RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Funny race.

I'm not much of a Nordschleife lover, but it's a good challenge nonethless.

Sorry Chris and Lee for that nasty accident at the end of lap 3 (?). I was surpised by Chris' sudden braking and failed to noticed Lee in front of him as well.

All in all a nice race. Too bad I went out of fuel in the very last kilometer.

Can't wait until the issues are fixed so people don't CTD so much.

Race was going well was sitting behind Jamie trying to keep up with a Cupra in our Toledos. Until Jamie crashed, then half a lap later I got thrown by a curb into the wall giving me a puncture, but I was due a pit stop that lap anyway.
After the pits car was fresh and got to work lapping nicely. Until.... Puncture, tried to carry on but ended up giving myself another puncture on the other front tyre.

2 Punctures on the front wheels on a front wheel drive car going up hill = end

• Andrew Evans

yarp, me too... that's the gamble with add-ons :(

anyways... we have move to dijon instead... link will be added to top post when it finished uploading...

good start for me, I cannot follow Bram and Michael because my car misses power ,
I remotely follows them while remaining 3rd then to the 6th turn my spotter announces tyres very used where I am 1st, I cannot then resist the return of karl .
I decide to finish quiet but here I break down gasoline in the last lap :amen: , I ask has Yoeri to push me to finish :help: but it is too far then return in the pit, race finished
Grats to Karl and all finishers

nice one

thx for setting up this event, Nords is just the best best way to wind down after work.(just love the rhythm, once you caught it)
Learned the hard way what superpole is :(
Sorry I hit someone at start, had a lil' lag and jumped straight into another Toledo Cupra. After that a relaxed 7 laps, too bad I lost concentration just after my pitstop, suspension bit weird after kissing a wall.
With all the dropouts and crashes I actually came in 6th (of 15 started and 6 running), massive lol.

more of this perleez :)

interesting turn of events ... Gary and Yoeri went bouncing off each other, so after 7th place start, I bounced up to 4th.
Was a bit all over the place for first half a lap as I had changed a few settings immediately before starting (no front end grip after 2 laps), so was not too sure what was going on with car.
Anyhow ... Gary and Yoeri closed me down, Gary got underneath me at the 1st carousel (and nerfed me out over the top ya bugger :wink:) ... manged to hold that, and was starting to get a feel fer t'car ... so started getting the hammer down a bit harder.
Yoeri was also in front of me at this point, and Andrew was on my tail ... had a nice little fight there holding Andrew off, and was again concentrating on Yoeri as I could see I was making up time on him ... Yoeri looked like he was struggling with the back end of the GT, and eventually spun it, allowing us back past.
Andrew did his flip thing, which I watched in my mirror (most spectacular mate :thumb:) ... shame to see you go, cos after that it got lonely for me.

Decided to add some spice to my race after pulling 35 or 40 seconds on Yoeri and Chris by missing pit lane entry and only having 9 litres left in the tank ... telemetry told me 12.6 litres was my last lap usage, so I got a bit worried ... figured I would be disqualified if I reversed, so decided to try and limp it round ... steady right foot got me round nearly 2 minutes slower, and with just 0.6 litres left :woot:

Yoeri and Chris were now back up the road by 40 or 50 seconds ... 3 laps of fuel and new rubber gave me a new lease of life ... managed to catch Chris by 20-odd seconds on next lap, then he pitted I think ... I was now creeping up on the 40 second lead of Yoeri, and half way round noticed I was reeling him in by the second -knew there was a problem soo .... booted it.
Caught him in last series of turns before the straight, and graciously he pulled over to let me by ... was a bit confused but then up popped the message ... fuel!

Had to grin ... as lady luck had smiled my way twice in one evening I guess and gifting me 2nd over the line (woohhoo) ... although with all the CTD's going on and early departures that were not driving related, I guess this was a bit distorted.
Still, at least I didn't hit the armcor too many times and never hard enough to do any damage to the lovely Cupra GT ...

Thanks Andrew for organising the event :thumb:
... great idea, I had lots of fun and thought the different car classes made it very interesting, as there were several battles going on for the lead ... it just missed a few sign ups and was a shame we had so many CTD's ...

And ... my best ever finish here at RD, 1st in class and 2nd overall :lol:

wtccnight.jpg

Always a popular circuit this one, I'm sure we'll be able to run 2 servers if demand requires. We will run the National version Not the GP Version.​

Server: RACEDEPARTMENT CLUB
Class: WTCC 06/07
Track: Donington National NoGrip Rapidshare
Password: click here
Date: 13th October 2008
Practice: 18:30 GMT
Qualification: 19:00 GMT
Race: 2 races of 11 laps
Weather: Changeable!​

1. Simon Trendell
  2. Neil Gault
  3. Simon Bacon
  4. Kieran Mcgeachy
  5. Dave Stephenson
  6. Lucas Degen
  7. Chris Noble
  8. Mark Guy [skin]
  9. Tim Hogendoorn
  10. Laurance Lemon
  11. Marty Pierce
  12. Nils Wijk
  13. David Lemon
  14. Karl Westman
  15. Marty Pierce
  16. Roy Stevens
  17. Sandis Roginskis [skin]
  18. Patrick Duivelaar
  19. Dave Gardner
  20. Péter Bártfai
  21. Stuart Thomson [skin]
  22. Terry Harmer [skin]
  23. Gaëtan Legastelois
  24. Victor Shaw
  25. Jamie Wilson
Reserves/Server 2:
  1. Nuno Areias
  2. Sander Hogendoorn
  3. Michael Herrmann
  4. Marty Pierce

• Andrew Evans

Also ... seem to remember there were questions regarding max number of cars on grid being limited to 18

excellent work, sir!

turns out we can only have 19 people per server... so i've split the list in half and we'll hope for more sign-ups on server 2... else we'll just balance the numbers on friday afternoon... :amen:

This was a funny (and a unusual) race.

Never done a Super Pole before, was it only my imagination or are all the other cars invisible during the three laps? Any way, I managed to get a good Hot Lap and set a qualification time of 6.40 - that placed me in P1.

As the green flag dropped I popped the clutch, only to get a handful of wheel spin that led me to drop to third as we turned in for T1. To really make a mess out of it I lost control of the car and went straight for the barriers :frusty: Had to creep around the first lap to get back to the pits for repairs. Unfortunately my pit crew once again forgot to do the repairs and sent me out with a full tank and a set of fresh tires - had to creep another lap to get back to the pits (the exact same thing happened to me at Monza during the RDWTCC). By the time my car was back in order I was hopelessly behind the pack.

For a brief second I thought about retiring, but as I'm a huge fan of the Nordschleife I decided to stay.

Drove the rest of the race in my own pace and started to climb up the field. Unfortunately it was a bit to easy as many of you dropped out for different reasons. In the end I crossed the finishing line in first place :)

I hope that we'll get the chance to race at Nordschleife some time soon, only this time I hope that we're all in the same car class...
:thumb:
Kind regards,
Karl

Gary got underneath me at the 1st carousel (and nerfed me out over the top ya bugger :wink:) ...

As far as i remember that move you didnt get into the karoussel groove and stayed up just at the lip of it,i thought if he isnt going to use that fine banked piece of tarmac then i'll have it,im sure i just ran the groove of the bank as normal and i dont think i crawled up the banking any?,sorry ofcourse if i did. (ya sure ya didnt try to nip down into the groove with my car occupying it?) :rolleyes:.
Also after T1 i backed off and let anything near me past,i dont need that in my life in the first 20 secs of a Nords race :p.

Make sure you test Donington online. There's been problems with it before where it kicks some people when they join the server even with the latest update, (this is from couple of other leagues experience with the track)

But sign me up, my home track, only just round corner so hope the track is all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 279 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.5%