RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Got a good start held 4th into T1, then BAM, got a hefty smack by Mark B which put me into the wall, broken suspension and dead last. Didn't notice if you said sorry coz I was too busy turning the air blue on TS. Having reviewed the replay it was a bit of wreckless move IMHO, but, that'll be the end the matter.
I am really sorry for that, I apologised at the end of the race, but there was a lot of chatter. At first I thought you turned in one me, but thinking of it now, it was my own foolish mistake, I was looking for room that wasn't there. I am very sorry, it was my biggest mistake since I've joined RD. I hope you can accept my apology, what's done is done.

Hey, at least you got revenge in me in Race 2 :)

Yes, again Warren, I apologize for even putting us in that position. Your pictures show much more contact than my demos do (I see daylight between the cars the whole time, where as your pictures show my car embedded in yours :( ). It doesn't help us change the result of last night sadly, but hopefully I can avoid similar incidents in the future by knowing what to expect from the game. For what it's worth I tossed up the scenario from my POV.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mr2gEiLv98&feature=channel_page[/ame]

In a similar note, here is the incident I mentioned that I had with Cam on the last lap in the same turn. Should I have handled this differently or was this just a racing incident? I am open to critiquing obviously, so don't worry about hurting my feelings :) I just want to continue improving.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE7XuYMYH1c&feature=channel_page[/ame]

Tough evening...

Race 1
Without much practice on this track, qualified at the back. Start was ok, got hit from behind at the end of first lap (watching replay, clearly race incident, great RD spirit by Bob) . Got to pit with damaged aero and suspension. After that, I just focused on doing steady laps to finish the race. Fun track.

Race 2
12th on the grid, managed an ok start, some cars got piled in front of me early on but managed to pull trough. Good fight with Rafael Barbosa who I felt breathing on my neck for 2 laps. Did a slight mistake and there he was on my inside, I touched him just a bit on the exit thinking he was already passed, I just hope/think his car was ok. I was happy to put steady laps in the high 57 or low 58. Now we get to the point where I really need to have my brain working: had fuel for 8 laps but "forgot" to pit in... Ran out. Bouuuuhh. Watching replay, I think I could have done something like 7th. Gotta keep on learnin'

Great fun anyway with you guys.

• Ian Landry

Hey guys, I might enter. A few questions though:

1- You mention the start time is at 9:00 PM eastern. Does that mean that practice is at 9:00, Qualy at 9:30 and race at 10:00?

2- As mentioned in another thread, I have no time at all for racing these days, and I don't know this track at all. Can someone fix me up with a good base set-up for me to start with (that's always the killer for me with these add-on tracks)? Otherwise I'll never be ready in time for Tuesday night...

If the answer is yes to both, then sign me up please!

Ian

the first step is to sign up for it by posting you want in then follow those instructions.

first you need to get the password, if you look at the sign up thread, in the first post where all the infos for the event are you will see " Note ", there is a link beside it click on it and that will lead you to the password. after that you open steam and start GTR-Evo and go in multiplayer and then online, to make it easier you now go in filter and in the box you type " racedepartment " after you click on go back, now you will only see the racedepartment server and choose the right one and join it, when asked for the password you type the one you got and now you'll be able to race.

hope it help

how do i get in this race mate

My first races in RD were FUN!

Race1: Qualy 9th, to my surprise, expected to be last...
Finished 8th
I've noticed that i'm a good starter and kept my position well until Bob tapped me twice in the back and i spinned. Had to come back to track at the second to last, Bob was a gentleman and dropped back :highfive: Had a struggle to get past Stephane and tapped him couple of times. I'm sorry for that but we had totally different lines and braking points. Got eventually past him on lap 3 and started to catch up. Gained a few positions when others ran out of track and at last lap, ran out of fuel. So did i, had to do the last lap with 1 litre, could only use gas on uphills and cruised downhills on neutral :laugh2:. My car stopped 50 meters from the finishing line..

Race2: Qualy 14th, DNF
Don't have a replay cause my game and i crashed.. Had a good start once again but ran out and had a flat tire.

Race3 Qualy 8th, DNF
Again a good start but ran at the "champion cone" curve out. I noticed that everybody else who ran wide had quitted so i just drove as a practice and found myself at the wrong side of fence. :chuck:

Really fun and i'm glad that i did manage to drive according the rules. I was afraid that too much competing in puplic servers (AKA The Wreckfests) and against AI have destroyed the gentleman inside. Thanks for everybody and see you at RDMCC Saturday

Eric,

Monza type of fast, or fast curves with lots of aero type of fast?

Sign me up, I'll give it a shot.

Ian

Sweet track, very technical in places. Long fast sweeping curves, lot's of up and downhill sections, tough chicane, and the Eau Rouge(nasty downhill/uphill turn to the right with a big bump in the middle section!). What's not to love. One of my all time favorite tracks.

It's gonna be a blast!

well, just a few of us... Sam did join but still recovering and had to leave during quali (get well soon bud!) he missed my near pole postion where i hopped from 4 of 5 to p1 by 0.043. Adrian put an end to that though and popped out again restoring his pole position by .124. all four starters though were very close.

race1. well... all under control so i took a drink... and swiftly went out of control.... dropped from 2 to 3. fought back up to 2 then back to 3. Mark and i had a few incidents (all our own doing) and it was seeming at one point that neither of us wanted the 2nd place. crossed in 3rd though. very happy with the alphas handling.

race2. better. starting 2nd again made a clean get away to be 1st at T1. pulled a gap then snatched a brake with adrian following me handing him first. snatched same brake later at same point later handing 2nd to Jim. fought back though and got to 2nd. penultimate lap got a great tow down straight and thought was going to pip adrian to t1 for last lap but my caution got the better of me. felt if i stayed close on this lap though could get the tow again, especially if i put pressure on adrian to make a similar error in last few corners. unfortunatley not to be and crossed in p2 0.201 behind him.... i should have painted the line further away :)

overall great racing from the few that turned up, just a shame not many others around to join the fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 307 27.6%