WTCC 2015 Release Date

Has anyone heard any news / updates regarding the WTCC 2015 release? S3 mentioned it was in development and "nearing release" back in June; however, I haven't heard anything since.

Any news is appreciated.

You know more than most of us Dave, but I feel a little disappointed that it's looking like a 2016 release for WTCC 2015. I was hoping for an end-of-season release sometime around the Losail race or at the very least the same calendar year. If the 2015 pack hits a few weeks before the 2016 championship kicks off then it's already out-of-date as such.

Also it sounds like many of these upcoming packs are seriously delayed right now for various reasons.

I wonder, most cars are old, the Lada is modeled, what could be missing?
Not sure what's happening with this to be honest. As you said, the new Lada Vesta is modelled and images of it have been out there for some time. The rest of the field is largely unchanged with the exception of some aerodynamic modifications to the Honda Civic.

Perhaps Sector3 is waiting on permission from the WTCC to release or they are still testing the new physics?

I did notice the 2015 cars are pictured on the splash screen advertising the newly released Chang International Circuit. This is generally a good indicator that the 2015 pack is not too far from being released.

I thought I remembered them saying it was going to be delayed a bit because they were waiting on some drivers to be able to come test it before releasing it. Might have been in the RD interview? Or I could be imagining it.....

I thought I remembered them saying it was going to be delayed a bit because they were waiting on some drivers to be able to come test it before releasing it. Might have been in the RD interview? Or I could be imagining it.....
You're probably right. It seems Sector3 want to get their flagship content tested and approved by real drivers wherever possible and that can only be a good thing. The input of real drivers so far has been very beneficial in taking the physics to a more believable level.

I'm very impatient for WTCC 2015 but I'd rather they get it right. If that takes another month or two then so be it.

Sometimes I think Sector3 staggers the release of their new content to keep us satisfied even when it's ready to be released. If they released a bunch of content one week then it was three months or more before the next new content came out the whiners would be blowing up the message boards.

To be honest, I'm not too bothered about having a constant stream of content. I'd rather have a more regular stream of updates to the core game so that after over three years I can have some basic yellow/green/blue flags or working wipers or headlights I can switch off or the ability to drive the formation lap or.....you know where I'm going. But regular, well-spaced content releases feed the business model so I think that is the strategy whether Raceroom would admit it or not.

To be honest, I'm not too bothered about having a constant stream of content. I'd rather have a more regular stream of updates to the core game so that after over three years I can have some basic yellow/green/blue flags or working wipers or headlights I can switch off or the ability to drive the formation lap or.....you know where I'm going. But regular, well-spaced content releases feed the business model so I think that is the strategy whether Raceroom would admit it or not.
Although I leans towards your side of the argument especially where flags are concerned, it is nice to get new toys to play with. I'm really looking forward to the FR release even more than the WTCC 2015. (there now I've said it in public and it feels good:whistling:)

Some of us. ;)

I went back and played Race 07 the other day for the first time in what must be a year or so. While it's dated in every way now, it was a stark reminder of how much R3E is missing in terms of features, big and small.

I didn't mean that in a positive way, I meant it more like S3S are magicians saying "look at my right hand" to distract you from what their left hand is (or isn't) doing. ;)

Yeah, I recently had a go with the GTR2 PnG mod and it's shocking how much more complete that game is than any of the modern sims.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back