RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well that was short and sweet for me.

Qualified 7th, which I was relatively happy with, as I came in completely cold, having never driven the car or the track.

In the race, got a lightning start. Someone bogged down two rows in front, which impeded the guy immediately in front of me. I got the inside line into Turn 1 and took 2nd from Yves. However, I immediately lost 3 places by going wide into turn 2 lol. Yves gave me a shove going into the chicane so I took the hint and let him by later in the lap, as he was clearly a lot quicker. I was then just about hanging on to the coat-tails of the top 5, when, on lap 3, halfway round Turn 2, there was Gary in the middle of the track and bang! I couldn't avoid him. I had to wait for a couple of cars to go past before I rejoined, but I had heavy damage. I tried to get to lap 6, so I could pit, repair and refuel for the rest of the race.

However the car was still undriveable after pitting and I had to quit on lap 7 :(

Hope everyone had fun :)

Thanks to RD and Yves for setting it up.

Qual of 4th after arriving setupless and cold was nice,got to know the car well in qual too,no special start this time but enough to keep with those ahead'ish,avoided early argy bargy going on and got to sneak past an arguing gang right into 2nd behind Rafael,i was happy to reel him in and get close,but small fluff ups kept me from having any passing chance,then at T2 i got a slight nudge in the back end just as i turned in,a FWD wtcc car would shrug that off with a minor wobble,unfortunately these RWD ones simply swap ends with nothing that can be done to stop it,so there i was sitting mid apex just the other side of the blind crest.....Ryan was the first to get the surprise and it was a big head on WHaaam!! bang,the radio guy reeled off the list of damages,from then on the car had no racing left in it depsite my efforts to continue,the only way was backwards really,so best to leave and not annoy others having to deal with a weaving and half in control insurance write off car.
It was really great while it lasted though,and i cant remember the last time i took a rear end nudge-around,so its all good,these things happen and its no big deal,im sure i will rear end nudge-around someone again some day...
Thanks for having me again at late notice Mr. Yves sir!:)

gary sorry for this 2 bumps the first i was way to late on brakes and the 2nd one i throug you have seen me inside so was going for it. and plz tell me how you can go that fast without front wing? :)

LOL ofcourse no front wing is less drag m8,simple physics :D,the problem was all the important parts bent and missing that made it no fun and too difficult to continue really.

And ofcourse please,no probs at all m8,that was one very tightly paced group at the front there,in the great scheme of things,we do a lot better than the real pro wtcc drivers when it comes to carnage and mayhem :) .

Very nice race for me. I bumped someone one time i think, but no damage and no off-track. Everyone was safe and careful i like that! :peace:

I was in the midfield during the race when suddenly i lost concentration for 1 second and the car spined out. Same thing happens 5 minutes later still without any damages. Then i go to pit... for the first time in GTR-Evo... so i missed the fuel and only changed the tires...:bananamario: I did another stop to refuel and then i understood how the pitmenu was working. lol

I crashed twice by myself in the last 15 minutes with more damage...

Cheers ALL, hope to race again! :yo:

USA time zone event

usaeventph3.jpg

Welcome USA time some event.

This race is primarily aimed towards our members in the United-states, Canada, and South America so the race times are set for that zone. However, we welcome entrants from other timezones who would like to race at this time and help us to maximize our starting grid.
The only thing we ask is that priority be given to US/Canada and south american members since they often don't get the opportunity to race other events.

For this event, we will use the WTCC 07 cars and will use the Le Mas Duclos track

Signups will close 1Hr before the Practice start time

Event details
Game: Race 07
Date: Tuesday October 27th 2008
Server: RACEDEPARTMENT USA
Car: WTCC 07
Skins: Custom skins allowed.
Circuit: Le Mas Duclos here

Password: click here

Event schedule (GMT time)
Practice: 9:30 pm EST, 30 mins (Wednesday 1:30 GMT)
Qualifying: 10:00 pm EST, 30 mins (Wednesday 2:00 GMT)
Race: 10:30 pm EST (Wednesday 2:30 GMT)
Laps: 2 by 10 laps

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Weather: Dry
Failures: Normal
Start: Standing

Please use the following format for sign up:

Name on RD forum:
Name in game:
Your Country:
Car:
Special remarks:

Sign-up:

*** Prepared to step aside to make room for US/Canada members if needed.

1. Ryan Callan - vectra ***
2. Corey Theman - Alfa
3. Eric Kaczmarek - Seat
4. Dallas Willms - Seat Leon
5. Marcel vd Aa - Seat Leon
6. Matt Alpeter - Seat Leon
7. Timothy Miller - Seat Leon
8. Chris Buchanan - Chevy
9. Yves Larose - BMW E90
10. william yunck - Alfa
11. Gaynall Hudgins - Honda
12. Keith Barrick - Chevy
13. Steve Emmons - BMW E90

Reserve

What a race, absolutly fantastic.

Qualy went exceptionally well considering the fastest time i ever did was a 1:30:4. But in the session i managed to bring that down to a 1:28:9 which gave me third place on the grid.

Race, well i managed to totally screw up my start which leaded in a bunch of guys swaying around me.
Then in T1 i got hit in the rear which resulted in me taking a little 360 degree detour.
When i came back on track i was second to last.
So i started a long journey back to the front of the pack and along the way i had some nice battles with Steve, Pascal, Michael and Morgan.
Great drivin' you guys :hug:
Pitstop in the meanwhile went great and i managed to drive home in second place.

Absolutly one of the best races i had sofar, great car and dito track.

Thanks to Yves an RD for their efforts.
See you all next time

qualif: manage to be second on the grid behind Rafael.

race: i knew i wasn't going fast getting off the grid and at T1 got a little tap on the side which made me go wide in the grass, lost a few place and at the apex at T2 i was the one that gave a little tap to someone ( don't remember who is was sorry ) sorry for that my bad :nono: at this point i was 7th behind the pack and was careful nope to cause any pill up and it payed of cause a few laps later i was 3 behind the 2 alfa's of Ben and Rafael. then started a 3 way battle, trading place when one of us was making a mistake, we did that for a few laps and at one point i ran wide exiting the last turn and got side way and then backward but manage to come back third, made a mistake a T2 which made me loose 2 places which i gain back a bit later. then again i ran wide exiting the last turn spun me but this time Morgan ( i think ) hit me , sorry man :censored: all my bad. the car was damage but couldn't feel the damage so it was good. came in for my pitstop and the :censored: pit limiter didn't work so had to came in for a stop and go which i missed up :censored: ( and i'm the one who did the pitstop tutorial :whistle: ) came in again and this time got it right but then i was 9th. managed to caught and pass Tim for 8th to finally realized i was in fact 7th where i finished.

overall had good fight made a few good pass but it was once again a bad race for me.

Man, that is a fun track... very challenging as there are a lot of places where u can screw it up.

Thank you Yves for your help, I did a 1:31.4 in qualifiers (don't laugh guys! ... :) and I finished the race, which is an improvement for me.

I even got my first stop & go penalty, that was fun! I saw Rafael flying towards me in my mirrors so I went through the back chicane and just coasted to let him through. I guess that between the time of the first blue flag warning and the moment he passed me too much time went by.

Anyway, I hope I did not get in the way of anybody.

Thanks for the race!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline