RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

We have already brought some of the tracks from No Grip over, but it is not as simple as picking a track and running with it. RD has a strict policy against illegally converted content and for good reason. Which is also why we don't run any add-on version of Laguna here. There is no legally ported version of Laguna available for Race 07 to my knowledge. I agree that it is a shame that Laguna is not included in next weeks line up, it is one of my all time favorite tracks after all, but what you gonna do? We can't force people to purchase Race On.

If I understand your point it's like this Sam.

YOU cannot convert tracks without permission from the creator. That being said, TOCA will not legally let ANY track in their games titles be relased in any otehr version for any other platform. Stupid since nobody is spending $ just becasue TOCA has CROFT, THRUXTON etc. locked up.

It is not that otehrs do or don;t work in game for us. If it is legal to run a tradk then we can. We can also add it to the downloadable content here as well. But if it does not have that approval seal then we don't support piracy is what it amounts to as best I can tell..
What he meant to say is that "Codemasters" has not released any of their copyrighted content for conversion to any other platform. Meaning that any track that originally came from a Codemasters title is illegal and as such not allowed on RD's servers. The same goes for any track that was converted without permission of the original creator, as this too would be an infringement of copyright laws.

This same thing also applies to add-on cars and other mods that are floating around out there. I have come across some fantastic FIA GT and Prototype mods, by they aren't legal, so we can't run them.

We can't force people to purchase Race On.

i agree that we can't force people to buy the game but the down side is that the ones that bought it don't get to use it so basically those people bought the game for nothing. as for STCC i think it safe to say that 90% + of the ARC members have the games since 90% + of them were part of the ATCC which was using the STCC cars aswell.

as for the so call less popular classes, imo its a vicious circle thing, the less you use them the less people can't discover them and start to enjoy them at some point that circle have to be brokenand thats what i was trying to do when i was part of the staff and was putting up events and leagues ( camaro cup ). we all agree that the Caterham and the US Muscle cars are part of the socall less popular class but when i was doing them on a regular basis in the Euro club i was drawing a regular sign up of around 15 drivers.

it is also my opinion that the racing club is a ground for learning and as such the less popular classes are usually the classes where you can learn the most on how to set a car and improve your driving skills. i also want to add that if i would have stand of my first try out of a certain car class i wouldn't race much car cause many of them i was finding crappy but i retry them and many of them moved on my favorite car list.

just my 2 cents :wink:

Servername: RaceDepartment.com WTCC
Class: WTCC '87
Track: Nordschleife
Weather: Dry
Event start: 19:00 GMT
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (20 minutes Superpole)
Warmup: 19:50 GMT (10 minutes)
Race: 2x 4 laps
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Skins: Skin pack WTCC '87

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Entry List

1. Michal Szabo
  2. Yves Larose
  3. David Zafiu
  4. Claudio Caferri
  5. Dave Flower
  6. Dubravko Vučković
  7. Philippe Martin
  8. Péter Bártfai
  9. Oancea Gabriel
  10. Neil Tasker
  11. Paul Herron
  12. Bryan Stark
  13. Gábor Ludvig
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. Ondrej Kapal (Maybe)
  22. Erling Bøhmer (Maybe)
  23. Philip Antonia (Maybe)
  24. Gary Lennon (very iffy maybe)

i agree that we can't force people to buy the game but the down side is that the ones that bought it don't get to use it so basically those people bought the game for nothing. as for STCC i think it safe to say that 90% + of the ARC members have the games since 90% + of them were part of the ATCC which was using the STCC cars aswell.
ATCC is adding the Race On content for the next season, so I am hoping that will help push more people to purchase the expansion pack. As for being unfair to those that have purchased the expansion pack, I don't think so. There have been a couple of attempts at running content from Race On and it never really got any interest. We aren't putting these events together to draw empty grids on a regular basis.

as for the so call less popular classes, imo its a vicious circle thing, the less you use them the less people can't discover them and start to enjoy them at some point that circle have to be brokenand thats what i was trying to do when i was part of the staff and was putting up events and leagues ( camaro cup ). we all agree that the Caterham and the US Muscle cars are part of the socall less popular class but when i was doing them on a regular basis in the Euro club i was drawing a regular sign up of around 15 drivers.
I think we have run our fair share of events here in the ARC using cars that haven't really caught any traction on this side of the atlantic and we are continuing to experiment. For example we have the Cats next Thursday.

it is also my opinion that the racing club is a ground for learning and as such the less popular classes are usually the classes where you can learn the most on how to set a car and improve your driving skills. i also want to add that if i would have stand of my first try out of a certain car class i wouldn't race much car cause many of them i was finding crappy but i retry them and many of them moved on my favorite car list.
I agree it is a learning ground in many ways and don't get me wrong, I am not discounting these other classes. We will continue to experiment and try different things, but I am not here to ignore the obvious. If I run an event with a class that gets less than 5 sign ups on a regular basis, that tells me that there is no demand or interest in that particular class regardless of how great I think it might be. For an example the V8's were great and I think they are a lot of fun, but we were having a hard time getting any one to sign up for these events. Now I run F1 on Tuesdays and I am getting 10+ entries on a regular basis.

just my 2 cents :wink:
Yves, I hear what you are saying and I promise we are trying to gradually mix things up a little, but it's hard when you don't have the numbers that the Euro club has, especially during the summer months.

really enjoyed this race wasmt the quickest out there but had some awsome battles along the way, just couldnt make the tyres last on the peugeot espeaialy with suspension damage i picked up on opening lap so was loosing time towards the end of race with ragged tyres, but still alll good fun, great racing by all,

mike bell sorry for the tap on lap one but your were al over the place and came shooting back on track coulnt avoid you very sorry,

Best I can tell it was only Codemasters who "locked down" their content..............

if the rules haven't change since i retired from being staff its not only the Cody content that is forbidden, all content coming from another game is considered as illegal. exemple, lets say someone would take Laguna Seca from Race On and would convert it so it would run in Race 07 that track would be considered as an illegal conversion since it came from another game cause yes Race On by definition is another game as it also come as stand alone.

mike bell u was all over the track .then when i lapped u hit me under braking hard!!!! i had suspension problem and my last laps war desatrous....no much fun

in practice was 3-4 in quali i fell a sleepp managed 7

good race...i started with 3 stop strategy.....but was planing only 2.....evryone pitted early i pitted in 16lap...was in 3 place...then first...and by the second pitstop second......i came out in 3 place..but realised that hadden;t put fuel...so next lap pit again with change of tyres and get feul..so i was 9 after that....managed to pass and i stated to care about my tyres..cause i didn;t want to pit again..and had to do about 17-18laps with them...close to finish Bell hit me..got suspension problem...then James came stormig on me...i realy wanted to hold him the last lap..but no change..had more fresh tyres i think....
so from 7 to first then to 6.....good race....

sory that i hit a bmw...

we seem to be runnign Cleveland Airport which came from Payrus INdy car if I remember that game correctly.......

that track was made from scratch, sometimes you have to make some digging to find out where the track is coming from, when i was staff i was doing the digging and many time i had to go on 3 sites and look at the games to finally found out it was indeed coming from another game or it was made from scratch.

Edit: for exemple Cleveland was converted from rFactor and the rFactor was made from scratch http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Cleveland 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%