RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Darren Gardner

Well qual p5 done 4 laps of the race and crashed to desktop, about 2 min later it all came back with me head on into a wall. I thne pitted and after 45 seconds in the pits i got lapped and just gave up.

Hope u all had a good race.

I had a lot of fun. Some nice fights going on which I always love it when I get wheel to wheel action. Made a nice start, but started to drift back through the pack after about 15 minutes. Still managed to finish 8th though, so I suppose
I got some points :)

Quali: 2nd

Race: 3rd

For most part was fun but got off the line well to late which soon became my slowest ever standing start. then had my cat jumping on me annoying me, then when I had some time to put my head down and try and stay with Gary and Greg my bro starts nudging me the idiot (did it about 6 times in the race) :mad2: either way couldn't get into my proper ryhtem all race and was driving a bit slower then I could and also had a fuel tank of gas, but was still good fun and was a good battle up front between Greg and Gary. Went 2 wide going into corkscrew couple of times, once with Gary on lap 1 but backed off, then with Truls later on in race, was on inside Truls on outside, then seen Truls spin under braking? (Don't think we touched?) I doubt either time we would of made it 2 wide going through the corkscrew though.

Well done to all finishes.

lol
note to self
if nobody can reach your time.........don't race
you will loose the race by boredom :)

that is exactly what happened
i was tonight to fast with the mini......waaaay to fast
and i've got bored..
and in my mind i said...hey...why don't i pit halfway just to change tires and make it interesting...

buzzzz.....wrooong
it did make it interesting.....because i've put slicks instead of wet :)........so i had to pit 2 times....used all my fuel because of wheel spin....and had to pit again with 4 min to go for 4 liters, because fuel won't make it....
haaha

it was fun watching me come back.....but next time hopefully i won't be or to fast or make to many mistakes :)

anyway...hope you guys like this qualify time :)
because i can still squeeze .2 sec

Attachments

• Race_Steam 2008-10-03 22-33-05-84.jpg
    Race_Steam 2008-10-03 22-33-05-84.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 236
wow loved it, had some great fights, kicking myself for watching back markers in front of me to much and missing my braking points :embarassed: but had no major incidents and had a great scrap with lee at the end.
thnx all :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Qual: 4th Finish: 2nd

Quite pleased with second row start,especially after feeling how good my car was going to be after a practice lap :wink:,front two rows got away almost in unison,a bit of 2 wide action at T1 was sweet without so much as a scrape of paint,from past experience i knew to make good early as tyres would come in to play later on,really enjoyed working some good passes on Truls and Damien and then getting to grips with closing in Gregory if possible,on the fast left after the corkscrew Greg got completely sideways,i was sure we were about to have a bad incident,but my iRacing safety rating mentality kicked in and i took drastic crash avoiding measures,it worked very well with a mere glance to Gregs car as i avoided,we both survived and our hard worked gap back to 3rd and 4th places suffered very little :D.
So now in the lead i tried in vain to build a gap,the odd lap or 2 here and there i would manage to break away a small bit,but Greg soon hauled it back,i enjoyed the lead for what felt like a long time,then a very small mistake going a touch wide and Greg had his lead back with no hesitation,i tried to hang on but each lap it was getting more difficult the slow up and make the turns,one small off track moment with 8 mins to go was the deciding factor to chill out and make the finish in 2nd,very strangely starting the final lap the gap of what was 8secs suddenly started to drop wildly and there was Greg just ahead now,wiggling his car from side to side!,is it fuel??,is he checking damages just done??,i pushed to try and steal a win,but he did have fuel and the pace to finish in a very deserved 1st place,i was still happy with 2nd,maybe Greg just playing with me for a close finish for the soaked fans there? :p.
Gratso Greg and well done Damian,who seems to becoming a serial podium monkey early in his RD career! :thumb:.
Well done everyone who finished such a tough challenge,and thanks to all very very kind blue flag guys.
Another cracking Mini night Andy m8,i think there would be riots around here if you stopped organising these highly popluar events, So Dont Stop! :).

Server 2.

First time at Laguna Seca and first time with mini in wet conditions.

Qualy: P11. Not too bad.

In race, I started quietly and lose 3 positions. Then I start to push a bit, and got P8 or P9,
But around minute 22, when I was turning last curve, my screen got frozen :rant:and lost about 30 seconds.

Just 1 mistake, about 15 seconds, and some loses of time when overlapped.
But the car crossed the finish line in P9.

And with my right arm hurt cause a fall yesterday...

But had a lot of fun, and enjoy very much to race with those guys :thumb:

• Andrew Evans

lots-o-fun!

smashed my pb in qually to set a 49.1 - for me, that's stunning! was feeling funky for the start... lights went out, then it went kinda downhill, literally...

on the approach to t1, got a load of fps judder, clipped the gravel as a result and speared hard left across the field... was expecting to ruin at least three races there and then... but miraculously collected no-one... punctured front right... arses!

limped round, got some new wets and settled in between 5th and 6th for the first 30 minutes... albeit i was 17th and totally last!

about halfway, had fun little moment going three abreast into the brow of the hill at the corkscrew with sebastien and gaëtan - and we all made it through cleanly - quality driving fellas!

following that i managed to slowly edge away from sebastien and do a really crappy job of trying to catch kris... :D

slapped in 38 laps of fuel for the race, thinking i'd just grab some new tyres if need be... crossed the line with 0.43L left and a spluttering engine... :becky: and managed to grab a cheeky 12th from grant as he coasted to a halt at the corkscrew on the last lap... unlucky matey!

two pics for ya... firstly, laurance has no idea how close it was to tears before bedtime at the start:

laguna1.jpg

and here's the three of us heading for the brow of the hill:

laguna2.jpg

good stuff, chaps - more next week!

Server 2:

Qualy: Drove a 1:46:6 :D :) and that was p3 :thumb: Chris with a unbelievable lap 1:46:1 :shocked:

Race: Started from p2, because Daniel Juncadella diconnected :(. Had a relly bad start and lost 2 positions. Had my gears set wrong cause of qualy and so the first gear was to long :doh:. Then Chris, Simon and Andreas in front of me. Then Andreas with a mistake and I was behind Simon. Also Simon then with a little mistake wich alowed me to pas. Simon then tryed to regain position, but I was able to defend :D. Chris was then already 6 sec away from me and I had a bit problems to find my rhythm. A few little mistakes also. 1:47:8 was then my best time in race. Chris was driving like an Alien from a other planet :alien: lol. He pulled away from me 18sec. No change to get his pace. Was a bit disappointed :pound: . But then on the half of the race suddenly I saw Chris standing in pits, and so I was on p1 :p. Behind me Simon 10sec. I was able to drive constand laptimes, car feld really good. Then a few lapped cars in the way lol. One standing wrong directon on track the other coming back on track from gravel. :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: Shocked me really lol. Also the last 10min my car fealed really good and no problems with tyres, was there about 1,5-2sec away from my best time in race. Was then a bit scared if my fuel is enough :rolleyes:. At the end 4liters left :thumb:. Finally I drove my baby home on P1 :D.
Victory for team F.E.A.R :thumb: hehe :D
see you all next event :wink:

I need some sleep now ...

Strategy went to pot (tried for "steady away" and "no pit") ... but I was absolutely bushed tonight, so went backwards like a stone, and a bit erratic at times (sorry chaps!) :doh:

Scrapped my way round from flag to flag holding on for grim death ... rubbish start led to me being back-footed from there on in.
After some serious attention early on from Gregrory and David, my tyres were all over the place.

Lost it quite badly up the hill in the left hand kink (changed down too many gears :doh:), but kicking and screaming at full opposite lock and spinning at full throttle, my front tyres held on to the tarmac and managed to drag my rear ones back out of the gravel without losing it completely ... Unfortunately for Gregory he was up my chuff, and came off worse than I from that one ... sorry dude - wasn't much I could do I am afraid.

Had some interesting times attempting to keep it together and stay somewhere in touch with the two Lemon boys, but with some serious attention now coming from Neil behind whose tyres were definitely holding a line better than mine at that point, I was again on the defense ...

Managed to hold him off for a while, but then Neil's Rossi-esque overtaking attempt nearly ended it for me on the left hander after the corkscew. Luckily managed to keep it away from the wall and like a good RD racer, Neil had waited to let me back past so that we could commence battle once more - thanks :thumb:

From there on in it was a right royal scrap with some seriously hard racing ... enough to say that I now have a Scottish flag to remove from my mini :)

Nice one Neil and all with whome I duked it out, good fair racing ... and of course thanks to Andrew and RD for setting this up ... :thumb:

Only picked up the car & track 1 hour before the race and managed to get a 1.50.9, then in practice managed to get down to a 1.47.9.
For quali I got a magical lap and got a 1.47.9 giving me 4th on the grid but Daniel dropped out in warmup giving me 3rd.

Start of the race I think I got the grip levels perfect and from row 2 was side by side with Christopher who started 1st into T1. Didn't think too much of it and decided more to follow but came under pressure from Andreas & Daniel P, and fell back to 4th. Andreas then seemed to lag giving me 3rd back.
By this time I had Yves on my tail who I held behind for many laps until I lost it off the corkscrew dropping 4 seconds. With 15 minutes to go I had closed to about 1 second to Yves who I guess got the fuel calculation wrong and based it on the game prediction. Now I was 2nd with Christopher's fiasco with him closing fast on fresh tyres until the final fuel pit (game prediction?) during the last laps I was on pace with Daniel but earlier mistakes meant I was 18 seconds behind, but was happy with 2nd after 60 minutes.

Grats Daniel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years