RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

firsly this was my first in a RWD car and it was interesting to say the least .
i was happy with quali but race one was a shocker ,heh ,loaded the wrong setup ,the car was a real handful to drive ,had enough fuel to do 2 races ,but never mind it was interesting .second race was a little better with the right setup (for me )this time and was able to settle into some sort of rhythm .had fun once again ,teamspeak was entaining with Cam ,Bob ,Rhys,Bryan and myself .thanks to the organisers and fellow competitors for the event .
regards
olly

Qual: Went ok, started mid-pack

race 1: Started off reasonable, with the expected push of the bmw's behind me. Final turn of lap 1 I was trying hard not to tap Warren as he broke a little earlier than I expected. As he said, he chose to go inside to try and avoid him, but apparently the game registered it as a hit. I never felt anything, but I pulled over and let him by (I checked the demo, there is air between the cars, but Warren's car shot off as if there was contact) Again, sorry regardless whether there was a hit or not, I was out of position. Took an early pit to try and make a late run, was able to make up some ground and finish P8.

race 2: Started at pole, but was immediately overtaken by Sean's BMS. He was driving with a crazed look in his eye and I was mezmerized :) He came in way too hot going into turn 2 and instead of staying the course, I watched him and ended up following him into the sand :( Put me back into mid-pack again. Luckily for me several people also had some off-road excursions in the first couple laps and I settled in P5 behind Cam. Spent the rest of the race chasing down Cam. We were within a second for the better part of the race, and on the last lap he had a bobble in the penultimate corner. I wasn't sure if he was going to save it so I ducked to the inside for the final turn - I thought I had drawn even to him heading into the apex. We had some contact and he seemed to have more violent of an impact than there should have been. Apparently I just had no luck with the Aussies in that turn as I had contact with both Cam and Warren there, I'm thinking that maybe latency differences played a part as neither seemed as close as the replays show they were. Finished P4.

Good races and a good turnout. Glad these STCC events are staying strong.

... but apparently the game registered it as a hit. I never felt anything, but I pulled over and let him by (I checked the demo, there is air between the cars, but Warren's car shot off as if there was contact) Again, sorry regardless whether there was a hit or not, I was out of position.

Corey, just to give you another perspective, here are a couple of screenshots from my replay. There is clearly a hit and no air between us.

Valer1.jpg

Valer2.jpg

Apparently I just had no luck with the Aussies in that turn as I had contact with both Cam and Warren there, I'm thinking that maybe latency differences played a part as neither seemed as close as the replays show they were.

We can all reduce the "luck" in these incidents by taking a tad more care and allowing a fraction more room between cars, especially in the opening laps. We should all expect a little latency in on-line racing, I know I always allow a little room to ensure no contact. About 80% of all incidents are usually caused by drivers making overly aggressive moves by diving into the tiniest gap inside corners, or even cutting through the corner to make an ambitious pass. In the end, it usualy results in grief for both cars, as you ruined your own race as well.

Not having a go at you, I'm just trying to emphasise some lessons in these situations.

EDIT: Probably my biggest disappointment with Race 07 is the excessive reaction from very small hits, often much more than you would expect. I can't say that it works fully, but has everyone seen Gunthar's reccomended mod to the .plr file:

http://forum.racedepartment.com/gtr...vo-online-racing-improvements-bonespring.html

I am using it, so it doesn't have any negative effect.

Race 1:
- I was doing so well, but then...please read my #95 post...
i will punish my mother later. :sinister: I'm kidding, love you mom. :love2:

Race 2:
- First time for me at Le Mas du Clo, qualified 11th.
First lap at the very fast left-right-left sequence, to avoid hitting the car
in front, i spun into a tyre barrier and got damaged suspension. :doh: Last position.
Turning left (fast corners) was a nightmare from then, somehow i managed to finished in top 10. :noidea:

Race 3:
- We were so few there. :tsk:
Anyway, for me was top fun fighting with Hansi (great driving mate) :yo:
Swaping positions and side by side driving and bumper to bumper action,
untill the chekered flag. Top clean and fun race. :good:

Congrats for your pace (again) :clap2: Gary
and to all podium finishers. Well done all.

Excellent track choices Andrew. I really enjoyed the 3 races format,
with short practice and qualify sessions and no warmup. :good:

Cheers

What a good night of mini racing that was. I agree with Gary and Lee on the format, three tracks of fun is hugely enjoyable, but I also love the enduro format as it makes you take a different approach to the race. Here's hoping we can keep both. :good:

SERVER 1

RACE 1 - Charade - Quali

New track for me, as I missed the previous outing here. Had a fairly good practice and found a half decent setup so was confident for quali. In the end I finished up in P4 behind Kieran, Dietmar, and Bob, who was absolutely flying.

Race - Got a good start held 4th into T1, then BAM, got a hefty smack by Mark B which put me into the wall, broken suspension and dead last. Didn't notice if you said sorry coz I was too busy turning the air blue on TS. Having reviewed the replay it was a bit of wreckless move IMHO, but, that'll be the end the matter.

Carried on dead last until I caught up with Matt Crouch and Dave Buxton and had a great few laps until I managed to get past and tried to close down the gap in front to Neil but I ran out of time.

Finished 12th

RACE 2 - Le Mas Du Clos - Quali

Tried a multitude of setups from the last event held here but just couldn't find the same form. Then out of the blue a nice quick lap which initially took pole for a while, ultimately leaving me in P3 for the race :good:

Race - Got an absolute flyer from the start nicked it up the inside of Dietmar just before T1 and had a real good line round the corner. Matt Crouch kept me under pressure for 3 laps before he lost it in the fast esses, then Mark Birney started to close the gap a little and I had to take a few deep breaths to regain my composure, I was in the lead and looking good for a win. The gap to Mark increased slightly and I was able to put in a good few laps to gain my maiden RD win :first:

RACE 3 - Limerock Mountain - Quali

For one reason or another, I only done 1 lap in quali, probably because I was too busy chatting on TS with Ben and Dave:rotfl: started 14th BEHIND Dave. Bob again was on fire with a tremendous 1.50.6 :good:

Race - Again a good start and able to take quite a few places and ending up P7 after the first lap. Had a good few laps trying to reel in the battling Andrew,Laurence,Kieran and Mark. Managed to get within 1.6 secs of them but then over cooked T1 and the gap increased to 6 seconds and put me back into reach of Nuno. Had some good back and forth racing with Nuno, then managed to pull out a little gap and was laughing heartily when I saw Andrew clip the "Cone of Champions" and barrel rolled it into the air :rotfl:

Was now running in 5th unable to make any progress on catching Laurence, Kieran or Mark and on the last lap ran wide in the fast downhill series of turns and saw Dietmar closing fast as we approached the hairpin. I didn't have the tyres for it and Dietmar cruised up the inside and nicked P5. Finished in P6 and happy that I had completed all 3 races. :good:

Congrats to all podiums and especially Bob and Kieran.

Bob for some outstanding pace and Kieran for podiums in all 3 races.

As always a good nights racing and thanks to Andrew for setting it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%