RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Andrew Evans

might be a bit late for this - suddenly got a mate coming - but hope all will be well... just drove the viper around anderstorp and i looooove it.... v challenging but v grin factor too :D

wooooarg! apologies for not making this... a friend in need and all that jazz.... on the upside i got to see ye olde punk band the uk subs... hope those that did had some fun... :wasted:

88.jpg

wooooarg! apologies for not making this... a friend in need and all that jazz.... on the upside i got to see ye olde punk band the uk subs... hope those that did had some fun... :wasted:

Thats the proper **** fella!!,heres a clip for young uns like Benno T who will be clueless about such delights as The UK Subs,we can gradually feed him,maybe some Angelic Upstarts or Stiff Little Fingers next if hes a good lad?.....

[media]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JCrOaFrOYjQ&feature=related[/media]

• Andrew Dawes

Name on RD forum: Andrew Dawes
Name in game:Andrew Dawes
Your Country:Australia
Control:G25
Car: Peugeot
Special remarks: Should be able to make this one.

I could not make this event which I am gutted about.

The above 2 comments I totally agree with, I'm in the same situation as Tim.

I'm slow, make mistakes, but I have fun. If I damage my car badly and drop to last place and have to pit, I do. I keep going and don't give up.

My first ever Mini race was like that. I had to pit atleast 4 times due to my own mistakes.
I don't care as I enjoy racing against real people and not a PC that to be honest, is not hard to beat even on the hardest level.

Anyway, keep up the good work of organising both Bram, Andrew & the rest of the team along with RD.

UK Subs ... man that takes me back to a pink vinyl single my brother had of theirs, track name evades me for the minute, but pic on the front cover was a blokee waiting behind a wall in a combat jump suit and docs, brick in hand ready to jump someone and cosh em over the head with it ... beautiful mental imagery :D
bit like driving the Vipers tonight really, especially with Ben around :p

Thanks for sorting this Andrew ... occupied and amused me lots :good:

EDIT: Here you go - Teenage was the track name, and said cover:
uk+subs.jpg

Qualy: P11
Race 1: Made a few mistake's early in the race and put a wheel on the grass and lost it. Retired.

Race 2: Good start, made up 3 positions. end of lap 1 I was in top 10 and made a few great passes. Then in to the hair pin Iwent up the inside of Chris and saw him go off and wasn't sure if we made contact. On my replay we didn't but if we did sorry Chris. anyway i decided to call it a day after that.
Thanks guys, I will see you next time.

No detailed report for me for the moment (maybe later).

Great race especially race 1 with Wally and Günthar (?), am not sure. Definitively one I will watch the replay! Lots of paint in the air :).

Maybe even from me, did I hit somebody in L1, in this sharp left turn after the straight, there was somebody but never new where (s)he is!

See you all soon!

Hey Bram..
Thanks for putting this event together. I had loads of fun drinking beers and racing Mini's it was really great and hopefully we can do another one soon. Remeber guys, this was organised for fun and that's what it was..:)

• Chris Rodgers

Man, that track is brutal on tires!

Qualified modestly, car felt a bit unstable with the extra fuel in it so was just trying to be smooth and survive the first race. Came upon Gunthar's tail around half distance (boy, that's the loosest I've ever seen a WTCC in the dry Gunthar - amazed you had any grip left at the end :p), snuck through when he had a bit of a slide but lost the place again a corner later when I had to slow to avoid a spinning car. That car (Mtommi I think) then chased me down so I figured I couldn't do better than 10th, but then Gunthar and Mtommi tangled less than half a lap from the end and I gained their spots for 8th.

2nd race started from pole, no way I was going to be able to hang onto it with the pace of the quickest guys, so just tried to choose smooth, predictable lines and not argue with the faster guys as they came through...worked until halfway through the second lap when I think I caught Mark out with my braking point and ended up taking a trip through the kitty litter...thanks for waiting at the next corner Mark - sorry I ignored your question at the time but my keyboard goes on the floor to make way for my wheel :)

Ended up back behind Gunthar with some minor rear suspension damage that didn't affect the car unless I tried to trail the brakes into the corner, which unfortunately I do a lot on a track with long sweeping corners like this, Warren slipped through while I was adjusting to the new handling and I got to watch he and Gunthar duke it out for several laps ... good clean work guys - impressive to see you battling that hard and not touch! Snuck past Warren with a lap and a half to go when he outbraked himself and just managed to hang on from there for 10th.

Until next week guys :)

Looks like my Sunday night racing nightmare continues. After last weeks internet problems, I spent hours talking to my ISP, confirming that my internet speed is varying all over the place, and especially at night around 6 to 8 PM.
Logged in tonight and checked download speeds and it was again varying to extremes. One minute very fast, next minute slower than dial-up.

During practice all was fine.
Qualy, again, no lags and looked very smooth. Even managed to qualify P2 with 2.11.1 so all looked better.

Race 1: Managed to start ok and held P2 for the first 3 laps but it looked like the lagging was getting worse. Suddenly, the cars around me were lagging horribly and I could tell that I was making contact with others. Driving was impossible and I saw comments from Michael Stead that confirmed a problem, guessed it was me, so I exited. Watching from the pits, I could see everyone was smooth again, confirming my worst fears.
I apologise to all those I was affecting. really sorry.

Race 2: I decided to run at the back and see if my lagging was improved. After a couple of laps it seemed better, so I tried to race a bit. Had some great racing with Gunthar (looked nice with his two new Vodafone skins nose to tail) but everytime I tried to pass he would defend very well and my lagging would start. I finished the race but can't say I am happy.

Unless I can resolve this with my ISP, it looks like my Oceania racing may have to end. I seem to be able to race ok in the wee hours of the morning, but obviously that means that internet traffic in my area is down.
I may be looking for a new ISP. :pissed-off:

• Andrew Dawes

I had a great night. Q10. 6th + 6th = 6th.
Seems slow and steady is not too bad around Brno.
I spent most of the night in groups of cars so it made of an interesting time.

Race 1 i was about 14th early on but managed to work my way up to 6th. Not all my own driving as attrition must have been high.

Race 2 i went from 3rd on the grid to 8th in about 3 corners and i think i dropped 1 or 2 more in the next lap and a half. But then I worked my way back to 5th before on lap 9 i locked wheels trying to avoid Wally in a corner and bogged it in the sand. This let Mtommi through after many laps of hassling and i finished 6th.

Much better result for the Peugeot than i was expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 218 14.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%