RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

.....................This is ballet... not driving...:confused:
il_fullxfull.364484396_4n1i.jpg

............My new racing suit for this track, is ready:roflmao:

Last edited:
No problem Carlos, I was having big problems in R2 because I made a suspension change between races. It worked in some ways but hurt in others.

Not a bad pace for considering no sim driving for two weeks. Bouncy track jumpy cars, not the best for me either, lol! Happy for Bjorn's mistake in R1 and a win, YEahhhhh! The change in R2 got me a puncture and the loss of a lot of time.

Great to have three drivers for a fun time!

Hi all,
Back online in our new home but very busy.
The race was fantastic fun. I was shunted at a corner, near the start, might have been by Damo, not sure, but I was going a bit slowly so no blame is attatched to that person.!
I had the dreaded "You have a suspension problem" message, but managed to carry on ok.
John had a flying start but I managed to reel him in and he made a slight mistake which allowed me to pass.
Before that I was screaming at him down my headset cos I was coming into a tight turn way too fast, lol.
I was in third place, with 2 laps left, with Damo right behind me, he was struggling to get past but his pressure forced me into a mistake and he sailed by!!
It was great fun and we had so many laughs and giggles on comms :)
Hope to see you all again very soon :)

Some very nice racing on this tyre-eating track!

Got the basics (fuel, tyre pressure & brake bias) down yesterday and hopped in right for P2 - took me some time to get to speed, but finally found some and qualified 3rd.

I then absolutely botched the start and lost two positions to Alex and Joe, though that made for some nice fighting during the race - finally got back into P3, which would then become 2nd when Peter retired after what seemed like a lag-induced worsening of a slight touch while lapping John.

Had a better start into race #2 and while avoiding Aaron sliding across the straight, I couldn't exactly avoid getting bumped into in T2, hum. Recovered fairly quickly, though, and took on to hunt down John.
Another nice battle with Alex and Dennis, whom we were closing in on, followed and soon enough, I was back in P3, chasing after Joe. His tyres seemed to be considerably worse, allowing me to gain some time, and finally making the pass - another P2.

Thanks for racing, everyone - see you next time! :)

Nice combo today...

Qual:
A small mistake on the second half of the track... I think it was the reason for the 2nd position.

Race 1:
Good start, from the outer side of the 1st turn, it was a risk to try going for first place, so Aaron kept the lead.
We had the same lap times, good driving from both until one Aaron's mistake gives me the lead.
Again, the same laps times 'till the last turn of the track, where I found in front of me Grant... Too slow for me that moment, I'm sure that he didn't realise that I was behind him (and he was 1 lap back) and while trying not to hit on him, I got out of track...RACE FINISHED.

Race 2:
For the 3 or 4 first turns, you couldn't understand who was crashing with who. The result of these "bumper cars" was suspension problems for me and after a while, my car couldn't steer properly. RACE FINISHED.
Unfortunately, I lost another battle with Aaron, who was again a "breath" behind me. I think we were in P3 and P4.
I forgive whoever bumped me and I hope I'm forgiven from whoever I bumped.:)

Very nice race!
Thank you guys!

Last edited:
Oh what a week to return to racing! Zandvoort where the sands change the nature of the track to lumpy, bumpy and an STCC track, say isn't there a mod for karts available somewhere? Very difficult for me, sorry. I think I actually did get a good setup and a good drive but mediocrity and a tough track overcame me.

Lost the car in the last turn during quali so gave up the lap.

R1: I kept running into people and spinning off track, not good for placing.

R2: One by one the fast guys caught me. I spun but I don't think I ever hit anyone.

Tough track, hoping next week is better for me.

I have been collecting two (hums) from Bjorn the last two weeks.
Nothing on purpose... misperception and not good moments I think.
I hope Bjorn is not being a strict judge to me.
I already miss your likes.

Last edited:
I'd forgotten about that.
Any idea what happened Bjorn? Haven't seen the replay yet.

As Dennis said, I got sliding on my re-entry, thus blocking your path a bit - sorry about that, but seems like you got me out of the way without too much hassle ;)
As for the start, I think you and Damo got bit too close, IIRC. Another quick recovery it seemed, but it sure looked dramatic! :D

I already have miss your likes.
No worries ;) Seems like I have unconsciously cut back on "likes" as most of the post-race-browsing was done from my mobile, and while that works fine, hitting those tiny icons sure is a challenge ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 286 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%