RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

As Michael said, they'll just see the default, and you're in luck Marty ... if you download the skin pack I put up and linked to above, your chosend skin (and the Team FEAR ones) are already included there as they have been used before :wink:

My personal best in qualy with a 1:51.xxx

Race 1- Had a decent start, managed to get into 4th after Yves, and Marcel had trouble at the hairpin. I remember watching people spin going into that corner and thinking I could actually finish top 5 in this race with everyone spinning out like that. But alas, I pushed too hard and my tires were shot by lap 4 or 5 and my braking become longer and longer until I spun in the twice in the last sector of the track. Putting me in 9th. This was mostly my fault trying to catch up to the leaders.
Race 2 - Started 7th and was caught in the middle of all the mayhem at T1. I saw a beemer fly from my left across the track and slammed the brakes to avoid a T-bone when I was Rear ended and spun causing suspension damage, Whomever rearended me, don't worry, there was sooo much mayhem that it didn't matter where we went there was cause for another accident. Somehow I settled into 7th place for awhile, trying to keep my tires for the last few laps. I saw Luis coming up on me for the last couple of laps and I pushed too hard (again :pound:) and went wide and let him by. That was some good battle there with Luis for a couple laps. Then Luis continued to lead away from me as my tires went kaput. Managed an 8th place finish for 1 point.

I learned a lot this evening about my driving and my car setups (Thanks Yves :thumb: and Marcel :thumb:) I did notice that I am improving and hopefully in the coming weeks I will only get better, soon I will be battling for the front. Thanks Yves for setting this up and I can't wait for the next event on Sunday.

Tim

Well it could have been much worse, as I came in never seeing this layout of the Hockenheim circuit before (ran a version sparingly in another game for a DTM class - must have been a TOCA game).

Qual: P7 - 1:51.2xx - was about a second off P1 as the top 6 guys were all in the 1:50.xxx range. With another 10-15 laps I probably could have had the setup bugs worked out and with some balance improvements I think I would eventually end up near 1:50.5xx or so. Extremely close qualifying P1-P8, set up a nice dogfight for the races :thumb:

Race 1: Started P7 and retained P7 through the first lap. Had all sorts of wonky stuff happening under braking on the first lap and a half that had never happened before (which was odd since I ran the whole practice session with full fuel and race setup and felt nice and solid), but ended up falling back to P9 while I got my bearings. Chased down Gaynall and Tim for several laps and eventually overtaking Gaynall. Shortly after I moved to P6 as William got into the side of Tim at the end of the long straight and was sailing along nicely - until the tire meltdown around lap 7. Tires felt like silly putty and what was once a comfortable 7 sec. lead over William with 3 laps to go was shrinking at about 2 sec a lap. I wrestled with it and managed to hold him off until the final lap, but all hell broke loose at the end of the last straight, and it was all I could do to keep it on track. That was all he needed to catch me and I ended up right back where I started in P7.

Race 2: A little less eventful (for me at least, looked wild through the field though!), missed the chaos in turn 1 (narrowly though, as I saw William dart across my screen just missing my front bumper) and was clean the rest of the way. Stuck with Yves and Gary for the first 2 laps, Gary and I shared a nice back-and-forth tussle between laps 2-4 (sorry about my irratic braking, just never found the right balance in the setup in the 30 min practice), but he soon checked out and I was all alone for the middle laps. Tires started to fade again around lap 7 and Marcel caught up to me after a slight bobble, and I finished P4 (almost P3 as I nearly snuck past Yves after his off-road excursion :becky:)

Great races overall - much better than last week since I had no DNFs. Weird how that works out, I was dialed in on Surfer's Paradise and luck was not on my side in the races, but here I was off-balance all night but had little drama in the races - go figure!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%