RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Just had a chance to watch the replays, great racing all through the field as Eric said...

Race 1 was always promising, as I was bringing up the rear of the Omer/Lazlo fight for 6 + 7. It looked like it would only be a matter of time before 7th would be mine as Lazlo was having an erratic start, but then, suddenly, around lap 5 he steady the ship and from then on, I could not make any progress on them and they did not slip up, nice going guys and Grats to Kieth and Nicolas and Yves.

Race 2, had the pole for the start, and by now was feeling more confident with the Mini. With Lazlo and Omer behind, I thought I might get a few turns in before the front runners caught me, amazingly, Eric N. was right there going into turn 2 and Nicolas a couple of turns latter.

Going up the hill to turn 12, Kieth passed me, at which point I started getting a little ticked... I took a run at the inside line coming into 12, fortunately Kieth saw it coming and left me room to slide through the apex with full left steering lock. After that, the "battle" was over and Keith crossed back to retake the position. (something to tell the grandkids about however). Yves was also right there now and passed on the front straight while I was still considering the possible repercussions of my brash move had Kieth had not left me some room...

By lap 3, I was back in my element racing for 6th with Lazlo and Omer. Lazlo got by and pulled ahead a safe distance and then it was Omer and I for the next 6 laps. We traded places several times, but Omer finally sealed the deal at the start of lap 9. great racing guys and thanks for the "invite" Eric ad RD, see you all next time!

Not a good event for me.

First off, I slept in, so I woke up with 25 minutes of practice left. Second, the telephone company was repairing our damaged line, so I didn't get a connection until qualifying. Third, TeamSpeak freaked out as a few of you will know. Fourth, I messed up my lap, starting from the back of the grid. Fifth, I got a bad start, and to top it all off... Sixth, I lost connection at the beginning of lap 3.

Seething at the moment. Not happy at all.

Just as bad for me Rhys... following sam in lap 2 he got loose in T2 a bit and I just pushed wide (not his fault) and caught grass and wall of death. Dead! Hate to miss this one... chewing nails right now. mad at myself. Was very competitive and thought top 5 was in reach as I had good pace with fuel and figured a few things out in warmup.

Ok, I think I owe some apologies to some of you.

Tyler and Marty. Sorry about the Lap 1 incident. I wasn't attempting a pass, but I did get to close to Tyler and we touched as he tried to turn in. Marty, I waited for you at the pit entrance for a good 30 seconds or so. A real shame you weren't able to carry on.

Daniel, sorry for the poor passing attempt, sending you off track in race 2.

Marty, I owe you yet another apology for the bad pass in the last turn of the last lap in race 2. I felt especially bad about that one, considering the incident in race 1.

11th in the second race. Not bad for a suspension problem and, for some of the race, no splitter. Heh.

Had a lot of fun, guys. Touring cars are definitely more...physical...than anything else I've tried thus far. I'll try to do a complete race report in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%