RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well I thoroughly enjoyed the evening with many close calls and some of my best passes to date.

R1: A bit of side to side runbbing saw me in the kitty litter at turn one and down a few spots. Just racing not a problem. I took a tap in about lap 2-3 which saw me facing the wrong way for a bit and lose a few more spots... After that it was some really close racing with Grant Powell and trying to maintain my lap times with some worn tyres.

R2: Very close racing with Andrew a couple of times that gave my brakes a good workout. I have worked out that, 'How to avoid other cars on the track and hang back to wait for a better opportunity' thing. As Wally said, there were a few places swapped and a couple of sympathy spins/near losses.

I didn't enjoy these cars initially, but after tweaking my setup and my steering wheel, I found them really exciting and very 'catchable'. It was a shame that so many people left the game during the race, for whatever reasons but if you've gotta go...

Well done all, a great night.

really enjoyed my race , qual 14 ,blew the start ,then just drove around trying to stay out of the way .got a "love tap" from Dietmar but i believe that it was more my fault because i braked early ,so Dietmar i'm sorry for causing you grief .finished in last place.
second race missed the start because of a nature call pit stop :):).

• Neil Gardner

My race...

Well, I had a pretty interesting night, but not for all the right reasons...

I had only ever had 10 laps in the Caterhams before joining the practise session, so I was genuinely surprised that I was right up the top of the field timewise. In qually I managed to get 2nd on the grid and was very very happy with that.

The start of Race 1 was unfortunate and forgettable. I haven’t had a chance to view the replay yet so it may even be worse (or better) than I am describing.

My start was ok, not brilliant, but certainly not a bad start – I was on the inside heading into T1 and Michael S (I think) from P4 was passing me around the outside. It was an ambitious move, but he did have speed on me and it was a completely legit move. I braked for T1 and locked up just for a split second, I recovered but had understeered towards the outside of the track and tapped Michael who then (I believe) spun into the kitty litter. I did consider stopping and waiting, but at the time I wasn’t convinced I had done much wrong except for a momentary lockup. Passing someone on the outside into T1 with the way these cars refuse to turn in was brave and I’m really sorry I tapped you though. You did however make it back to 4th which must have meant the car didn’t break.

The rest of Race 1 was pretty uneventful and I had decided to circulate and take second behind Karoly when I noticed he had spun off the track in front of me and was rejoining. Unfortunately the rejoin was decidedly average and I had to take avoiding action to miss hitting him which unsettled my car so badly into the next corner that M Pierce was able to get a run on me and just slip by cheaply. I resettled myself and looked for a way past, but it was gone and I cruised home for 3rd. Pretty happy with that.

Race 2 I had a better and cleaner start, and managed to make a few positions until I was 3rd or 4th I think... Then I just followed the car in front of me into the kitty litter on T1 and couldn’t pull up before the wall which damaged my suspension and punctured a tyre... I tried to get around the track, but halfway down the straight it was obvious I was a danger on the road and with much of the field to come past me I pulled off the track to retire.

I really enjoyed these cars, despite not being able to get them to turn in, and them wanting to spin the moment you ventured near the gas.

Sorry again to Michael – I suspect the Replay may show I made a bigger mistake that I interpreted at the time.

Cheers – N

Race 1: A family day at the beach left me very nervous, as I almost missed Qualifying. I managed to get in with about a minute and a half to spare, which meant there wasn't any time left to do a lap, and I started last, in 18th. Strange territory for me! :pound:Anyway, I gained quite a few positions on the start, going up to 11th, and settled in to drive as best I could and watch an intruiging battle between Cam and Grant P., trying to keep them small in my mirrors. By the time of the closing laps, I found myself in 8th, most likely because of crashes up front. I crossed the line in that position, but went up to 7th after someone quit. Grats to Karoly for the win. By the way, Andrew:
Couldn't avoid. and Yes i did wait...which in term may have impacted Rhys's race as i was close to the racing line. Sorry about that too.
You were close to the racing line, and I swerved to avoid you, but I did not hit you and it did not impact my race in any way. So don't worry about it. :thumb:

Race 2: I realised as the server changed session that I was on the front row of the grid (also an unknown frontier) with Takuya. I felt very nervous, and when the lights went out, I stuffed up. I got a little too excited and floored the throttle too early, which meant that I spun off to the left and lost a wheel on the exit of the pits. I tried to carry on to the pits for repairs, but thought it best to retire. I went to the race monitor screen and watched Takuya dominate the early laps, then went into my dining room to eat a delicious Fish and Chips dinner. :becky: I came back around lap 8 to see Karoly pull an impressive overtaking manoevre on Takuya and assume the lead. And that's the way it stayed for the rest of the race. Karoly crossed the line in first for the second time in a row, and I immediately dubbed him "Karoly the Krusher."
The man from Hungary certainly Krushed us Oceanians that night! :D

Challenging event, very enjoyable, and thankyou to RD for organising.

• Marcos Ascensao

Qualifying : 11th and last place with a 1:34:3xx .

Race : got 1 place ahead on the green light , went closely to Rafael Barbosa , Luis Carlos and Marcel Vd Aa for a few laps , then spun the Viper right after T4 and race was finished for me , I had totaled he car :( . Better luck next time . I´m still trying to figure out the GTs ...

Until next time , mates :) .

My first evo race - and first RWD race.
I qualified good considering I don't know what I am doing in a RWd with a time of 132.9
The first few laps went great and then I had a few turns were I left the course. I went on to my 12 lap pit estimation and everything was fine. I pited left the pits and held my position. A few laps later I ran out of gas, so I am confused because I know I set fuel refil to on, and set it for 12 laps fuel. I don't know what happened. My thought was that I would pit 2 times giving me 36 laps at around 1 hour, but something went wrong.
Next time.

Qualifying 5th in the GT Pro with my personal best 1:29.7

Race: What a pathetic outing:-( I had a decent start passed Tim in the Drui's corner (tight righter almost a U turn) and was second behind Vick. Then I went wide in one of the easiest corner on the track. Went into the grass (not too bad), but then DID something REALLY stupid. I tried to get back on the track... Well my 600bhp car spin off as soon as I re-entered (too much on the gas duh) and ran into Gary Lennon (I AM SOOOOO sorry m8.. felt horrible). Punctured tyre and suspension... I slowly drove to the pits, but for some weird reason my punctured tyre wasn't replaced... So, I did a lap and tried again.. no luck!!! I guess I should have read and pay better attention to pits info... after the 3rd trial I gave up and abandoned the race...

I spent several days practicing for tonight and it all ended after the first lap :( very sad...

Thank you Yves for organizing this and sorry to Gary again...

My race night wasn't too good i guess.
First i wanted to go and do some testlaps but that was cut short because my G25 decided that FFB was no longer required.
Had to reboot my pc twice before it came back.

After that it seemed my mind couldn't manage the awesome speed of the BMW Z4 GTR.:p
First i thought that i was just a slow on the track but soon it dawned on me that i was slow in my actions behind the wheel.

Knowing this it doesn't come as a surprise i only qualied 10th.
When the race started i decided to let p11 pass and just hang back drivin' my own pace.
That went rather well until a dodge viper spun out about 50 meter in front of me and i couldn't avoid him.
I hit him with about 130 kph full in the side but strangely i only had a punctured tire and some aero damage.
So i limped to the pit, changed the tyreand fixed the front aero.
When i came back out in the 5th lap i was allready a lap behind so it was back to my own pace again.
That went good until i needed gas in lap 20. Somehow i didn't activate gas in the pitmenu so after getting new tyres i was sent on my merry way with only 1.5 liter in the tank.
Needless to say that meant the end of my race.

All by all not my race night.
Note: i am now very dedicated to finish the next usa event coz the race at surfers paradise also ended in a DNF.

So i see you all next time.

Thnx to Yves & RD for setting this up.

Qual: 4th Finish: DNF

Put my new favourite car,the Marcos on the 2nd row and was surprised how it got away so well along with the GTP's,the Koenig soon put little Marcos back in her place with a little sniff of some straight,feeling fine holding 4th watching the 3 GTP's pull away,but then "The Egg" of Eric's got out wide on the dip approaching dingle dell,i always seem to choose the wrong side to avoid,it was obvious to go left,where Eric's car had just come from,i chose right,where it was just about to be :p,KeerPow!,i assumed race over damages,but errr...nothing!?!,not even a dent to my car,and were talking quite a big impact,the car felt the same so dusted myself down and started chasing,i soon caught the Z4 gang with the extra mumbo of the GTS Marcos,then i was in nomansland until pits,i fuelled but didnt do tyres,so i stopped again to do tyres,but messed it up and put more fuel in,now up to 92L with 15 mins to go,and still no tyres!,pitted again and got the tyre change right.
Came out and caught Rafael and enjoyed some chasing and pressurising,he went wide at Surtees and i ducked in neat and tight,but Rafael must have gathered it up and was trying to contest the place,i felt a bump,looked rear view and he was going off into the barriers,i really dont know what happened there tbh,but i stopped and let him go by,the will to go on suddenly left me... :(
Great job by Chris with a lights to flag winning performance!!.

No Probs at all Eric m8,a classic race incident,a smarter guy would have avoided you with ease :wink:.
Sorry to Rafael for whatever went on there at Surtees? :/
Mant thanks Yves for letting me sneak in like a thief in the night unannounced..! :rolleyes:.
Cheers RD USA! (Hell Yeah!) :becky:

I finally made it to a USA event, and what a night!:D

I had a great qualy battle with Marty Pierce, and managed to just take the pole with a 1:25.5, just a couple of tenths ahead. My first ever online pole position!:thumb:

I usually start poorly, so I warned everyone to be careful, but I got the best start of my life! Reading that thread on starts and doing some offline practice runs really paid off!:wink:

I managed to enter turn 1 in the lead. I ran pretty carefully for the first lap because of cold tires, but stayed in front. After that, I ran harder for the next ten laps, averaging in the mid-1:27's with a full fuel load (90 litres). By that point, I had a very comfortable lead, and I eased off to mid-1:28 pace to conserve tires and fuel. About lap 14 or so, I started lapping Club cars. Everyone was really respectful, and gave me room to go by.:thumb: I tried to be really careful to give them space, and to let them know I was coming by following through a corner or two before passing, unless I had a clear shot on a straight. Around lap 16 or so, the field really started to shrink, and there was steady attrition to the end. We started with 11, and we finished with 4, and only 2 were running, Yves and myself. In some ways, it does not seem like much of a win to only beat one other driver in a much inferior car.:frown: That said, I am proud of lasting for the full hour, and running a fast and careful race.:D I followed my game plan, and I drove within my abilities. In the end, I came away with my first online podium finish, and my first online win!:thumb:

Overall, a really great night! Thanks to Yves and the RD staff for setting this up! I had a blast, and I cannot wait to do this again. I doubt that I can beat the hard core folks with equal cars, but at least I can stay the course, even on a tough track, for a full enduro.:evil:

Thank s to all the gentlemen racers on track tonight, and I really look forward to the next event that I can run in!

Chris

In some ways, it does not seem like much of a win to only beat one other driver in a much inferior car.:frown: That said, I am proud of lasting for the full hour, and running a fast and careful race.:D I followed my game plan, and I drove within my abilities. In the end, I came away with my first online podium finish, and my first online win!

Hay its not your job or concern what other drivers turn up in and how they go about a 1 hour run m8,you turned up,done your qual,done your own race with some brain work applied to the job,and you come away winner,its as simple as that.
Well Done!!

Edit: Technically you beat 9 other drivers fair and square.

first of all thanks to everybody that was there and i had lots of fun and i love the Z4, bemmer all the way :pound:

qualif: hehehe i was the pole sitter of the club class but i didn't get to be in the 1:31 like i was aiming for :rolleyes:

race: starting 6th on the grid i knew the only way i could beat the pro class guy would be for them to not be on the track :pound: my start wasn't so bad but not as good as i wanted it so i lost a place but i was easely able to stay with the guy infront of me ( sorry don't remember who it was ) and put some pressure on him, at the third last corner i ran a bit wide and i was able to get along side him and take the club class lead under braking, from there i was able to start building a gab to only loose it a few laps later cause i spun under braking at turn 1 but no damage done. start to get back of the other 2 guy infront of me and i don't remember what happen but at some point i was back in the lead of the club class. from there it was just a question of making no mistake and take the car home. finished 2nd overall which was unexpected. :amen:

USA time zone event

usaeventph3.jpg

Welcome USA time some event.

This race is primarily aimed towards our members in the United-states, Canada, and South America so the race times are set for that zone. However, we welcome entrants from other timezones who would like to race at this time and help us to maximize our starting grid.
The only thing we ask is that priority be given to US/Canada and south american members since they often don't get the opportunity to race other events.

For this event, we will use the WTCC 07 cars and will use the Hockenheim track

Signups will close 1Hr before the Practice start time

Event details
Game: Race 07
Date: Tuesday October 7th 2008
Server: RACEDEPARTMENT USA
Car: WTCC 07
Skins: Custom skins allowed.
Circuit: Hockenheim 04 (click here)

Password: click here

Event schedule (GMT time)
Practice: 9:30 pm EST, 30 mins (Wednesday 1:30 GMT)
Qualifying: 10:00 pm EST, 30 mins (Wednesday 2:00 GMT)
Race: 10:30 pm EST (Wednesday 2:30 GMT)
Laps: 2 by 10 laps

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Weather: Dry
Failures: Normal
Start: Standing

Please use the following format for sign up:

Name on RD forum:
Name in game:
Your Country:
Car:
Special remarks:

Sign-up:

*** Prepared to step aside to make room for US/Canada members if needed.

1. Yves Larose - BMW E90 [skin]
2. Timothy Miller - Seat Cupra [skin]
3. Chris Buchanan - Chevrolet Lacetti
4. Marcel vd Aa - Seat Leon ***
5. William Yunck - Honda [skin]
6. Corey Theman - Honda [skin]
7. Gaynall Hudgins

Reserve

1. Luis Carlos - Seat Leon

Name on RD forum: Yves Larose
Name in game: Yves Larose
Your Country: Canada
Car: BMW E90
Special remarks: thats the skin i use for the one that doesn't already have it

Attachments

• foster's skin.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 147
  • foster.jpg
    foster.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 204
First time in Race 07's Cats 320 for me. Joined at the last minute of practice and had to learn the skating cat quickly. Managed to sneak into Top4 on Qual and had a good start in Race1.
In the first lap I lost concentration on braking and lost 4 places. Then I could settle for some laps when I slowly lost the right feeling.

Then on the hairpin someone decided a small nudge was not enough to sneak through. I was totally wrecked and still don't know why.
Decided I would not be part of the Race2 anymore and quit.

I guess I was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back