check? - don't be stupid. You didn't try and avoid anything - I have watched the replay and your engine note was revving all the way. It was a punt - come on, admit it. Your too good a driver to have made a mistake like that. You could tell you were going too fast - you went in the grass aswell - even though you had hit me and slowed down.

And I hardly touched Simon's car at Turn 1 - he was going over the kerb into you anyway.

Rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back