RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Give me #18. Also, I would like to apologize for all the infractions I have done on mont and padborg. They werent intentional, its just that im in keyboard and the car tends to lose control quite often. If I violate the rules once more I will take all the consequences without harm. Lets hope i dont get a bad car lol

Wicked fun tonite, showed up unprepared but was helped out with a setup by sam which I find out is a variation of one I made lol, i love this community.

Had a hell of a time handling the car/track, barely finished a lap in practice. Managed to score 4th in quali.

Start of R1 i spin the tires HUGE and then realize i got a weird FFB problem...im missing 10 degrees of my turning on the wheel and it wont center..no fun and finish 5th, while battling a mosquito in my office. My arms from the FFB literally were bulging.

R2, got off fairly clean but nearly spun by myself. Pushed through the race avoiding little slides and little contact here and there and wound up behind Sam and applied huge pressure on him for the lead. I think how i got by was we were side by side as I attempted a pass, and exiting the corner I got loose into the grass and Sam the gentlemen he is waited thinking we had contact. But there wasnt, sorry sam TS has a small delay. Now leading with Sam/Yves/Jesper behind giving chase...they battle a bit and i open up a gap of 4-5 secs.... THEN the mosquito returns as I exit T1 he lands on my eye lid causing me to smack myself in the face...not hitting him of course and I get loose into the inside wall luckily no dmg....I resume on the track but with these guys RIGHT ON ME. Pushed hard for the remainder of the race but the last 5 laps with Jesper on my bumper and leading for a brief stint, left me feeling the pressure. When I resumed the lead jesper was real tight to me and I believe Yves went inside to pass him and there was contact which gave me a buffer to the win.

Grats to all who survived, and to yves for R1 win.

Thanks RD, thanks ARC staff you guys rock.

Quali: Got in a few practice laps earlier and then retired to read a Robert E. Howard short story and ended up falling asleep. Woke up at precisely 8:45 p.m., logged in with enough time to qualify, and crashed the car before I could set an actual time. This sucked, as, when practicing offline earlier I'd set a personal best with a LOT of room for improvement...had I got a clean run like I had earlier, I'd have been 3-4 seconds off the pole (VERY fast for me;)). Alas, it was not to be.

Race 1: Slipped past some folks going off track to grab a few positions, but it didn't last...nudged Stefan on the second downhill after the front straight, spun him*, and following the Golden Rule, ended up in last place (an excellent incentive to try and avoid collisions I might add:)). I follow, but on the next to last corner, I brake late, overcompensate on the recovery, and end up nailing that concrete thing on the left side of the track that seems to be there solely for that purpose. DNF, the first time I've got one due to a wreck (first time I finished, but didn't complete enough laps).

Race 2: Starts out a whole lot better and I end up chasing Eric E. for a little bit, but again, I hit him, causing a spin. This one isn't as bad as when I hit Stefan, though, and we're right back in it fairly quick. He starts to pull ahead of me, and I start to push it a little more when I come onto the starting grid straight and see him sideways on the track. I avoid him; he spends a good chunk of the race trying to catch up (a wonderful, splendid reversal of the usual situation:)) but what may turn into a nice fight instead turns into a spectacular 'let's see the replay on that one' collision when he rear ends me after the straight and we both end up sailing across the grass. Miraculously (since I was airborne for part of this experience, I think), the car still runs, but it needs some major repair work. I limp back to the pits, trying to be as small an obstacle as possible (I seem to be getting better at blue flags). After I emerge in what may as well be a new car, I mostly stay out of further trouble and finish up the race in 12th, completing, according to my LED thingee, 14 of 15 laps.

Final thoughts: Even though I practiced this pretty intensively over the past couple of days, I needed more. For me, Watkins Glen seems to be VERY unforgiving, and while it seems to be fairly easy for me to get a halfway decent time, it's hard for me to go 15 laps without destroying my ride. Performance probably suffered because I spent so much time practicing for the AMS race on Saturday which I ended up being unable to run, but thems the breaks.

All that said, this track (again, just expressing opinions) is very, very fun. I really, really love that sequence of three high-speed turns leading into the front straight, and even botched runs never fail to seem fast. You can bet I'll sign up for the next event here...you can also bet I'll be practicing for it a week ahead of time.;)

*I feel pretty awful about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline