RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

You'll want a few minutes practise on this track or else you'll lose the front bumper on the last corner...

Also, the high speed chicane will fling you into the middle of next week if you get it wrong.

It's fun when you sort out the bitey bits though. Still haven't even't gotten close to getting into the 1:34s though :-(

Cheers - N

i got my time down to 1:33.553 in time attack, i have uploaded it in game.

still a few tenths to be found though, i was 4tenths up on that time @split 2 but clipped the bank at Hall bends :Cry:

• Neil Gardner

What's the story about pit lane? Do we have to use limiters in qual? Cos I was passed after coming out of the pits by someone going like the clappers.

If we're allowed to hoon through the pits, then I'll do it to to keep the track in front of me clear, but otherwise, could I request that people don't speed in the pits.

Cheers - N

• Chris Rodgers

Name on RD forum: Chris Rodgers
Name in game: Might still be reaver but will try to remember to change to Chris Rodgers
Your Country: NZ
Control: MOMO

Not a great debut with you guys sorry - thought I knew the track so didn't worry that I hadn't practiced, then discovered I didn't know the track after all so was miles off the pace (would typically be similar or not far off Neil Gardner's times based on our respective qual efforts in the WTCCs). Then in the race I had the worst lag I've ever struck - cars would regularly freeze until I'd driven through them...let the field go so I wouldn't drill a spun car I was ignoring as lag, but then exactly that happened on lap 5ish anyway, so sorry to whoever that was :$

Chugged around with some damage after that, but quit out when the leaders caught me so as not to cause an accident as they would appear and disappear from my mirrors ... would be interested to know if any other kiwis were experiencing similar problems? Ran some Evo last night on Gunthar's server and it was perfect, not even a stutter...

Anyway, will hope for better luck next time, although it won't be for the next two or three Sundays as I'm town of town for work...

Hi,

Race 1: Didn't complete a lap and found a black hole after crashing

Race 2: Was a bit better, didn't finish that race either, I was having a problem accelerating, I was in 1st after a crash and it just rev'ed, so went in for pitstop and after stop it was still rev'ing and wasn't picking up speed so I retired.

Thanks to RaceDepartment for setting today up :)

Had a good race event.
Qualified on pole and got 2nd in the first race and third in the 2nd race.
Got MASSIVE LAG IN THE 2nd race.

One other thing why do people leave after the first race there are two races?

Edit:what happened to the 25 driver grid?
I think we only had 18 cars

What's the story about pit lane? Do we have to use limiters in qual? Cos I was passed after coming out of the pits by someone going like the clappers.

If we're allowed to hoon through the pits, then I'll do it to to keep the track in front of me clear, but otherwise, could I request that people don't speed in the pits.

Cheers - N
There is an RD rule somewhere that says always use the pit limiter in pit lane.

• Neil Gardner

Hi all...
Race 1 started well and I was going nicely until I had brain fade and forgot to take a corner and spent the next 20 seconds sliding on grass... Eventually clawed my way back up to 8th and got a point... That also gave me pole for the second race :)

Race 2 - I got eaten off the line like I always do and just tried to stay clean for the first few corners. Not everyone did though and I raced through a small altercation to grab the lead.

I proceeded to circulate pretty well, but a couple of small mistakes let people through.... I was on for 3rd, against a gaining Ben T, but in my opinion (and having looked at the replay a few times), he pulled off a very bad passing attempt on the last lap and tapped me off.

Ben, I know you think you had the inside line, but I was clearly in front, you hit the back half of my car, and I was on the proper line for the corner - you were on some imaginary inside line that was only going to work with a car to bounce off of.

Sorry, but that was a bad move and I think you should have waited.

I don't dispute you had faster lap times than me - but you need to pass cleanly, and that wasn't even approximately clean.

Please have a look at the reply and consider the normal racing line for that corner and who was well in front at time of contact.

Fortunately it was the last lap so it didn't cost me any more than the one spot - it did trash my suspension so I would have been screwed if there were more laps.

Despite that bad finish, I loved both races - the Minis are fun in an angry bee sort of way :)

Cheers - N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years