RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Ian Landry

I'll try to make it on time. No idea on the car as I never drove them. Any suggestion?

(my first post as a premium member!:clap:)

race-1 Qualify 2nd Finish 2nd

Race 2 Forgot to set fuel for race ran out in 2nd place could have pitted but decided not to.

Was very irritated by Sai's comment in the middle of qualification about people following the rule three wheels inside the white line. I was probably one of the people he was referring to. Distracted me to no end maybe others as well I don't know. I am not a cheater and will correct anything pointed out to me. But in the middle of qualification! By the way I did look at the replay of qualification and Sai broke the rule himself in qualification and several times in the beginning laps of the race when I was behind him. Look at the replay. Not cool! Sorry for not continuing to the last race probably for the best. Marty

• Sai Yip

It was discussed in practise session regarding two wheels inside the white line. I was just following the rules which the server had setup with. As much as I hate the rule myself, I had tried my best to obey it. I didn't check the replay but I was well focused in leaving atleast two wheel within the white line. Even if i did accidently crossed the line, I'm still pretty darn sure I was very close to it instead of simply ignored it.

I had been warned offically before regarding this issue and was told I might get my racing benefits takened away if not followed. I'm hoping you would understand my point of view.

I am happy you like our selection:)

Rhys since you are frequently racing with us feel free to voice your opinion on the North American forum:)
http://forum.racedepartment.com/us-...28-sundays-tentative-schedule.html#post200461

Ah... some of my favourite cars at one of my favourite tracks... a nice way to cap off 2008 for me, as I'll be going to Brisbane for Christmas the next day. :D

Please sign me up in the Alfa Eric, with this link to my personal skin: http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=13992

Oh, and in case any of you are still wondering, yes, the cars are make-believe. :wink2:

Thank you Eric, and Merry Christmas to all!! :thumb:

• Matt Alpeter

Some fantastic racing tonight!

Race 1: Qualified 4th. Fell in line in 4th during the first lap and began operation pass Yves. After 5 laps of riding his bumper I went for a pass down the front stretch but didn't have enough to pull it off and backed down. A missed brake point in T1 let me overtake him and was into 3rd. Tried to track down Marty, but he was too quick. Finished 3rd.

Race 2: Didn't do so well on this track. Qualified 7th. Off the line I was able to pass Willi and fell in line at T1 in 6th place. Was running well until I beefed the last corner and let Willi by. Had a couple good laps with a three way battle going on, then ran well with Warren for a few laps then the game decided to give me two warnings and a black flag instantly, so I pitted for that and wound up last.

Race 3: Qualified 4th. After about a lap the front 3 started pulling away a good bit and I was pretty much all by myself. Passed Yves in the dirt on T1 and cruised on in to a 3rd place finish.

This was a very tight field and some great racing took place...for all three races only .4-.8sec separated the last 5 or so cars..great stuff! Thanks again and see you Sunday!

• Matt Alpeter

Was very irritated by Sai's comment in the middle of qualification about people following the rule three wheels inside the white line. I was probably one of the people he was referring to. Distracted me to no end maybe others as well I don't know. I am not a cheater and will correct anything pointed out to me. But in the middle of qualification! By the way I did look at the replay of qualification and Sai broke the rule himself in qualification and several times in the beginning laps of the race when I was behind him. Look at the replay. Not cool! Sorry for not continuing to the last race probably for the best. Marty

Caught me too..blew a hot lap after I looked up. Never could regain that full concentration and gave up.

• Matt Alpeter

I'll try to make it on time. No idea on the car as I never drove them. Any suggestion?

(my first post as a premium member!:clap:)

My first race in these things was about a week ago at an incredibly fast track. These will blow you away at how fast they are..my suggestion? Be a man..full throttle baby! Also, grats on the club upgrade :)

• Sai Yip

I had just checked the valencia qualifying hotlap and I had barely crossed the line one T2exit which will not gain any advantage from it. I did not catch myself once as far as I've seen crossing the line on T1 entry in valencia which is most benefitial. My T1 apex speed was cut down from 145-148km down to 141-143km from following the rule. This is what I had found when I was testing the difference before the official event started.

to be honest, i'm not annoyed by others not following because they will gain advantage from it, but I'm annoyed because I was well warned not to break the rule and seeing others totally ignored it.

to strengthen my point, I'm not the type who cares about winning or blaming others for my own advantage. I did not even bother to qualify in race3 and start from the very back just to seek for the most fun from dogfights. I enjoyed my race3 the most out of the entire night.

Ok, just to put this to bed officially.

In all fairness to Sai, he had received a warning from a previous event for cutting, so his question about Valencia was fully understandable (especially since that spot is always unclear). The ruling given was clear enough, keep two wheels inside the white line, so at least everyone was clear where to draw the line.

I have checked the replays folllowing Marty's comment, and I confirm that Sai was clean at that spot during Qualy and also during the Race.
I am totally satisfied that Sai did not cut at that spot, others however did, so I guess I can understand Sai's second question to re confirm the rule.

No problem Sai, you were clean and you drove very well.

Valencia is a tough course to put rules to. The run outs are there for a reason in real life, and they get used in real life. There was a lot of chat about this before last seasons RDWTCC race at Valencia. It was determined it is ok to swing wide at turn one using a bit of the pit exit area. As a rule we try to keep 2 wheels on the tarmac in races and not let the other two off the curb into the green. Valencia is a track that I think this rule can be stretched a bit as I saw nearly everyone in qualy including myself get a little wide in spots. Mostly it is best to just keep track of yourself - If one doesn't put winning in front of being a clean and honest driver than there is no problem.

Now my report -
I didn't do so well as I thought i would tonight. I am super tired as our new baby doesn't seem to ever want to sleep. I had a great time though and set a PB in qualifing at Brands hatch and got my first ever pole, even though I lost it halfway through the first lap. Haha.
I had some fun little battles tonight especially the last race with Yves. I just wish a few more guys would show up.
Cheers and see you all next time.

Had a great night filled with nice and close racing...

Race1, this for me was the worst of the three. Qualied 7th and that on my "home" track...
And then i made a mistake causing me eat some gravel, then i was eighth and after that i was really struggling with the pug.
Not my kind of car.

Race2, switched to my favourite car, the C30 and was able to be way more competitive, qualied second row, had a decent start and managed to get up to 3rd place with Yves hot on my tail, we had an awesome battle going on.
Then Marty drove his car in the pits and suddenly i was second and that's where i finished.

Race3, still in the C30 but definitly not my favourite track, but still managed to qualy third.
At the start William had a real hard time coming off the line and i passed him in T1.
After that Yves was on my tail again and pushing hard, and then in T1 of the 3rd lap we touched lightly causing me to drift through T1.
Trully a white knuckle moment.
Then Sai was all over me, managed to keep him off for about 4 laps but then i overshooted the braking point of the last corner which allowed him to pass. Great fight Sai, hope to see more of that.
In the end i finished 2nd, which i am very pleased with.

Thnx guys for racing tonight.
Thnx to William and RD for setting it up.
Special thnx to Warren for resetting the server...

Quick race report from me.

I also wasn't in the best state for this race, had a bit of a health problem but raced home from physio to join. Sorry about any errors in the server setup, not sure why I thought it was a 2 race format. Anyway, managed to sort it before the event (just).

I had no time to practice so came into it with new cars and basically new tracks (although at least parts of the tracks were familiar :) ). I used the event to try out some of the STCC cars, and it was good to see some others doing the same. I quite liked the little Volvo, found the Audi to be very heavy and unresponsive (maybe needs a setup), and found the little Peugeot very slippery in the rear (again, maybe setup), but it is always fun to try new cars.

No problems with our crash in Race 1,Tim, I know you waited but I couldn't finish the lap, I totalled it into the wall.
Sorry for confusing you William in Race 3, I was happy to wait and follow you, but it cost you lots of time waiting for me to pass. Man, your first lap in that big Volvo was wayward though :laugh2:, all over the place like a true old Volvo driver. :laugh2::laugh2:

Sai I apoligize for my comments above as I looked closer at the replay You probably ran the cleanest lines in the race. I was uninformed (my fault)that the main area in question was the first turn because we were all were outside the lines in different areas of the track. I was mostly upset that the comment was made during qualification. I will correct things that are brought to my attention. I have learned something here and will apply it in the future. Sorry Marty

• Sai Yip

Sai I apoligize for my comments above as I looked closer at the replay You probably ran the cleanest lines in the race. I was uninformed (my fault)that the main area in question was the first turn because we were all were outside the lines in different areas of the track. I was mostly upset that the comment was made during qualification. I will correct things that are brought to my attention. I have learned something here and will apply it in the future. Sorry Marty

my apologies as well for stating such comment during qualification, which I understand is not acceptable. Also thank you for understanding my point of view and I will look forward in racing with you again in the future as you are a very quick driver!

it almost seems like i cause large/small problems everytime i race in RD haha, hopefully that will change as well in the future. But for tonight, thank you to RD for hosting such great event for tonight and I enjoyed every moment of it.

Freaking love those cars to bits and the track was awesome as well.

1st Race:
Qually was sick, the amount of grip in this session was unreal. I drove my normal lap thinking nothing special of it...till I hit the finish line and saw a 1.42.sumtin... I was like wtf ?

With the race I kept 1st position and had a hard time with gary chasing me.
I certainly was slower with braking and most likely uber carefull but Gary stayed behind and I managed to pull a gap in the end.
The this Patrick again showed he is a true master in the race...his race pace was unreal. Had the race taken 10 more laps he would have taken both me and Gary as our laptimes where getting slower at the end due to tyre abusement :D

2nd Race:
Started somewhere at 10th or so, knew I was faster then those ahead after a super start but then in lap 2 I was over enthousiastic and got on the inside of Lee in a corner where I probably should not have done so.
I was 60% to his left but he could have never know I was there so he turned in as usual and I then spun him.
We then had a swarm of Caterhams coming in which caused some chaos and in the mid of it I saw Lee doing a super trick, made me laugh so bad lol. He reversed it and then did a 180 and nearly got away with it as well hehehe. Most could pass him cept 1 car, the one of Craig.
I waited till all passed and then went back on the track at 14th place.
Made some fun the rest of the race drifting about and ended up on 3rd spot in the end. But as Lee stated before the finish I let him and another driver in a orange Caterham pass so I finished 5th.
The orange Caterham was one that got way to early off throttle before the hairpin turn and I nodged him but he could recover fast thankfully, nevertheless I gave him 4th anyway.

1 word for the Caterham 320 racing...MINT ! :dance2:

Top fun, top racing, top event. cheers everybody!

qualied much lower that expected, been hitting 44s regularly in offline practice so was feeling good. had a last minute change of heart to go with the safer setup and forgot to adjust the ratios resulting in essentially i 5 not 6 gear car and a disapointing 47 on the board.

first race
didnt get away well, neglected to do a few practice starts and paid the price. very slow away and losing as few positions although felt kid of glad that i did as i was well behind the T1 chaos and easily made the positions backas a result. things settled down and had a long hard clean and enjoyable fight with marty for much of the race. just got in touching distance to make a move in the left at the top of the hill. moved out to get the switch back but marty spun it and came out to a stand right in front of me. he got away before i did , chance lost. i had another good opportunity later entering the same complex but marty seemed to time verywisely his passing of the backmarker thus leaving me stuck there for a couple of turns. a back marker that turned into a downham seconds later as he flew accross me in the same turn marty did. slight graze didnt even break traction, no harm done ;). fought with lee and marty some more before comming home just behind lee after he displayed excellent blocking technique for my last gasped last corner attempt at a pass.

2nd race. finished up behind marty again after a poor start from pole. gave a slight nudge after the sweeping left hander heading down towards the chicane, both away clean with little time lost, it was the finest of margins that cought him, sorry marty.
one lap later comming into the same turn there were about 4 cars all infront together. something went in my wrist, pain, missed breaking points and a big slide into the side of patrick followed. sorry patrick and all those guys near there. bust up your tight racing. got about halfway round the next lap and called time on it my wrist and the pain being the deciding factor. off to get in looked at later, hopefully good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back