RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Gary Paszek

Was very good events but it seemed everyone was very hostile towards eachother and were taking these races way to serious, anyway ahd a ton of fun and the magny cours national was a very fun track as well as curtiba everyone was so close in times.

Also another thing guys we only get 30mins to qualify, don’t fill the top of our displays with meaningless rant, or in the case tonight accusing drivers of cutting, of course everyone is going to lose concentration reading that, as you think you are being accused, please leave that for PM to admin shouldn’t be typed in chat in Qualify or in the forums, just bang Warren a PM after the race.

Sorry Nigel, it was me who first raised the cutting in chat. There was lots of chat going on over extremely quick lap times so I watched a few laps on the monitor. I thought I should raise it then to minimise it during the race.

Regarding the chat, we are getting excessive chat during Qualy. It's fine during Practice, but we expect everyone to minimise chat to essential info only once Qualy and Races start.

For everyone's info, we have a set of Racing Club Rules and Guidelines here:
http://forum.racedepartment.com/applications/3364-racing-club-rules-code-conduct.html

I had great fun 2night

Winning 3 of 4 races that i participated :)

With first race of Mangy Course i won it by (not seconds but) 0.05 liters of fuel....beating Bram on the line with his empty fuel tank....llooooooooooOOOOOOOLLLL :)
race 2 was still great even though with (tepa?) saying that i took him out...
sorry buddy....but during the race i have made many succesfull passing in that corner....with you it was going to be the same or at least ride together side by side in the corner (which it is possible)....only to find you coming with your rear in front of me cutting, so of course we crashed lol......**** happens

I still was able to battle great with Micheal (thought i would ran out of fuel lol :)) & finished 3rd

Curitiba oval was great....i was not the fastest, but i knew i had a good setup or at least drive great here :)
and so i did winning both races lol.......
tnx guys....it was fun, but i wanted to watch the moto gp so badly, so that's why i left ;)

• Sol Leung

I just joined the races in Curitiba oval and Brand Hatch X-Rally :D

In Curitiba oval we're so close to each other, it was very fun as u need to draft with someone else, which u don't do it that oven in a normal wtcc races.

In Brand Hatch, it was just too much fun, too bad only 5 of us left in the server. I never hated the safety car this much!! :p

I captured some pics on the invisable, and uncrashable Oliver Peugeot :becky:

Also the last pic is our avg speed around the track. :pound:

Attachments

• doubled-1.jpg
    doubled-1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 189
  • doubled-2.jpg
    doubled-2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 201
  • doubled-3.jpg
    doubled-3.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 182
  • avgspeed.jpg
    avgspeed.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 208
flukey win. Since the top guys blew the start, I suppose I didn't really deserve it.

Simply put. We messed up, you didn't, you deserved the win.

Qual - Managed to do a very quick lap when I was following Ben around the track and that was good enough for 2nd.

Race 1 - As everyone has already said, those bloody start lights!. I was, of course watching the track lights and when they went green I lifted the clutch. Then I realised the screen light was still red so it was like, go, stop, go, stop, oh dammit stop/go. Made the stop/go at the end of the first lap and came out in about 9th/10th. I made my way through the field until I overtook Sol for 5th place. That's where I stayed until the end of the race with Sol glued to my butt.

Race 2 - Changed the setup for race 2 and it made a big difference. Started 4th on the grid and got a good start. Managed to take 2 people off the start line and come up behind Takuya. Into turn 1 he braked fairly early and I was able to go around the outside and take the lead. From there it was just a matter of watching the gap back to Ben and trying the drive smoothly until the end of the race.

Highly enjoyable time i had with the 407's,they are made for single make fun i think,early pace at Magny Nat. gave me a nice gap back to Ben,but he stuck at it and pegged it right down again,i didnt take tyre wear into account enough and crunched my car badly at the last chicane exit,usually a fireball death instantly hitting that wall,but i lived with a puncture and huge suspension damage,i did get my first try of the new pit stops though,so not a total loss,gave Bram a shove over the line to finish too.
Race2 from 2nd was another good start and fun being chased by David,again another driver who just will not give up,constantly keeping good pace chasing me right to the end,excellent stuff :thumb:.

More 407 nights can only be a good thing,usually the only way these poor things get a game,but depsite the power deficit,they sure drive lovely.

• Grant Daly

Oi People C'mon, Nations Cup Practice here!!!

:director:Oi :attention: Come on now folks? This will be awesome chance to run some practice laps in the FBMW's Maybe if we ask nicely we could use the Nations Cup skins too???

Can we Bram & Michael Can we HUH? Can we HUH? Can we Can we HUH? HUH? :laugh: Please use the Nations Cup Skin Pack and test them too???????
PLEASE ! ! ! !:Hamm3rHed:

Sorry Nigel, it was me who first raised the cutting in chat. There was lots of chat going on over extremely quick lap times so I watched a few laps on the monitor. I thought I should raise it then to minimise it during the race.

Hey mate yours was ok it was the chat prior it just kept filling the screen, that in combination with HoldenSS I think his handle was logging out and back in again, I constantly had the mess HIT ESC 1SEC NEW CAR LOADED or whatever it says, that dosnt usually bother me and I am used to it but when its every 20 seconds from the same person:rolleyes: its very hard to concentrate.

On another note I hope you all had a good race, I noticed us Aussies were lagging badly again yet the Euro's looked rock solid, you can sort of get used to it, but it makes it hard, just have to give that tiny bit of extra room, and sort of takes the realism out of WTCC racing slightly where you would normally be right up someone’s clacker, if I tried this last night I would have taken out half the field. It’s also the reason a colleague of mine pulled out of trying for the V-WTCC he qualified in 4th for the Valencia Brand Cup Race but when the race started he was hit front to back and shuffled down the order, he was giving room to allow for lag and the others were taking that as a green light to claim that available real-estate, trouble is they were trying to build a 2 story house on a block that could only fit a single room self contained unit.:cool: , he said it was almost impossible to run with a field of 25 very quick guys all aggressive and in the same car and have to deal with Lag.

In saying all this I love the opportunity to race this brilliant sim and on a Sunday night and thanks to Warren and other Admin for putting this on, I feel that with HD more and more common a few guys in Aus would have opted to watch the GP as it was on at 9:45PM catch for the next one and I hope I last the distance this time.

P.S: Also quick bug report possibly with the new patch and it may be an added realism, I drifted wide fairly wide into the gravel trap and made no contact or airborne into gravel, when I was powering out I got the suspension damage message. didn’t appear to affect the car too much but it may have unsettled the handling slightly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%