RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Last week I decided to drive a Beemer today, Thursday will be a RWD WTCC day so I figured keep it in the family :). After a practice session a look through my garage indicated that was as quick in it as any other WTCC car I've driven here. OK, some of them were a while ago and could probably use some updating but that did give me a warm fuzzy feeling about the BMW.

Yes, I was slow in P2, Q and both races but it did drive nicely for me and I had some good drives.

Others misfortune placed me too high early on in R1 and I took a drive through to lose some ground. For the last bit of the race It was a good bash with Reggie Snr :thumbsup:.

Race 2 began with a smash into the side of Daniel when he was forced back onto the track, There was an opening for a while but not when I got there. Pit for suspension damage and all alone in the back I pedaled around to take up space then decided to park it after not paying attention.

Nice crowd today. I kept it off the wall, well there's always next time :(.

What a race. I haven't had this pain my wrists for a long time :laugh:.
Woke 15 minutes before P2, so I rushed to the kitchen to make something quick to eat, and then entered the server. During the Practice session I felt right away, that Honda wasn't the car for me, for this event. But decided to stick with it anyway. That lead ofc to me, having no confidence in the car at all. Few places, the rear just lost traction, and they felt like death traps. So I had to spend some time to figure out how to approach them differently, and somewhat found a way to do so. During qualify, I decided to take it easy and just bring somewhat a decent time to the table. After that session was over, I ended up 7th.

R1:
This is gonna sound strange, but all of sudden, I felt like I was in a totally different car.
Already at the start, I had 110% confidence in the car and I still don't know why.
Since I decided to post some images on my own, I kinda got carried away with it ;)
So please, press the spoiler button to see them :)
Got a really good start, and at T1, I was in 5th. Behind @Björn Golda and @James Wilson.
2014_09_30_00001.jpg

Moments later, Me and Björn both passed James, after he had a slight moment off.
After the long straight, I were right behind Björn, and at the 90 degree right hander, Björn made a mistake and were to kind and left a huge gap on the inside (that was his mistakes, being to kind ;))
2014_09_30_00002.jpg

It wasn't a mistake, like he missed his breaking point, but I think he thought I was going to to pass and thats why he left the gap open. I saw my chance, and went for it. But, I kinda lacked the speed, to really pass him, so after the corner, we were side by side
2014_09_30_00003.jpg

I had slightly more speed than him thou, but not enough to really get in front of him, but since the "chicane??" thingy were coming up, he had to tuck in behind me, and I am now up to 4th.
2014_09_30_00004.jpg

During the first few laps, Björn were right behind me, but I started to slowly get away from him.
Half-way through the race, I lost focus for a few seconds, and my right rear wheel, touched the grass. The amount were ridiculous low, but enough to make me lose control
2014_09_30_00005.jpg

James and Björn passed me. But a few moments later, Björn slowed down and let me pass him, since he thought it was his lag that cause my little moment. It wasn't ofc. But yeah, you did lag right before I had my little moment. But you weren't close at the time, so this time you are safe ;)
2014_09_30_00006.jpg

Thanks anyway Björn!
A few blinks later, James had another moment:
2014_09_30_00007.jpg

However, It was in a slow corner, so he had time to recover, and manage up get infront of me anyway:
2014_09_30_00008.jpg

On the same lap, we had a few fights, but nothing really came out of it. Until, I unfortunately gave him a love tap, since his breaking point came up much earlier than mine.
2014_09_30_00009.jpg

He went off, and knowing my mistake, I stopped, so he could recover, get back on track,
and back to racing
2014_09_30_00010.jpg

Since you are only allowed to post 20 images per post, I decided to split them up:
Björn passed both of us at this moment, ans so also did @István Milbich
2014_09_30_00011.jpg

Few laps later, James had another moment again.
Similar to what I did earlier, his right rear wheel touched the grass and he lost control
2014_09_30_00012.jpg

2014_09_30_00013.jpg

Lucky me, at those speeds, I surely thought I was going to crash into him, but luckily enough,
I manage to avoid him. Back in P5, and the hunt to pass István began.

Fairly close to the end of the race, I manage to get close to István, and on the long straight, I decided to go all in, so to speak, and manage to get along side him during braking, and again,
at the 90 degree corner, I passed him.
2014_10_01_00001.jpg

It wasn't really a beautiful pass. My tires had suffered greatly during the race, but hey,
I take anything at this point :whistling:
Rest of the race, I tried to catch up to Björn, but simply didn't had the tires for it. Finished in 4th place.

R2
Once again, got a good start, and went from 5th to 3rd before T1. Sadly, seconds later I received a love tap from @Reggie Blain, who did not stop
2014_10_01_00002.jpg

During this chaos, I received a tap from @Matthias Klein which is fine by me, since he didn't had anywhere to go, and it happen kinda fast.
2014_10_01_00003.jpg

But the force from that bump, made my car slide over the track,
and in front of @Arunas Linkevicius who slammed into my car,
2014_10_01_00004.jpg

And again, I okay with that. Everything happen so fast, and it was just a bad chain reaction.
2014_10_01_00006.jpg

However, it did not stop there. My car were still on the move, and it were slowly going back on track, backwards when @Dennis Phelan wanted some of the action too, and crashed into me as well
2014_10_01_00007.jpg

After all this, which felt like an eternity, I finally was able to get away and back to racing. Car were damaged thou, received suspension damage, and during the race, my steering were completely screwed. Still somewhat drivable, but the steering were screwed. I am now in P9.

On the same lap, Björn went off, or had an accident with someone, so now Im in 8th, hunting down @Filip Carlén. I think Filip tried to fool me on the long straight, I was right behind him, and his lights went on. But he didn't break. At least not to my knowledge. However the case, I passed him right before the 90 degree corner, and now I'm up in 7th.
2014_10_01_00008.jpg

Moments later, @Reggie Blain Snr out braked himself, so easy pass there
2014_10_01_00009.jpg

I am now in P6, and my next target is Istvan. However, Arunas is behind me, and closing in, so my focus on Istvan got lost for a moment. But after an incident Istvan had with Dennis, it was an easy pass
2014_10_01_00010.jpg

I am now in P5, and defending hard, from Arunas who had his mind set on passing me.
Which he did ofc, when I missed my entering point s little later.
2014_10_01_00011.jpg

Back down to 6th, and sadly since my steering was way off from the chaos in the beginning,
I gave him a tiny tap since we both entered a corner side by side:
2014_10_01_00012.jpg

Since I was unsure how much force that was involved, I just decided to slow my car down, and let him get infront of me, since I felt he was the better driver anyway.
On the same lap @Burim Bunjaku crashed his car and that gave me 5th position.
2014_10_01_00013.jpg

Rest of the race, I just tried to stick with Arunas, but when the tire wear started to creep in, he got away more and more. So, finished 5th in the 2nd race.

WTCC07CLUBRACINGFlyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM WTCC
Car: WTCC '06, 07 [Vauxhall Vectra excluded]
Track: Donnington GP [download here]
Weather:
Dry
Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:30 GMT: Qualification [Superpole]
19:40 GMT: Warmup
19:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)
Please note any change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
  1. -Dennis Phelan
  2. -Nelson Ullinskey
  3. -Gundars Brigis
  4. -Dave Morley
  5. -Aaron Channer
  6. -David Kingshott
  7. -Radovan Nevriva
  8. -Arunas Linkevicius
  9. -Leonardo Tuma
  10. -Peter Ell
  11. -István Milbich
  12. -Filip Carlén
  13. -Damian Millett
  14. -Bob Vuckovic
  15. - Reggie Blain
  16. - Reggie Blain Snr
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
Server is UP!

Last edited:
@Reggie Blain

I really don't want to sit here and point fingers, But James, touches Reggie Snr, at T2, but they both escape fine from it. When we, the rest approaches them, the touch I receive from you, made me touch James.
And the whole chain reaction starts.

I have never liked the physics in this game. It's so random what's gonna happen. Sometimes a hard crash makes nothing, while I slight touch can cause havoc.

Yeah if i have too i will accept 100% blame for T1 R2, i got a little too greedy because i knew i had good pace and i wanted to pass Reggie Snr who i didn't expect to slow down as much. However @Daniel Linder i wouldn't blame the game for that, would have happened IRL given the circumstances, anyways apart from that was fun to race guys see you all thursday :)

I didn't get much practice time after joining late. Eventually got my times into the 1:49's over the course of the evening.

Race 1 ended after 9/10ths of a lap when I hit the wall on the exit of the final chicane, unfortunately taking a couple of cars behind with me (@Nelson Ullinskey and I believe @Burim Bunjaku, apologies for that :( )

Race 2 went slightly better. Although still off the pace and being caught up in the second corner shenanigans, I finally got underway in second-to-last and spent 20 minutes minding my own business. I could not get a grip on the handling of my car at this track, just felt alien, and ended up spinning at both the fast chicanes at some point during the race. The last few laps were made very enjoyable due to a battle with @Filip Carlén, including one point when we were side-by-side from 180 corner on the infield until turn 1 on the following lap, which was great fun. Thanks for the clean racing Filip. It culminated with a drag race off of the final chicane in which I just nabbed 7th (I think) on the line.

My debut with S60 was very hard. Fresh R07 without XD and lost good G27 calibration added some fun too.
Default clutch pedal calibration was the case why I've receive SnG at the start of R1, because of false start. So R1 converted to practice session, but I couldn't find good rhythm. Don't know why, but I've found that S60 is very hard to control on braking and very front-happy under acceleration. But it was fun to try to fight with car.
R2. From P3 race looked very promising, until T2. From my point of view Reggie wasn't very friendly at that point with Daniel. I was unable to avoid Daniel and somebody else have bumped me. So after all Pinball action I left with suspension damage. After that my Volvo was like cow on ice :D I was slow, but very happy because I've a lot of work to do with my S60 :D And nice fight with Daniel ;)
Thanks for racing mates!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline