RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Chris Rodgers

That must have been the most boring race of my career.

It was just me and Gunthar, and I ended up winning. Not much more to say really. :smirk:

Hmm, is that a tumbleweed I see blowing past on that screenshot you posted? Looks like the RD server turned into a ghost town last night :skeleton: I was a bit frustrated when the server clicked over to the race ahead of time and locked me out, but it doesn't look like I missed much :p

• Sam Beason

Stayed the whole race, sadly for me my wheel re centered itself at the starting grid and it was completely off. I tried to unplug and replug it but that just rendered it useless. So at least I got to watch a few good racers run laps.

Thanks so much everyone for allowing me the extra 15 minutes to race in this event.

I ran my quali and luckily nailed pole.

In the race, was very scatter brained which led me to lose the lead early, and then hand over position after position. I started getting focused and was running 4th behind Lewis, when I heard a HUGE bang in the other room. My youngest cat took got caught on the cloth that was under the television, and pulled the TV right off and it smashed. Luckily when I got there I was able to unplug it and prevent any other damage.

Im still watching the race, and Michel is running well. I am hoping he can pull off the win. He deserves it.

Keith

Still watching the race here, and Michel Usal has run a near perfect race running qualifying laps in the last few laps of the race. Just finished now, and Id like to be the first to congratulate Michel on his win. Well done mate, you deserved it.

Well done to Chris Vick a late arriver for a clean run to a 2nd place, and Lewis for a well deserved 3rd. Also grats to all who ran to the finish.

Thanks for organizing Eric, and thanks for hosting RD.

Keith

stcc.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM US AU
Class: STCC
Track:Hockenheim short
Weather: Dry
Start Time: Saturday 1.00 GMT / Friday 9.00PM EST USA / Saturday 11.00am AEST AUS
Practice: 30mins
Qualification: 15mins - Superpole
Warmup: No
Race: 2x14 laps - One mandatory pit per race with 2 tire change.
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Entrylist:
We don't run an active entry list. Please leave a message if you want to drive.

Skins:
- http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=16495
- http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=17562

What a day! Was helping my daughter with a Wi-Fi problem and missed most of practice. Then, I blew my fast lap on superpole and came in over 2 sec slower than my PB.:disapointed: Qualified at the back, around 10th or so.

For the race, I hoped to set a good pace early, establish myself and then conserve fuel. I was looking for a no stop race, which looked hard to do. I setup a splash stop in case I needed it. I got a very good start (unusual for me), and there was some bumping in turns 1-2 which allowed me to slip through into 7th. I just ran good consistent careful laps, and slowly mishaps ahead of me moved me up the list. A few times faster guys came back up behind me, and I just let them go by without a fuss. No risks, and no mistakes! By mid race, I was in 3rd, with a 20 sec gap.:) I decided to short shift the rest of the race to see if I could go without a stop. I was very slowly losing ground to 4th place, but things looked very good for a podium. I was over 20 sec behind 2nd, so I just wanted to hold my spot. Then, around lap 22-24 or so, Lewis went in for a stop. I passed him in the pits, and managed to put 18 sec on him by the time he rejoined!:thumb: By then I had my average fuel usage down to 2.63, which should be low enough to make it without a stop!:laugh: I kept going, short shifting and watching the gap. Lewis was steadily closing, but too slow to catch me if I did not make a mistake or run out of fuel. I finished the race with 1.7L of fuel about 8 sec ahead of Lewis for 2nd place!:second: I am pumped!!:thumb:

I have been very frustrated with my performance over the last couple of months. I would qualify well, and start OK. I would be running in the top 8, and then get impatient or just not careful enough, and make a stupid mistake. I would spin or crash into nearly last place, and then slowly fight my way up towards the lower middle of the pack.:disapointed: I decided last week that my goal for the next few months is to always finish as high as I qualify. No impatience, and no stupid risks. Just good safe consistent driving. Boy did that pay off today!:) My first race after the resolution, and the race came right to me!:thumb:

Thanks Eric and RD for setting this up! I had a blast! Great track with fun cars, and a great bunch of guys to run with! :thumb:

Fun race. I like that track.
I believe I qualified 11th or 12th. Spent the first three laps trying to relax. On T4, I think it was, I came around in 3rd gear to find Michel Hunter sliding across the track after a off track excursion with Eric K. I hit the brakes but still "T" boned Michel into the fence flipping him. Sorry Michel, I thought your race was done, but to my suprise you zipped by me later! I made it a few more laps when my tire started loosing too much air, so I pitted early to change tires and refuel, unfortunatly I didnt adjust my preset pit and didnt add enough fuel. My race ended on lap 25 with an empty tank, but I didnt loose any places since I was in last :). Nice driving Michel and Chris!
Once again, Thank you RD and Eric.

Wow, I guess I was in the zone for this one. Took it a bit cautious for superpole, got P2. My start was real nice and since you have the inside line starting P2, I knew I just needed to stay clean and focused. Keith was soon on my tail and I tought that P1 suited me nice so I did the best I could to defend it. At one point on lap 2, Keith disapeared from my mirror, I was just hoping I had not done anything wrong but I obviously couldn't stop and ask him. I then had Ries on my tail but I started to pull away steadily. When the gap got to 5 sec I adopted a fuel conservation strategy as I wasn't sure the full tank would last. My pace was steady in the 1.36. With 10 laps to go I was sure that fuel would be OK so I brought the pace up a bit with steady laps in the middle 1.35

Did I mention I lik this track? I really do.
Great fun with you all guys. Thanks to RD.

• Matt Alpeter

Qauly: was a bit off pace, but still good enough for 4th place behind the unspeakables lol

Race: had a rough launch and glanced up to the mirror to see Ries dive left to avoid me. going into T1 i was side by side with Tim for 6th/7th and came out in front only to blow it by nearly sliding off track in T2. got back in line and had a losing drag race with Eric going into the next left-hander. followed very closely and got scared a couple times by different braking patterns. going into the second hairpin i dove low to give Eric a scare, but ended up messing up the car's balance on the curb and started to slide. i caught the slide, but the car ended up shooting up track where John S. was and we tagged eachother. during the race i had no idea we touched but it's very clear we did now so HUGE apologies to you John...i wasn't trying to drive you off the road, rather just keep mine on, so major apologies mate! had a good drag race with Eric again and got by putting me into 8th. was catching up to Chris but lap 4 came and i made my scheduled splash n dash pit. came out all alone in 12th and began to reel in cars one by one starting with Michel stalled in the road then Eric again, then John S. in the pits. about every lap i passed someone who was pitting and by 15 i was 6th and reeling in John M. on lap 16 he and i went 2-wide into the first 3 corners and i was able to pull away on the straight after those corners. that put me into 4th having passed another person in the pits, which is were i spent the rest of the race. I was trying to run down Chris who hadn't pitted yet and i couldn't figure out why he was taking so long to do so when Lewis pitted and came out about 7sec ahead of me. over the course of 7 laps i tried my hardest to pull him in and got the gap down to about 5.5sec, only to have him pull away every time. we battled like that lap after lap and my car couldn't handle it anymore so i backed off and waited for Chris to pit to try my luck with him. well..the goon didn't pit and i was left hanging dry in 4th. overall a great and fun race!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back