1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU WTCC 2015 @ Hockenheim National - Thur 12Oct17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Kenny Paton, Oct 3, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 12-10-17
  1. Jopamir

Jopamir
    " Just keep on going " Premium

Ratings:
    +806
    ...indeed Stephen, great racing. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,423
    Yeah, that was fun. I was watching your little train of cars, creeping ever so closer ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Frans van der Linden

Frans van der Linden
    White Knockels Simracing Premium

Ratings:
    +143
    Your welcome, subscribe to my YT channel and you wont miss any action :ninja:

I use a LG 43 inch tv :cool:
    hope to get a K4 49 inch or so in near future :inlove:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +940
    Just like to say personally it's good to see you back on the grid. It is good to see you back, say so us all. I was getting a little concerned of your whereabouts not that it's any of my business. But probably work-related or the other thing, "a woman".:whistling::roflmao:
    I myself have not been able to race match due to carpal tunnel syndrome. I have just recently had surgery on my left hand and awaiting further surgery on the right. And believe me when I tell you it is like having a knife stuck into the palm of your hand and twisted. The left wasn't so bad but I've had it in the right for at least nine years and it's only been getting worse in recent months. And I figured it was time to have something done about it. Not quite healed up on the left hand but already feels better going to have to wait a probably a month before I can get the right-hand done. 56 years old and my body is falling apart. If I was a dog I'd be put down. Give it another year and I'll be playing tic tac toe. With a nurse wiping dribble off my chin.:roflmao: So I'm looking forward to get this fixed as I don't want the Mrs to have to me put down as I do enjoy my racing when I'm fit enough to do so, which isn't very often this year. Which has been a pain in the posterior. Or should I say hands, shoulder, knee.
    Tonight's race was probably my first in three weeks.
    Did a little practice on another game a couple of days ago and thought about joining the club event but too much pain and decided against it, bummer.:(
    Anyway enough of this waffling on, good to see you back mate.:thumbsup:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  5. Vangelis Parginos

Vangelis Parginos
    Greek SimRacing Community Premium

Ratings:
    +2,003
    Thanks buddy,
    i wish you to be well soon and with not much pain, so you can enjoy our hobby again. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,195
    What good racing, with some intense battles throughout the grid and continuing for many laps. A pleasure to watch.
    Also nice to see returning members, good to have them back on track, as well as some fresh faces.
    The usual congratulations to the podium and commiserations to those who suffered connection problems.
    Looking forward to Sunday's race.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,195
    Know that feeling well mate, hopefully the surgery will give you some relief.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,195
    Don't forget to send the crash dump file to S3, it helps them and you sort out connection issues.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Harry Davidson

Harry Davidson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +34
    Very clean racing witg you guys. Didn't make it to the 2nd race though just like last tuesday. Computer crashed right after race 1. And with the same error surge protection. It seems something seriously is wrong with my pc. Hope I get it fixed before sunday. Gonna roll back my bios and check my psu.

• Like Like x 1
  10. budlix

budlix
    Wheel Rotator Premium

Ratings:
    +453
    great racing as usual.
    Mandatory teamspeak so I could enjoy all the rumble... :p:cool:
    Wasn't able to hold the tempo with @Vangelis Parginos, but who cares :rolleyes:
    I think it was @patrick fournier who was pushing me so hard, mate, you made me wet... :laugh:
    Unfortunately you started slowing down, what happened, tyres tired?
    Finished twice 4th with lot of fun.
    See you next week, somewhere between walls of Macau.

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  11. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,195
    Maybe stress test your pc or check the settings in R3E. If you have a crash dump file maybe send it to S3 Devs.
    Fingers crossed for you for Sunday.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +940

:roflmao::cry::roflmao::cry::roflmao::cry::roflmao::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Haha Haha x 2
  13. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,047
    Whoa... now that's far too much information!! :confused::sick:

• Haha Haha x 6
  14. Buster

Buster
    Premium

Ratings:
    +467
    @Georg Ortner ...hoping you can shed some light on this issue ... I noticed in your setup you are using a negative toe setting of -50 ...My front toe settings will max out @ -45, ..any ideas ? ...using same car and year

• Wow Wow x 2
  15. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +233
    Well usual catastrophe for meeeeeeee!
    First race was going swimmingly, holding 7th, then at 7 mins in, my front tyres started flashing orange, so with the usual Martin logic I thought I'd ease off the brakes a bit, straight into the gravel :rolleyes: not sure where I ended up, fun as always though!
    As for race 2, decent start, bit of side by side action going into the hairpin, all very exciting, then darkness prevailed, PC had turned itself off. :confused: Investigations this morning have revealed, as anticipated, I'm a total numpty, turns out I'd worked the power plug out of it's socket with my over excited knee :rolleyes: Jeez, if all this wasn't hard enough on its own! :redface:
    Oh well, onward and upward, see you at the next event! :thumbsup:

• Haha Haha x 4
  16. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,195
    I'd be happy if any part of my body became over excited:rolleyes:

• Haha Haha x 4
  17. Vangelis Parginos

Vangelis Parginos
    Greek SimRacing Community Premium

Ratings:
    +2,003
    My front toe at the Chevy goes to -0.50 too, only the rear goes up to 0.45.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier
    Death by snoo-snoo Premium

Ratings:
    +540
    That was some great, intense racing. This combo in particular is brutal, I don't think I've been this focused in any other race so far.
    Indeed, my tires were starting to melt and in the last two laps maybe I was really struggling for grip. I think once or twice I almost lost the car and came close to taking you out, so I eased off a bit, waiting for you to make a mistake that didn't come. Masterful drive mate! I'm going to look back at the replay, that was so much fun (hell, I might even post a video of it)

Say, about that, @Martin Fiala, how do you just cut out TS without killing all the other sounds in your videos?

You're just jealous I can still draw those kinds of emotions from people :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 2
  19. Buster

Buster
    Premium

Ratings:
    +467
    Oh dear ..seeing your post made me check again and your right, toe in does indeed go to 50 :redface::barefoot:..its toe out that will only travel to 45 ..thanks for your response all makes sense now :thumbsup:

@Georg Ortner ..sorry to have bothered you, all is well now :) PS that was a great drive, Mr C now has someone pushing him hard in these cars ....all you guys in the top half produce some stunning lap times :confused: I hope someday I can join you there :cool:

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  20. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,423
    For me, this is pretty easy - I have multiple soundcards in my PC (because I was unable to find a single one that would meet all my needs). So my game (and pretty much every other desktop app) is using one soundcard and TS is using another soundcard (which also gives me the option to tweak my game and TS volume independently on the fly). I have set OBS so it records three sound tracks - the first track is the first soundcard output, second track is (unsurprisingly) the second soundcard output (meaning TS in this case) and the third track is for my mic (so usually about 90 minutes of silence with some background noise). And then, when processing the recording, I either cut the other two audio tracks, leaving only the game audio, or, in case I want to include TS - which I haven't done for quite a while now, given it's near impossible to get permission from everyone - I just do a mixdown of the three tracks, tweak the audio levels and do stuff like that before uploading.

If I'm using Shadowplay (which I was often forced to do with AMS), then it only records the first soundcard output and the TS is not recorded at all, as Shadowplay only supports one audio device (though it has recently gained the option to record two audio tracks, but it seems the second track is limited to input devices only, like mics).

I believe you can do this even with just one soundcard, though, but you have to install some software, create virtual audio devices and such, and it can get a bit convoluted. But for me, the above is by far the easiest way.

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow Wow x 2