RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well, not bad..

1st Race, not good, but I never expected it to be.. Aston and Detroit.. I put it in the wall on the first lap with everyone else who did. No front downforce, I think I finished 8th?

2nd race, Rads and much better.. sqeezed into 3rd in qually with a messy lap. 4th place Piotrek Blaszczak was it? was catching and I was losing it. Be passed me and that was it, I could catch him, so 4th in the end.

3rd race, Cats, I love this track also, and was hoping for a good race. Hit the wall though and ripped off a wheel. Watching the race after this my flatemate was sorting a cupboard and flicked the fuse box master switch.. just enough to freeze the computer and restart the router!

4th Race, not good for me. I set the car up to be loose at the back. As it turns out, a little too loose. Still a good start and ended up with no nose :( DNF.

Michael T-boned my but it wasnt his fault. I was already sideways before he entered the picture. He did wait however, thanks for that. I think I was just holding you up in the end.

Cheers to all who orginised this.. it must have been a headscratcher at times.

• Andrew Dawes

Sorry guys.
I was going to try and jump in on this but there are just too many variables. No car, no setup, no fuel indication, just installed the track and its pretty difficult to get up to speed. I'd be 5 sec/lap off the pace so i don't think there is much point. Can't get all that sorted in 1 practice session. :disapointed:

In Melbourne for GP next week, so won't make it next week either.

• Andrew Dawes

Alright i got talked into racing.
I hopped in Cam's spare Seat and it went like a rocket. Qualified last but was up to about 6th by the first bend with great start. Was running in 7th when i was DQ'd for not changing tyres in the pitstop.

2nd race i pitted early from 4th. Cam came out from the pits just behind me, i put 8 seconds on him while he struggle with his fresh rubber but i then started missing the same left hander for about 5 laps straight and with 2 laps to go threw it in the kitty litter. I scrambled out 1 second ahead and held off a charging Cam by just 3 tenths of a second. Glad it wasn't a 17th lap because my rears tyres were shot.

Good fun guys. Now i remember the track, it'd be good to have another go.:good:

Good racing

Quali not so good 3 seconds off PB

Race 1 started 5th moved up to 3rd behind Warren and Rhys. Stayed in that order for a while. battled with Warren for 2nd and gave him a few bumps from behind (sorry Warren) Got by Warren on inside of tight turn. Pulled up to Rhys in 1st. Managed to get by just prior to pitting around lap 9 i think. Came out of pit in 1st with warren close behind. Warren gave me pressure all the way till the finish. 1st win in a while.
Great pole lap by Rhys Grats!

Race 2 Made good start moving up then stuck my nose in the wrong spot on Rhys pushing him sideways. Waited for Rhys and we started again from the back (sorry Rhys). Made progress up to 3rd behind Cam. We battled for 2nd several laps passing each other. Gunther took a pit while in 1st and then Cam and I one lap later. As I exited the pit I saw Cam was not moving and when I came out I was now in 1st. Not sure what happened to Gunther as he had a gap on us prior to pitting. Had a 10 second gap over Warren in 2nd. Held on for 1st.

fun stuff wish the pit had not changed the 2nd race but I guess thats how it goes sometimes. Always enjoy the Oceania events thanks Cam and Good racing bud. Marty

Qualy: Went ok, managed to get 6th (time I am not sure, was not super good).

Race 1: Ok'isch start, was 8th after T1. Not much happened for me during this race, some good racing wit Olaf and Andrew, but otherwise circulating ok'isch. Managed to get 6th, Cam seemed to have a long pit stop, as I got him while he was in pit lane.

Race 2: Started 3rd, bad start as usual, after T1 I was 8th. In this sharp up hill turn Warren hit me, no worries Warren, unfortunaltey Rhys hit me as well because fo the spinning, which gave me suspension problem (no worries not much you could have done about), both for sure waited correcly, thanks! But somehow I was off my mind today, I lost concentraton completely, went off a couple of times, which increased my gap more and more. But at least I also managed to put in some decenet laps around and below 1:30. So good and bad in that race, finshed last of those who finished.

I have no idea how I could do last time a 1:29.1xy, was so much off pace today, but also did not put in my regular amount of training laps, guess that was part of the problem. Further I actually started doing training with the BMW (as I wanted to change the car, and wanted on purpose a RWD), but when I recognized that no way I would be able to get up to speed on time, I swichted back. Somehow I screwed up my setup completely which I tried to fix during office practice, with which I was more or less successful.

So not a super good race for me, but only due to my own problems, anyway thanks for organizing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%