RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I would join a few more races if the option to have tc, abs, low stab etc was available. I find that some of the cars are difficult to drive in Race 07 without these aids and when I do bother, the superfast usual aliens always leave you behind anyway. Motivation is hard when its like that for me personally.

I think "sacrificing" either Mon or Wed for the "user request" day might be an option to take care of that, offering you guys to request certain track/car/setting (aids, length, start mode, pit stops...) combos.
Dennis is set to return in the next few days, if I recall correctly, so stay tuned for short-term news on that one ;)

Some good racing with a grid of 7 :)

Qualifying in pole, if I recall correctly, but some cycle-throughs to let in Carlos and allow Ivan back onto the starting grid mixed up the order quite a bit. Made for an interesting start though, and getting off the line early and then avoiding the L1 shenanigans, I was back in P1 soon.
However, with Peter and Alex gaining time on me, there weren't many moments to relax - Peter finally reached my rear bumper, but seemingly refused to pass?
We then went into what has to be most time-saving pitlane ever together, and got out a few seconds ahead of Alex after I had missed my garage.
However, Alex did the same trick a lap later, so everything was back to normal for a while. I then screwed up the first chicane and went onto the grass for a few metres, which pretty much forced Peter to pass - he then let me by the next lap again, though...
Towards the end of the race, Alex got closer and closer, but with Peter, who had went off and then into pits in the meantime, right behind him, he couldn't quite gain enough on me - P1 it was.

Thanks for racing everyone, TS was great fun and it seemed like everyone enjoyed their respective races a fair bit :)

It was a great race...:thumbsup:

@John Grant , I hope you enjoyed this race and that it made you change your mind a little about your disappointment .:)

My intention today was not the first position, it was the joy and the fun... If this gives some answers to Bjorn.
I'm not trying to disdain anyone, contrariwise, I needed this and I felt like the good old days.:sneaky:
As always, I think that RD members are unique and respect worthy to me.

The battle with Bjorn was superb!!!:thumbsup: I hope you enjoyed it the same...

My first-time experience on TeamSpeak was great.
It was really nice to hear your voices and what you were saying. My silence though, was a result of my unfortunate lack of English language knowledge. Probably I would cause "trouble" and confusion if I tried to speak . :confused:
My posts are results from Google Translation and my Son's help. :cry: ( That's really unfortunate for me )

Enjoyed that a lot. For a test track it was a lot of fun to race on. Usually testing circuits don't lend themselves to racing as their layouts are designed for different purposes. I got a good start but fell back through the first couple of corners. Eventually made it into third and got some clear air and caught up to John. I couldn't find a way by and Peter caught us both and overtook, and soon after I passed John too. Peter caught up to Bjorn whilst I pulled away from John and was on my own until the pit stops, where the curious layout means I actually gained 6 seconds on the leaders. I only too front tyres as I had hardly any wear, and with Peter and Bjorn battling I caught right up. Peter then spun leaving me to try and catch Bjorn. I was doing so but then Peter rejoined the fight a lap down, which was really rather off-putting as I was trying to catch and pass bjorn bit couldn't because I had a lapped car which kept getting in the way. Really hindered me on my last lap. So that wasn't too good, but overall it was a lot of fun.

Enjoyed that a lot. For a test track it was a lot of fun to race on. Usually testing circuits don't lend themselves to racing as their layouts are designed for different purposes. I got a good start but fell back through the first couple of corners. Eventually made it into third and got some clear air and caught up to John. I couldn't find a way by and Peter caught us both and overtook, and soon after I passed John too. Peter caught up to Bjorn whilst I pulled away from John and was on my own until the pit stops, where the curious layout means I actually gained 6 seconds on the leaders. I only too front tyres as I had hardly any wear, and with Peter and Bjorn battling I caught right up. Peter then spun leaving me to try and catch Bjorn. I was doing so but then Peter rejoined the fight a lap down, which was really rather off-putting as I was trying to catch and pass bjorn bit couldn't because I had a lapped car which kept getting in the way. Really hindered me on my last lap. So that wasn't too good, but overall it was a lot of fun.
This was the best racing i had since i started, the reason we had a good laugh so much that when i laugh my eyes close and that causes problems staying on tract.
Its not about racing and winning, its the interaction we experience, and communicate. Peter, i do appreciate u joining TS don't be concerned to chat and language barrier, i bet i can teach u a word, if just saying " ****" when u hit the barriers.
Take Care Friends

@John Grant said:
This was the best racing i had since i started, the reason we had a good laugh so much that when i laugh my eyes close and that causes problems staying on tract.
For me this was the VICTORY.... and when mr.Grant said:
Take Care Friends.
this was the PRIZE for me. I think we've all put a hand for this...

Everything else was inferior in this race and as I said before this goes for me.

I feel vindicated and happy for this RACE.

I think the whole point of RD racing is that its just for fun , hence no points involved , thats what makes it for me anyway .Coupled with the banter on TS , it makes it an enjoyable evening , even though some peeps had it in for my new paint job on Friday evening! :p:D Oh and of course me trying to squeeze my mini into Ivans boot.:D

Damo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline