RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Birmingham Gp

I decided to run a car that i had never raced before and chose the Pug 308...back into FWD after a spell driving the BMW.What a great little car(except for the horrible outside exhaust note)Reasonable power,quite good handling,but a good plus ,a very communicative chassis.A small turnout,but a quality field with the likes of Carver,Pierce,Callan,Petersen,Watts to name a few.Finished both races in 3rd with tyres that were a long way from their best,both races 15 laps with no pitstop.Interesting to see in Michael Carvers post that in both races my fastest lap time was the same, as was my overall speed and .1 of a difference in my total race time between both races....hows that for consistency.Looking forward to the next event ,hopefully the numbers will increase and we will get back to the fields we are used to seeing in the Friday night Club

wtcc87.jpg

Servername: RaceDepartment.com WTCC
Class: WTCC 87
Track: Zolder
Weather: Dry
Practice: 30 minutes (19:00 GMT)
Qualification: 15 minutes
Warmup: 10 minutes
Race: 2 x 12 laps
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Skins: Skin pack WTCC '87

Entry list:

1. Senad Subasic
  2. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
  3. Remco de Wildt Skin
  4. Yoeri Gijsen
  5. Philip Oakley (99% sure)
  6. Aaron Poulson
  7. Barry Morse
  8. Ross McGregor Skin
  9. Dubravko Vučković
  10. Bram Hengeveld
  11. Ondrej Kapal
  12. Kevin Hopkins Skin
  13. Stefan Beemsterboer
  14. Michael Herrmann Skin
  15. Reggie Blain
  16. David Zafiu Skin
  17. Freddie Besems
  18. Dave Stephenson
  19. Yuri Braham
  20. Michal Szabo
  21. Patrick Wuyts
  22. Emil Sällberg
  23. Giorgos Davakos
  24. Erling Bøhmer
  25. -

Normally, you should race all events, but you may race only one or two events if you want to or if you can't race one of the three events.

Exactly right. I would prefer if poeple came to all of the event. although its 3 races, it is only 1 event BUT I want to make it as accessible as possible to people, so like in the cases like above where someone doesn't fell comfortable with a certain car etc. or other commitments get in the way I don't mind for now if poeple only race some of the races. I can make an assesment with all your feedback after the event :)

Decided to go with a car I don't drive much, the Lacetti. I found a setup online cause I couldn't set a car up to save my life. It was a decent setup in that it was pretty quick, but it wasn't comfortable to drive. The corkscrew gave me fits. I made some adjustments I thought would help hoping that THIS blind squirrel might find a nut. And then it was time to qualify.

Managed to keep the car between the lines for one lap and qualified 4th behind Callan, Gardiner and Pierce. I parked the car and watched Danny put in a valiant effort to take 4th from me. After he went off, I breathed a sigh of relief and waited for the start.

Race 1: First 3 laps, I was running 4th behind Rhys and with Michael chasing me. Entering the corkscrew, I found Rhys and Ryan gathering their cars back up after getting together. I got past Ryan, but he was quickly back around me. He got a little wide coming onto the straight and i was able to drag past him going into the first turn. We touched and I saw Ryan in the rear view mirror heading off toward the tires. The next 3 laps I had Michael stalking me as I tried to find ways to gain on Rhys. One method that does NOT work is going too hot into the corkscrew. I spun into the tires, causing suspension damage, and losing 3 spots before getting back on track. After that it was - just finish the race. At some point, Rhys lost his connection, I think, and I ended up in 4th.

Race 2: Got off the line slow and into 6th after the 2nd turn. I got past Willie on T2 on lap 2, then outbraked me a couple turns later. Danny and Marty touched near the pit entrance and I was back to 4th, following Willie and with Michael close behind. I was pressuring Willie pretty hard, but had to gather myself back in at the corkscrew allowing Michael past me. The next lap, I went into T11 fast, and to avoid taking Michael out, I turned for the tires. Suspension damage again and back to 7th. Moved to 6th after Willie hit the Armco's on the front straight. Back into 5th after Danny hit the tires at the fast esses.

I wish I had better control in the race. Would have made for some better racing. Good racing anyways, guys.

BTW, Michael, your results show me starting first in the second race. Don't know whats up with that.

Darned Autosim Analyzer just can't figure out the starting order. I remembered to correct the 1st race, but forgot to "tweak" the 2nd race.

I will "fix" this and edit the post --- actually I think I will just use a URL to a better formatted display. Too bad they have html code turned off on this board for us mortals.

http://www.kazart.com/autosim/GTR_Evo/AmericanFridayClub/Brimingham04_16_2010.htm

BTW, Michael, your results show me starting first in the second race. Don't know whats up with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.6%