RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Be warned that if you go off just before the first timing beam your lap will not count as shown in the pic below.
(thanks to Andrew Evans for the screenshot)

Attachments

• jerez1.jpg
    jerez1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 227
Qualify: With Warren's guidance firmly forgotten (damn it!) I cruised through the superpole to take the 4th spot on the grid.

Race One: Watched Yves and Warren take off a little too early and became pretty confused thinking there was something wrong with my pc. The lights went off so I charged off the line to catch up to Warren WAY too quickly and tapped his behind. Not enough to spin him or cause damage, but enough to make me feel very nervous when I saw him head down the pit lane.

Kept my head down and tried my best to keep the car straight and keep my lines clean. Was trying hard to catch Piotrek and was rewarded as he found the grass at turn 1. Up to p2. Rhys was FLYING and I set myself the goal of maintaining my current position, rather than pushing past my limits and losing the chance of a personal best 2nd place. Rhys the wall and handed me first and an extremely large case of nerves. Watched the time between Piotrek and I narrow each lap with me faster in certain sections, but Piotrek faster overall. I set myself the task of keeping the tyres attached to the car, let alone reducing wear. In the end it paid off as my lap times were consistent and I was able to take my first ever RD WIN!!!

Race Two: Started off at the back of the grid and decided to play it cool and aim for anything in front of Piotrek to take the round. It was looking unlikely as I found the fresh car extremely diiferent to the warm, stable beast I had at the end of race one. Made loads of errors during the first few laps, the most exciting see me leave a paint trail along a guard rail. Piotrek must have found the same issues as we both swapped position through errors. Finally I found some clear air and found myself behind Rhys by about 10 seconds. 'Wonder if I can get him' went through my mind and that ended up providing some of the most intense racing I have experienced, despite only getting about 1 second behind him and never being in a position to pass. Awesome stuff, Rhys! Top battle!!

So there it is, my first race and round win at RD (anywhere in fact).

Thanks to the following:

Warren: continued support and guidance which is always so helpful.

Rhys: Top battle! Thanks mate (my heart was racing too...)

Gunthar: you have provided a brilliant base for a lot of joy for a lot of people. Well done mate, be proud!

Piotrek: Kept me well on my toes. Thank you.

Olly: Teamspeak provided quick and HUGE laughs! The fact that you were with me through the race was spooky, especially during the heavy breathing moments (again, it was Valentine's day...), but created some of the funniest and funnest moments I've had here at RD.

Thanks guys!

Guys, I'm out too. Dislocated my shoulder badly last night and knowing what I know, there is no way I could do 30+ laps tonight. Very disappointed as this is brilliant (but very difficult) racing.

Have fun and be careful! If there is room I may pop in to spectate (watch the pretty colours as my pain medication takes effect).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 326 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%