RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I didn't get much practice time after joining late. Eventually got my times into the 1:49's over the course of the evening.

Race 1 ended after 9/10ths of a lap when I hit the wall on the exit of the final chicane, unfortunately taking a couple of cars behind with me (@Nelson Ullinskey and I believe @Burim Bunjaku, apologies for that :( )

Race 2 went slightly better. Although still off the pace and being caught up in the second corner shenanigans, I finally got underway in second-to-last and spent 20 minutes minding my own business. I could not get a grip on the handling of my car at this track, just felt alien, and ended up spinning at both the fast chicanes at some point during the race. The last few laps were made very enjoyable due to a battle with @Filip Carlén, including one point when we were side-by-side from 180 corner on the infield until turn 1 on the following lap, which was great fun. Thanks for the clean racing Filip. It culminated with a drag race off of the final chicane in which I just nabbed 7th (I think) on the line.
Yea, that was super-fun, you where 0.1 sec before me, i failed in the last chicane and you just flew past me, like I was a sleeping snail. Great fun and clean racing! Hope to see you guys tomorrow and on Friday, not sure if im going to make it, i'm on a class-trip and don't really know when im getting home, we are leaving Gothenburg at 16 GMT, and it's a 110 km trip. But i should make it!

National holiday over here, so there should be plenty of time :D I'm in!

#EDIT#
Did some laps, back to my default shaky Mini setup ;) Attached in case anyone's interested - and not frightened by this :D (how am I going to explain that to the mechanics, anyway? "Wanted to try synchronized diving. Yep, in a car."?)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201439):

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Attachments

• BG Mini Dry.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
I'll keep it rather short today since I don't remember that much due to the staff meeting - plus, my races weren't that eventful today :D

Got onto the server a bit early as I hadn't put in any laps until then - managed to qualify... yeah, I managed to qualify. 5th, I think? ;)

When race time came, I realized I hadn't practiced any starts - screwed it up accordingly and went back to P10 - had a nice, small battle with Enzo and, quickly afterwards, Dennis, but couldn't pass neither.
With concentration fading away even more, I lost a few seconds on them and finished P8 - it wasn't until the finish line that I realized that would be pole for race #2 - uh oh! :D

Once again, I started lousy. This time, however, I didn't lose that many positions through the first few corners, though - only to get passed a few corners down the line - With the fast guys (Joe, Reggie, Matthias, Nelson, Arunas) in front, I was now in P6 and hadn't that much traffic to care about - partially due to a slightly better concentration on the race which resulted in faster & more constant lap times ;)
Gained a few places due to Joe DNF'ing and Nelson spinning to finish P4 (or 3, as displayed, but I think that was due to Reggie leaving the server rather early ;))

Thanks for racing, everyone, see you tomorrow!

That went loads better than expected for me :cool:

Qualified mid pack for the first race after a somewhat decent practice and held my position for fifth WITHOUT touching the wall I shall proudly add . Race 2 had an awesome start! Thanks for all the epic racing Matthias, Reggie, Arunas and Bjorn :thumbsup:. I dropped back, and spun a few times throughout the race pushing too hard at the exit of turns. Finished sixth/fifth again without touching the wall.

Thanks for organizing, and I will see you guys on track tomorrow :ninja:

Screw Volvo, I'm king of the world with my new love Agro Romelo or what it calls :D
Never expected to race side by side with Matthias or Reggie and fight for the better position :cry::inlove:
It is/was race which I'll never forget.. :thumbsup:
I was very smart to practice start procedure at the end of warmup and it helped me a lot :rolleyes:
Managed to hold my P3 at the start of the R1
7890-1412285071-680ce5d5031509c348bbd53099bb2e1a.jpg

Matthias against Reggie, Me against Joe. Sadly Joe was forced to pit, I think because of SnG.
7891-1412285073-042a0a9b6c07c5d8003accf1f9d7042b.jpg

I was trying to catch Reggie for P2, but never done it because I've received SnG. So I was glad to hold P3 after pitstop.
7892-1412285075-706b672ab05f6c24413f6f6eed64d775.jpg

R2. Too much accelerator and Dennis spins right in front of me at the start and have collected another driver. But I've sneaked through without any damage.
7893-1412285076-3428299ed6e0bb45d2803976493efef2.jpg

Three BMW's (Nelson, Bjorn, Reggie) blocking way to Alro Romeros army :D
7894-1412285078-bc42c018d63bbe64b41aba3149373692.jpg

Wrong way Nelson! He was trying hard to catch me and nearly made it, but lost control..
7896-1412285081-4a24925333626d61a5a6cc03405a7a10.jpg

And here we go again. Me and recovering Reggie. Fight for P2. One little mistake and he makes it.
7897-1412285082-5190e42fd80a720ea64e4eec841b67fe.jpg

But I was trying to regain my position in the last laps of the race. Nearly made it when Reggie was braking very early, but when he realised that he made mistake and I'm on the mission he was trying to close doors to the corner and we collided. I was not very happy with my overtake so I've returned position back. But it was great fight!
7898-1412285084-8b31aa657448560acc64a101fd19e70d.jpg

Nice racing all! See You all next time :)

Great cars these! I hope yours was as nice as mine :). Quicker than the '07 car I was in the other day too.

One clean lap for quali and that was all I wanted.

Flubbed the start, not for a lack of practice, just my first starting mistake of the day :(, that lost me a bit and I worked hard to climb back. No major mistakes or offs , I just kept pushing and ran out of time coming up on Enzo after being chased all race long by Bjorn. There were a number f corners I could have blown completely but didn't, great fun.

Will, I didn't want to start on the front row but the way R1 worked out there wasn't much opportunity to weasel out of it. Again a goofed up start, wheelspin got me turned and tapped and retapped so I quickly decided To give up an up front position to hang around the back. Too much time to those ahead but I pressed on and ended up with some fun laps in by the end.

Thanks to all the late arrivals for a nice size grid. I guess there wasn't much on TV? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 27.9%