RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qualy: Was ok, did a 1:22.041

Race1: Started 11 (I think), not a good start but did also not intend to do a super start as I was expecting T1 to be a carnage. Got pushed into Piotrek :)) no worries Cam), which caused a serious carnage. Did some mistakes early in the race, but afterwards a pretty stable but lonley race (little bit fighting with Michael H. and Bob in between). Due to mistakes of others finished 12th.

Race2: Reached T1 last, after lap 1 I was 10th, but Warren got me directly in T1 lap 2, so 11th. But Warren and Ken did not make it well thorugh the next corners, so up to 9th. Then in lap 4 my serious screen freez, already took of my headset, but then it went on, but Warren passed me in the meantime. The gap to Warren actually on increased when I did mistakes (which was good for me) unfortunately I to many of them. But nobody from behind was catching up as well. So pretty lonley race again. Finished 9th.

I actually was missing little practice, first time I managed constantly to get T1 was shortly before Qualy. Did my PB during the second race (1:21.2xy).

On a different note: Gentlemen, I am not really interested in race reports during Qualy and Race over chat. Especially during Superpole chat while people are still driving is just a bad thing as it is distracting!

Thanks for the event!

• Andrew Dawes

Had a good scrap with Andrew in the begining and was finally able to get away from him when he had a screen issue i think.

That was some amazing racing Craig. Can't believe we never touched in those few laps as we were swapping the lead and racing door handle to door handle in place.

And No it wasn't any problem. After all the pressure you were applying, as soon as you got passed i had Rafael on my rear for a new dose of pressure. We were still in touch with you for a few laps but on lap 11 Rafael hit my rear corner as i was going pretty slow into the sharp left as i was struggling to stay composed. From then on you were a long way up the road.

• Andrew Dawes

R2: started from 4th, dropped back to 5th, someone looked to disco and was then in 4th again.

That was my freeze. I also noticed that Jari's massive freeze which ended his race 2 happened at the same spot on the track as mine. This is the second time in 2 events now that this has happened. I suspect this is resulting from the recent patch a week ago.

Overall, more good fun and interesting racing in these V8's, they are quite different.
I didn't plan on joining this event, but my alternative duties were cancelled late so I was able to join at the last minute. Since I had no practice with these cars on this track, I decided to skip qualy and start last (P21).

Race 1: Let everyone get away early so I could avoid the inevitable early crashes. Sure enough, turn 1 produced some doozies, then a few more later, giving me P10 by the end of lap 1. Ridiculous really, guys there should be more care in the opening lap, these cars take a lap or two to warm up.
I caught up to Olly and decided to have some fun by seeing if I could push him along to greatness. We had some great close driving, but just when I was grinning and thinking I was making him sweat, he braked early on me causing me to spin trying to miss him. So he made me sweat this time. :rotfl: I noticed he was getting lazy without me on his tail, so I caught up and pushed him along some more. Good fun and some good driving from Olly. :handshake:

Race 2: Took it easy towards turn 1 but it all came to grief in a huge accident. Bob came from a long way back and obviously forgot to brake or something, and ploughed into the pack at high speed, taking lots of us out. No apology needed Michael, we were both ok until you were slammed from behind, nothing you could do. After we all sorted oursleves out from the mess, I had some brief racing with Dietmar and Ken, but unfortunately hit Ken well before the hairpin. Very sorry Ken, but you seemed to stop waaaay before the turn and I had no chance to stop in time. After that, I had a fairly quiet race slowly closing down the gap to Raphael in front but never quite got close enough to make it interesting.

Good to see a big field, these V8's certainly seem popular. Overall, we all need to practice these cars to get better control and learn to avoid the opening lap chaos, but I think we have the potential for good close racing.

It always beats me why after so long a qualifying session where people have the chance to show just how fast they can go that they then feel the need to make amends and get as far up the front as they can within the first 2 or 3 corners. Guys if you were not good enough to get up front after 30 minutes of qualifying then why try to get there withing 2 or 3 corners? We have 80 minutes of great racing ahead of us or at least most of us would have but what usually happens is that some guy muscles past a better driver at the start then spends the next couple of laps constantly watching his mirror as the faster driver crawls all over the back of him looking for a way past and it usually ends with the poorer driver crashing out ending his race (and maybe others) all to prematurely. :rant: quote]

Neil I offer my most sincere apologies to you. I think it was me who went in a bit too hard into T3, I think it was you I hit, but I had alot of default minis that night, and you were a default to me, so I pulled over and let nearly all the field through hoping that whoever I had hit had gone through.
But yes after looking at the replay, I think it was me who spun you in T3.
Really sorry pal, I have understood that your rant was at me, and for that I apologise profusely too :(

Sorry again Neil.

Regards

Started 8th on the grid and picked up 2 places almost immediately with guys struggling off the line. Managed to miss the carnage and set off after the front pack, but as Warren rightly said, more practice needs to be done with these V8 brutes and after the bump from behind, landed in 11th all on my own for the remainder of the race.
No apology neccessary Warren, these incidents will always happen, no matter how carefull one is.
Second race i too had the screen freeze on me, but unlike the other guys, mine did not restart at all and after about 45 sec, i had to disconnect.
Waiting for the next one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 94 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 10.0%
  • < 4 years