RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

What's the story about pit lane? Do we have to use limiters in qual? Cos I was passed after coming out of the pits by someone going like the clappers.

If we're allowed to hoon through the pits, then I'll do it to to keep the track in front of me clear, but otherwise, could I request that people don't speed in the pits.

The Racedepartment rules about pitlane speed is what you would expect. All drivers must observe pitlane speed limits. Those ignoring this rule and hooning in pitlane, risk penalty and having their membership downgraded.

first race was awsome was running behind Karoly Kajdy on 4th and tryed hard to catch him on some parts i was a lot faster as he
but on the other hand the parts i was not that fast he had a awsome speed so no way to realy catch him
made me a 4th in race 1 :)

2nd race there was trubble in the downhill hairpin i was able to avoid the spuned car and was right behind mike lee he god way better past the carnage
2 laps later i was crwaling in mikes rear and tryed a move on the chicane befor the old pitlane
that worked not out pretty well since i run out of taramac for braking i hitted mike realy bad in the inside i got stuck besides the track on the start finish line
not sure about mike but i think he got stuck too
sorry mate was realy not intenional :(

Had 2 great finishes (for me anyway :wink:) ...
R1 - 6th
R2 - 5th
(best finishes yet and I was still half asleep):peace:

Was rubbish in practise and qualy, just wasn't "there", but then managed to get it together a bit for the racing.

R1. Warren was breathing down my neck for a few laps, then I messed up and downshifted too far ... lost my run through the last uphill chicane and he went by.
He was lagging badly, so was nervous of getting too close and punting him off track (he is an admin after all ... EDIT: no, for some reason always thought you were :wink:).
Held it together for rest of race, then slowed on what I thought was last lap as I seemed to have cooked my tyres or sommat --- only to realise I had misread and still had one lap to go, with someone now right behind me :doh:
Managed to hold 'em off and bring home 6th :wink:

R2 . Literally as the lights went out my graphics driver crashed :shocked: ... I could hear the engine revving and still had ff, so just chucked myself off track to avoid any chaos (hope I missed everyone, couldn't do anything about it!!!)
When the graphics driver recovered, I was dead last, in the barrier and everyone had already disappeared around T1 :Cry:
Dug deep though and came back fighting hard in what felt like a Rossi-esque performance to bring home 5th (thanks Gunthar :p)

Great racing guys :thumb: ... had lots of fun and enjoyed getting a result for a change, maybe I should move down under :pound:

Geez, that was a wild ride, what a tricky and testing track. Great choice for MINI's though, I think. I was lucky enough to make it home in time to join the race, but no practice was going to make it a challenge, especially after I did a couple of test laps (er well tried a test lap or two but spent most of the time flying off track sideways).

Qualified in the middle of the pack somewhere and just concentrated on keeping it on track. This worked well as heaps of cars just kept sliding off track and letting me past. Finished P5 which was more than I expected.
Race 2 I tried to get smart and alter the setup. Bad move, I just made it more unstable. Managed to jump to second half way round lap 1 but slid onto the grass over the crest of the hill at the high speed chicane. The damn car just kept going over the hill and almost onto the track on the other side, lol. When I drove back over the hill to the track again, I was given an immediate Stop n Go ( the're bloody tough on these English tracks). After pitting to serve my penalty, I was pretty near last, but again lots of cars were coming to grief so I was able to gain some spots. Eventually finished P8.

Very tough race in the MINI but I had fun. I don't know how we had a full grid at sign up but only 19 in the race????

I only noticed the usual slight lag tonight, nothing too serious.

Great race, nice track for the Mini, I think, had a lot of fun!

Qualy: Finished with new PB, something which started with 1:35.xxx (close to 1:36), still 2 seconds more then the top

Race 1:Was for a couple of rounds behind Warren and Lee, not really gaining space but also not loosing, in front of Steve, same here. Till I went off in round 5 and Steve managed to pass to go off himseld in the chicane , so back to position for me :). Then I had Wally and David fighting behind me, more buys with themselves than wth me unitl Rd 6 where David managed to pass Wally, having him then in my neck pushing, till Rd 7, where he went of putting Neil into my neck. Until rd 8 where he overtook in the chicane, cutting little bit my road, giving Terry enough space to overtake as well. But guess, that's a normal race situation. Bringing again David into my neck. Had a nice door-to-door fight on the fast left-right after the finish line, in which I managed to keep position (hopefully everything fair, if not pl. tell me). He nearly got me in the downhill chicane, where unfortunatelly Terry was in his way, guess that was David's race end. Went off in rd 10 in the downhill chicane which did not a favour to my tires, again in rd 11, but finished the race on 11.

Race 2: Went off a little bit in the first turn loosing a couple of positions (am a bad starter as well). First time downhill chicane had Ben behind me, thought no point fighting, gave you little bit space to pass :), which put Günthar in my neck, being faster than me, but not fast enough to overtake :becky:, until I went off track! Then I had Ben and Lee behind me till I flew into the pit lane in rd 3 :pound: (no, did not want to go there, guess I killed the camera man standing there).
Got so angry that I oversaw the red light which gave me a Stop & Go, luckily I did not disturb Warren (sorry if I did!!!). There was still somebody behind me (Steve), a couple of sec, Warren in front of me (20 secs), which was the situation till the end, even though I went off track at least once. Finished 10th.

I'm not usually a big fan of the mini's but, it was great fun throwing them around this track.

Qual - Ben and I had another good battle in qualifying which he ended up winning, beating me by about 0.04 of a second. So I started 2nd on the grid.

Race 1 - Got a good jump and managed to take p1 from Ben off the start line. From then on it was just a matter of trying not to pitch it off into the scenery, and keep a good gap to the guys behind.

Race 2 - Started 8th and again got a good jump past Ben off the line. Someone spun off the fast right/left and I came out of the ensuing melee in second place behind Neil. Spent a lap or two behind Neil trying to find a way past when he went onto the grass off the fast right/left and I took the lead. After that I just tried to be consistent and finished the race without mowing the lawn.

Well done to Karoly and Ben who tied on points for second place.

Lastly. The speeding in pit lane was me. I wasn't aware that there was a rule about using the limiter in pit lane. In future I will make sure to use it.

• Neil Gardner

Neil i just watched the replay i'm sorry.
I race on the swingman camera view and I thought i was cleanly down the inside but i obviously wasn't I only had my front end down the inside. soz about this.

That's cool... I have no issue with racing incidents at all... I race exclusively on cockpit view so I couldn't see you at the point of impact, but I knew I had the line so I was surprised to get the tap.

But it was the last lap so it wasn't costly.

Great drive from the top 3 finishers in race 2 especially - I had a good lead and they just relentless mowed me down and I kept making little errors. It's being able to string together 12 laps without a mistake that makes the difference.

Cheers - N

• Neil Gardner

[snip]Lastly. The speeding in pit lane was me. I wasn't aware that there was a rule about using the limiter in pit lane. In future I will make sure to use it.

First, congrats on the wins - Awesome racing... I just can't always keep it together when someone faster is coming up behind me :-(

And about the pit lane speeding? You certainly weren't the only one that forgot where the limiter button was :)

Cheers - N

I knew the bug pits, still sorry but I thought of having put autopit well on off, after the race went to check but that was in ON position :mad2:, how to lose a race here stupidly and sorry if I have gene in entered of the pits but I thought qu while thus remaining with more gasoline my pit crew will come to be pushed, option which exists in the PLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%