RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Entrylist:
  1. Nicolas Hamilton
  2. Dave Flower
  3. Yves Larose
  4. Akos Veres
  5. Peter Böszörményi
  6. Scott Ellis
  7. Theo Loonstra
  8. Stefan Beemsterboer
  9. Bob Miley
  10. Freddie Besems
  11. Gabor Feher
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
Reserve:
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver

899836WTCC_87_flyer.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM US
Class: WTCC 87
Track: Istanbul
Weather: Dry
Practice: Wednesday March 11th 9:00 PM EST, ( Thursday 1:00 GMT ) 30 minutes
Qualification: 30 minutes
Race: 10:00PM EST - 3:00 GMT 2 by 12 laps, WTCC rules - no forced pits

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Zolder, nice varied racetrack… just a little bit less bumps on the fast corners and it would be perfect :wink2:

Qualifying
Went well, I thought I could go into the 39’s and did so wish gave me pole but more importantly the first row.

1st race
Did a good start; kept my position until the fist corner, but Marcin (the 2nd) was much more aggressive going into the fast corners so he went to my left side. We did a few corners side by side but in the end he got the better.

From then on, there were times where I got close to him and others where he pulled away… he was faster on the fast parts of the track and I on the slower ones.

3rd (Yves) and 4th (Gary) were near until the middle of the race, at that time, Yves (I think) made a mistake and they both lost a few secs wish gave me room for concentrating in hunting 1st position.

All in all I only did two small mistakes all race and managed to go into the low 41swith regularity wish was more or less my race pace(high 40 should have been possible).

In the end I came 2nd and had much fun this 1st race as I like “hunting” to the finish, although this time the “pray” won.

2nd race
Totally different animal here…

From 7th did a good start and had a good view how some people can’t /don’t know how to keep a line going into the first corner (don’t get me wrong, you can change the line, but 1st see if there is anyone there!). After two corners with all the bumping and scraping I was 6th.

6th was a nice position to slowly start gaining places, my main overall classification adversaries were all behind less Gary who was doing good progress at the time in 3rd, but since he was 4th in the 1st race, not all was lost, far from it.

Next lap, on the last fast right hander, Neil Tennant bumped into Marcin that in turn bumped into me… Neil went by (reported this incident).

Dropped a few more places… now I really had work to do since Yves was now in front too and only Marcin was behind and as he was right behind he had advantage for the overall classification.

There were so many incidents on those 1st laps that my fastest lap of the time (and to be of the 2nd race) was more than 3 full seconds then my race pace (mid 44).

Two laps after, again on the last fast right hander, I was on the receiving end of a pitman maneuver on the turn exit (left side over curbs) portrayed by Marcin. When the car was already sideways, the rear bitted and I was catapulted to the right side of the track and went into the wall and did full spin wish left me ½ inside the race track so was also hit by someone going by.

The end result was a damaged left rear suspension (the worst), front splitter gone (not good), and rear wing on the tarmac (not that important in a wtcc sprint race).

Marcin
said he was sorry (apologies accepted), but seemed confused about what to do as he first waited for me, then he didn’t and when I got back to the racetrack I was in last place (had to let the field go by before rejoining).

The engine worked, so I still was in it, it could have been worst I guess... :D

The car was very hard to drive on the fast chicanes as the damaged suspension sunk the car when on the middle of the chicane making it oversteer, the turns at the beginning of the lap I had to take them 1 gear lower as the car understeer too much (no front splitter) and when under hard braking, the suspension constantly remembered me of his condition… never went below high 44s :D

After this accident, when I went over the start/finish line, Marcin left the server… Why!?

His car seemed in much better condition than mine (“only” bodywork damage)…

Again in a RD event (3rd time), after some unfortunate race incident; I’m left with that strange feeling of:

hmm… what was his objective? To win or leave!? So, basically he kind of came here just to upset my race and leave? So am I dumb for continuing my race from last spot? Should I leave too and leave these 10 guys racing each other? ”

Well you/we get the idea… that was my main “grip” with the all situation. The golden rule is there for the people to take responsibility of their actions (I think), so they think twice next time, not to do it and then leave the server to go do something “better”; at least in my view.

Back, to the race… from last (wish with all the dropping going on was 11th at the time) managed to close by the 9th and 10th placed.

Had a good fight with Dave Flower but he did a mistake when about 2/3 of the race had gone and I was left alone in 9th.

This was the position I went on to finish about 6 secs behind the last scoring position (I think I came in 5th overall with the sole 8 pts form 1st race).

Fun and intense sprint racing, thanks to Yves and RD for the server and organizing the event, thanks to all that participated and congratulations to the overall podium finishers especially to our overall winner Paulo.

]Next lap, on the last fast right hander, Neil Tennant bumped into Marcin that in turn bumped into me… Neil went by (reported this incident).

So does that mean i should report marcin for bumping me 2 seconds before i hit him?

Or maybe i should report people more often myself when i race here, blatent corner cutting, stupid overtaking maneuvers, people who cant do a simple manual rolling start, people that complain when i brake because the guy in front had slowed down.

Or maybe im just too soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back