1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU WTCC 2017 @ Zandvoort - Thur 09Nov17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Oct 23, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 09-11-17
  1. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +915
    finally my vr is fixed, rly simple solution
    short story how new wolfenstein game made me skip two rd events :cry:
    new wolfy came out, everythings fine, then suddenly devs released updated that literally forced you to update drivers- they break your vr but theres a catch, only steamVR games are fu**** so it also makes u think its something with steamVR. Clever girl :coffee: (not to mention that my driver rollback option wasnt available :D)
    I rly like those wtcc cars, snap! theres always next week, thank god i wont miss this saturday's oval and then group5 :inlove:

• Like Like x 3
  2. John Greene

John Greene

Ratings:
    +33
    am i late?

3. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +915
    unfortunately yes

make sure to join us this sunday :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Piotrek Blaszczak

Piotrek Blaszczak
    Premium

Ratings:
    +703
    THX for race and your great defense @Quentis Gillispie in race two.Till next time.Good night

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mike Bishop

Mike Bishop
    mutley082 Premium

Ratings:
    +257
    Thanks guys another great evening. Sorry I got in the way of a few people, but believe me that was not the plan, I gust kept on losing my way.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,420
    Well, the first race was excellent, had a lot of fun, great battles from start to finish while struggling with the car. Sorry if I perhaps came off as a bit too aggressive at times, as always, it was completely unintentional, just me struggling.

Second race...not a great start, my car bogged down, and it seemed people were a bit more careless the second time around, but on the upside, that got me climbing up the positions...right until when all of the cars disappeared from my game and a few moments later I was back at the server selection screen, which is the same thing that happened to me in Karlskoga with the GT3's... :cry: I certainly hope this won't happen on Sunday...

It's apparently some kind of momentary connection drop - really short, this time I didn't even notice it on TS, unlike the last time, but apparently the game still didn't like it :( Weird thing is that it either happens only while playing Raceroom, or Raceroom seems to be the only game affected by it :(

Anyway, thanks for the race everyone! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Kuba Oczos

Kuba Oczos
    Snoopy Premium

Ratings:
    +90
    Disaster for me, changed setup before 2nd race, resulting in completely lost control moments... Just watched a replay who I hit in the race and this was you, Calvyn White. I am sorry. I failed to give you back a place, was so confused I didn't know even who was the one I have contact with. Sorry and if you think I should be punished I admit is my faut :redface:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Jopamir

Jopamir
    " Just keep on going " Premium

Ratings:
    +802
    Put your suspitions on TS Notifier...
    I don't use it now because of crashes in R3E, a reported Dx9 issue.
    Maybe when R3E changes to 64bits (more accesslble memory) I'll risk it again.
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  9. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +935
    What do you mean, a disaster for me, what the hell do you think you did my race? You don't have to look at any replay to no you just ploughed into somebody as if you still had the throttle on. You made contact with me 5 times in the second race alone, hitting me in the back end in some parts of the circuit is just ridiculous.
    Here's an idea for you, don't change your setup in between two races without having ample opportunity to test it, thoroughly. And use that as an excuse to drive like a lunatic to the cost to others.
    This club is about fun not so much about the win. Plenty of practice, good qualifying, and patience during the race, wait for opportunities will get you the results that anybody would be happy with because they've had a clean race, good fun and enjoy the company. I won't be reporting anything this time so just chill out and while you're doing so read the rules again if necessary. I will accept your apology.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    • Beer Beer x 1
  10. Luan Garcia

Luan Garcia
    Premium

Ratings:
    +113
    Nice race. First time running WTCC and second time playing R3E. Sorry If I troubled some1, wasn`t my intention.

Looking forward for the next race.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Lukas Popelka

Lukas Popelka
    Ambitious but rubbish Premium

Ratings:
    +69
    Wow, I didn't expect so much action from this race :D The first race was packed with action literally from start to finish. The battle with @budlix and @Jopamir got me sweating properly. Race two was awesome too. Great racing with Bedřich again - sorry for the big and small tap at the hairpin - not intentional, just my lack of skill :)

The broadcast was not up for this one? I would love to watch this again :D
    Anyway, great race, thanks!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Jopamir

Jopamir

Ratings:
    +802
    yeah, one of my best and enjoyable races of all time. Thank you Lukas for this one:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Thanks everyone and RD for giving us this moments to share and enjoy :)
    Cheers

• Like Like x 4
  13. Jopamir

Jopamir

Ratings:
    +802
    ..and what happened to you @budlix ? Ran wide in that corner or ot of fuel..??:O_o:

14. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,420
    Can't really see how the Notifier would be causing connection drops, it shouldn't have anything to do with connection at all... :unsure: Crashes I can understand, though personally I never had any issues with it except in AMS... And I'm not even sure if I was using it on Sunday when I got the first connection drop.

But thanks for the suggestion, I guess I can try, I'm not really looking at the names anyway most of the time, and I really don't know what else to try here...:poop:

15. Jopamir

Jopamir

Ratings:
    +802
    I only say because of the two times R3E crashed, (not the connection/internet), TS+TSnotifier also crashed. Also they had a new version correcting a DX9 issue(?) that I already installed but didnt have the nerve try it "live" fearing it could crash the game(again) in the middle of a MP race...
    Someone also mentioned that dont use it anymore because of previous crashes in R3E.
    But, as your issue is a connection's loss it might be not related after all.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier
    Death by snoo-snoo Premium

Ratings:
    +540
    Thanks for a great race guys, I never would have dreamed to fight at the front like that, let alone in WTCC cars :laugh:
    This time I tried the Volvo for the first time and was pleasantly surprised by its nimbleness despite being quite tail happy - but aren't all these cars?
    That was pretty intense racing all around. My tire degradation was just aweful and I lost so much pace at the end of the two races that I couldn't hold off the faster guys... And in race 1, running out of fuel took care of that lol. I knew I was in trouble after the hairpin when the car started to choke, then I exited the last curve and accelerated while the engine choked more and more, and then stopped altogether at which point I just downshifted like mad to put it in neutral so the transmission wouldn't stop me right before the finish line... success, it worked!
    Then race two was trying to keep pace with the faster guys and try to find an opening to pass, which probably overcooked my tires and I had to face tire degradation again...
    Anyway, I'm quite happy with myself! I've always hated the FWD cars but I guess I'm getting better at them! Cheers to the two podiums, it felt good to be able to keep up and fight at the front :)

• Like Like x 7
  17. Lukas Popelka

Lukas Popelka
    Ambitious but rubbish Premium

Ratings:
    +69
    Yeah, really memorable race. Thanks to this “fully intentional” scandinavian flick I got betweem you and Bedřich, so it seems everything bad is god for something :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  18. apex11

apex11
    Premium

Ratings:
    +351
    I was running 15th in race one and got took out, race 2 got 16th place as mainly due to others crashing.... i never, ever want to see that circuit ever again..ever...

• Beer Beer x 1
  19. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +365
    I was extremely tired last night, even had some thoughts about skipping out on this one. But in the end my thoughts were... I... shall... race! :p

Practice was a disaster, qualifying was almost a disaster and eventually I came in to a nice flow in race 1 which continued in race 2. Overall I made only one mistake in the hairpin in race 2, so that went surprisingly well.

I must say I found really some confidence and ease with the Drivers Academy. I push hard, but not over the top anymore. Same with positions, I fight for my position but on a more clever way. When I know a guy behind me is faster than me I will not heavily defend my position, and with someone in front I wait for opportunities. And with that strategy I don’t put myself in an overdriving mode and thus a safer driver for myself and others. Doesn’t mean that I don’t misjudge situations and don’t make mistakes. But it helps very much. I Now steadily try improving myself and become faster. :thumbsup:

Though that may become somewhat challenging in the upcoming weeks as I get new mood stabilizer medication for my bipolar disorder which have a negative effect on concentration and does has an effect on driving in real life as I may not drive as long as the dose isn’t fully set. For those who ar familiar with medication used with bipolar disorder, I used to use lithium which worked pretty well. But it gave me severe psoriasis all over my body. Since then I started to use Depakine and now Lamotrigine is added because I’m going through very severe depressions which were not as severe with lithium. So hopefully the Lamotrigine will prevent me going through the shadow of the valley of death over and over and over again. And make me being able to keep me more racing. Because how hard life sometimes lashes out on me (well, technically speaking my own mind lashes out on me ;)), and how I definitely ain’t a natural talent... I love and enjoy sim racing very much! :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Menos

Menos
    MA Racing #48 Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    I enjoyed this very much. I was very surprised by my own pace. Being comfortably in the top 10 during both races. I had an excellent view of the battles @Lukas Popelka and @Jopamir had. I just wasn't quite close enough to do anything.

Though I don't really like FWD cars as I prefer oversteer over understeer. They fit me well and in combination with this track I managed to find my way rather quick. It was very clean as far as I could see near the front. A few little mistakes here and there, but nothing major or race ruining. Just some good old Touring Car love taps :p

Hopefully we can race these cars more!

• Like Like x 4