RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Yeah a disappointing race. This track is a joy to run on - I love these flowing tracks. I didn't get a chance to practice and finally got comfortable by the end of practice, so I was excited for the race even though there were only 5 drivers. First lap started off well, we were all very close until we came to the start/finish line. I was in P4 trailing the rest of the guys when all of a sudden I saw Eric and Pierre shoot off to either side of the straight and Gregory's car was stopped dead in the middle of the straight. I tried to avoid him at the last second but ended up clipping him, ending my race with catastrophic damage on the first lap. Sorry guys, really thought we would be in for a good battle. Hopefully we get more people for the weekday races (other than Tuesday which is always strong) and can run this great track again soon.

51922WTCC_Extreme_flyer.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM US
Class: WTCC Extreme
Track: Jarama-GP
Weather: Dry
Practice: 21:00 PST ( 0:00 EST) 4:00 GMT 30 minutes
Qualification: 21:30 PST 30 minutes
Race: 22:00 PST 2x12 laps
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Entrylist:
  1. Adrian Lazarescu
  2. Jim McGhee
  3. Dean Grom
  4. Keith Peppiatt
  5. Mark Guy
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
Reserve:
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver

Quite a boring race, only 5 drivers at start, crash in lap 1 so we lost 2 drivers then Bob had to leave i guess so from lap 3 to the end we just kept rolling Eric and i.
Hope to have another one next Thursday same time with a 10-15 drivers grid.
Thanks for the server.
By the way the session was not laggy at all.

Pierre I wanted to make this race, and usually will make thursday events. Just last night was completely beat.

Thursday events will gain some momentum.

Dateline MUGELLO:

Davey: Davey Donuts here with you folks for a quick recap of the US world motor racing league's latest event. This club is apparently open to anyone who loves motor racing. But you have to be wealthy and upwardly mobile to participate! Yesterdays action was in Istanbul Turkey and today we report from MUGELLO GP in the Tuscan Hills of Italy.

MUgello is a world class motor racing circuit as evidenced by the presence of Formula 1 here. Our league competitors took to the track in various sedans for the practice qualifying sessions. The early sessions saw some interesting action for sure. To expand on this race day we brought in a guest analyst and series driver Eric Nelson. Welcome Eric how did it go ut there today?

Eric: Thanks Davey great to be up here in the booth with you. You know this is a fun series and the other drivers really are great guys to race with day to day. The usual suspects made an appearance in their 07 WTCC cars. Gerard Degreef ( last second entry again)was in his Seat, Corey T and Bob Lunacy:rotfl: in their Accords, Pierre Higgins in his Chevy lacetti. I chose to start in the Bimmer but was appallingly slow in it and went to the trailer during the qualifying session to my ever so sexy ALFA.

Man this car is not exactly cool but it is very drivable right out of the box! The team did their best to work out a blended setup for qualy and race. While Gerard took pole I managed to get my car into P4. we were 3 seconds quicker in this car vs. the bimmer!

So the grid for the race was in this order. POle was Gerard! then Pierre, Corey myself and BOB!

davey:So how did the race go from your vantage point in the back Eric?

Eric: Well Davey the start was exceptional for everyone. From Gerard to Bob was only about a 2 second differential and looking like it would be a really great race. Then again it was 20 laps and almost 47 minutes long so alot had yet to happen. Well happen it did and tha was the beginning of lap 2. on the main straight gerards car suddenly appeared stopped inthe middle of the track! I freaked and hoped he was a ghost by the time I got there and in fact passed through him like a Taco Bell Burrito without the stink and Drama!

But it was not the same for Corey T. He got to Gerards car at terminal velocity and was instantly destroyed and DNF'd. What I can't figure out is how I went through him before Corey but he wrecked and I didn't? I guess those visits to Church on Sunday paid off then!:rotfl:

Bob managed to get through ok but then drove off the track a bit at T1 and never recovered pace to pierrre or myself adn eventually retired the car. So this left Pierre and me out there all alone seperated by 2-3 seconds for a bit before he left the track into the gravel trap in the trciky 4th gear left right esses and I assumed the lead. I promptly gave back much of my lead by going off track in the same lap in the big hairpin before the main straight. :hug-left: From then on Pierre drove very hard and managed to catch me on the main straight on lap 5. He got a good run on me out of the hairpin and I lifetd a bit to let him be clear into T1 and I get online from where I was. Well we both drove off the track together 1 car length apart and resumed the battle from there!

Davey: all this drama unfolding and you still have more than 30 minutes of racing to go! WOW I can hardly contain myself Eric!

Eric: I can see your not easily entertained Davey..........:sinister: We marched along for most of lap 6 within 5-7 car lengths. I noticed Pierre was very twitchy and a bit untidy during this lap whihc told me he was really pushing to get a bigger lead or the setup was not super comfortable for a 20 lapper and he went off in the big hairpin befroe the main straight. I assumed the lead from there.

ON lap 8 He left the track again giving me a good lead. I knew now he was really working pretty hard to keep pace while I had been able to turn some pretty stable laps and maintain position. this would be prophetic later. we were still turning laps in the low 3's at this point w/ 10 laps on the tires and full race distance of fuel in the tank.

thenhe also put together a really great lap and closed right up on my bumper and stayed there til on lap 11 and stayed there all through lap 12.

Around lap 13 we got the cal lfrom the pits that my tires were worn. Soo much for that no stop strategy! But I have poition on Pierre and he had gone for the no stop strategy I had found out from a pre race chat we had while eyeing the race groupies!:in-love: I could wait him out and see if he would pit or not.

Davey: Groupie Eric? um this is a family show ya know.

Eric: Sure thing davey but it's cable my man so we are a bit more liberal here? anyhow we both leave the track in the big hairpin again on L14 and the tires are really getting bad! ON L17 Pierre left the track again and that sealed it up. I had to just keep t onthe track the rest of the way and bring home the win.

Davey: Well Eric it sounds like it was a pretty good race despite the smaller field size!

Eric: It was actually a great race! That guy from canada can really put down a blistering lap when he needs to! Probably greaduated from that Yves Larose Motor racing academy held at the indoor kart track in quebec City! Team Mid Pack was happy to be here and feel that we are getting our house in order now. We always appreciate RACE DEPARTMENT USA putting these events together and wil continue to support the series when we can!

And BTW Davey have you seen Bonnie? I was hoping we could:kiss2:

Davey ( interupts eric) I think she mentioned something about an international restraining order or something like that.:wink2:

and that concludes another installment of our show! Until next time, may all your laps be quick and you aren't the apple of Eric's eye!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%