WTCC and TCR International to Merge in 2018?

TCR on the old WTCC tracks in Europe = much win.

WTCC in it's current form is over and gone with. Actually has been for quite a while. Can't remember the last race I've watched on tele. Ten years ago it was my one and only motorsport series I watched.

my feelings exactly. wtcc used to be the secret pinnacle of international motorsport, back in the bmw vs. seat vs. alfa days. taped all the races on eurosport. nowadays, i check out the races a couple of days later on youtube, watch the start and very rarely get hooked to watch the whole thing, just forwarding to finish and points tables.

I concur. Mid 2000's witnessed amazing touring championships both WTCC and BTCC series. Cars look great, with a decent aero kit, looking bold but easy to drive, allowing bumper to bumper fighting driving style, and about 300 hp. Not to mention, look a that driver list.
Current WTCC cars look like spaceships. absolutely depending on aero and bizarrely dressed with extra wings, splitters and whatnot. Expensive. Racing is boring, they even turning the Green Hell into a drag race to overtake in the main straight. Terrible.

Some 2007 WTCC action at Valencia, good old days. FullHD is as missed as fun is on current WTCC.

Yea car-racing is just like the rest of the world. Some big manufacturers step in, hooray!, start throwing around big money, hooray!. Get all the best people, hooray!. Than start having a say in the rules, hmmm. So they only choose rules that suit them, hmmm. That mainly involves rules only their budgets can cope with. So all the small privateers get pushed further back the field with every rule change. Til there is only a few big companies with the deepest wallets left at the front of the grid, sometimes only one. Because of this popularity gets down drastically, people turn their backs on the sports, than sponsors leave all searching for something new. Leaving a dead series behind. Up to the next...

Not sure how to feel about this. I think while a good idea, TCR and WTCC merged would create much confusion. Would it be TCR International/ TCR World Championship? Would they be the same championship or 2 separate championships? Would they run the same circuits or different?

TCR International would simply take over the WTCC branding I think. The whole point of TCR international was to replace the WTCC as a better touring car world championship to begin with :).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%