WTCC included in GRID 2?

Discussion in 'GRID 2' started by aaee1122, Dec 5, 2012.

1. aaee1122

aaee1122

Ratings:
    +12
    WTCC will be included???

2. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant

Ratings:
    +284
    There is no word yet on other car classes or tracks. As soon as more information comes available, I will update we'll let you know :)

3. aaee1122

aaee1122

Ratings:
    +12
    thank you!!!!!!!!!

4. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,358
    I am not surprised if it will be included. Heard some rumors earlier this year about the WTCC license going to a game developer again. Not sure if that is again SimBin or maybe this time Codemasters.

If they include it into GRID2 I for sure hope they include the full season of cars and tracks and not just a random selection of both.

5. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant

Ratings:
    +284
    I'm not sure about the WTCC license going to Codemasters would do the WTCC series justice. I mean, GRID 2 will obviously be more arcade based. I'd rather drive an as authentic rendition of the series as possible, which means I'd prefer a sim developer like Simbin to get the license. It would be great though, if GRID 2 were to include a number touring cars from the WTCC class like they did in the original GRID. Just my two cents :)

6. Christopher Vrettos

Christopher Vrettos
    Premium

Ratings:
    +88
    I have a feeling that the license may have gone to Simraceway...

This is listed under the "Licensors" section of the website:

Eurosport
    WTCC™ word and logo marks are protected trademarks (2005-2011) of Eurosports Events Limited.

Also heard from one of the devs that they have driven one of the cars already.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,358
    Yeah I noticed that on the SRW site as well some time ago but 2005-2011 has passed now :)