1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU WTCC 2015 @ Hockenheim National - Thur 12Oct17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Kenny Paton, Oct 3, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 12-10-17
  1. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon
    SimBin Studios

Ratings:
    +202
    Have you tried it again? We reduced the lift oversteer.

This is a funny one because we had updated the car at the request of the real drivers who are using RR to practice before their race. They were satisfied with the new behavior saying it felt just like the real car.

And then players stopped driving it.
    So we went back and made the car more forgiving.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier
    Death by snoo-snoo Premium

Ratings:
    +540
    Listening to people on the internet is a terrible idea...

Joking aside, people will always find something to complain about, present company included. I hated the TT Cup (and, while we're at it, I also hate the WTCC cars regardless of their generation). I've always struggled racing FWD cars in pretty much all the sims I've played. Still, if the TT Cup was on the calendar and I was free, I would probably race it (and complain about it).

To sum it up, I don't really have a point and I've wasted everyone's time for reading my post... I guess what I'm saying is the developer should make the car the way it's supposed to be. We're sim racers, it's up to us to adapt, even though we hate it.

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,422
    Well, it's a hard balancing act. I don't envy the devs having to deal with that. On one hand, I want the cars to be as realistic as possible, obviously, since we're talking about a sim. On the other hand, that might mean they become frustrating for me to drive and I'll start avoiding them if I have the choice, because I'm playing the game to have fun, not to be frustrated... :(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Sad Sad x 1
  4. Buster

Buster
    Premium

Ratings:
    +466
    Sorry chaps I am out ..Just been told its parents evening tonight ..she claims that I was told a week ago :confused::thumbsdown::(

• Haha Haha x 4
    • Sad Sad x 1
  5. balage06

balage06
    Premium

Ratings:
    +84
    Sign me up please!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner
    Sector3 Studios Premium

Ratings:
    +699
    +1

#giveitachance

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Lixma

Lixma
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5
    When I first started putting some serious time into the WTCC 2017 cars I also found it frustrating that the cars were so dangerous when pushed to their limit.

For example in the WTCC 2015 cars you can take some corners (e.g. Swedenkreuz) without blinking. Try that in the 2017 models and you will die.

At first this seemed a bit strange but then I started watching real life onboard videos of WTCC cars being driven at tracks I was familiar with in Raceroom. I was pleasantly surprised (and relieved) that the real life WTCC drivers were tackling those same corners in practically identical way as is required by the 2017 WTCC carset.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,046
    Despite some cars being a pain in the arse to drive, I definitely favour realistic handling rather than 'fudged' physics. I think it's great that S3 get feedback from real drivers and strive to make their cars handle just like the real thing. I also agree that as "racing drivers" it is up to us to adapt and work out how to best drive a car, even with it's flaws. It can actually be really satisfying when you work out how to deal with a problem a car has.

So the only reason some cars don't get used so much in the club is because people don't sign up if they don't like driving them. The TT definitely had this problem after the physics change, despite being a pretty popular car beforehand. The 16/17 WTCCs also suffer, though possibly to a lesser extent. I'm up for giving the TTs another chance though, if they've been tweaked again.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +917
    i wouldnt mind filling the gap in schedule with m1 procar races :whistling:

as for realism vs fun/balance- go full realism all the time, even if its so bad u wanna puke (my last tt experience :D:p)

• Haha Haha x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Stamatis Triantafillou

Stamatis Triantafillou
    Greek SimRacing Community Premium

Ratings:
    +29
    im in please!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  11. balage06

balage06
    Premium

Ratings:
    +84
    Dang it, I won't make it home in time, sorry!

• Sad Sad x 2
  12. Antonis Paparinopoulos

Antonis Paparinopoulos
    Greek Simracing Community Premium

Ratings:
    +20
    i m in please

• Like Like x 2
  13. Szymon Olizarowicz

Szymon Olizarowicz

Ratings:
    +241
    Do these cars require throttle blip on downshifts?

14. Lixma

Lixma
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5
    No.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner
    Sector3 Studios Premium

Ratings:
    +699
    Stream from my cockpit will be here:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 3
  16. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +940
    In please gentlemen.:)

• Like Like x 3
  17. Andy_J

Andy_J
    PC Veteran Gamer and Biker. Premium

Ratings:
    +3,372
    No way man. I have not even been close to dying in RRE with the WTCC 17 cars. I once had serious heartburn though. Thought I was having a heart attack:D. Other than that, not much chance of dying whilst playing this sim.

:whistling::whistling::laugh:ok, I'll get me coat.:sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  18. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports Premium

Ratings:
    +1,396
    Come on J-F, haven't you realized yet pretend racers are always right when it comes to physics and how a race car should handle ;)

• Haha Haha x 2
  19. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium

Ratings:
    +891
    so bloody annoyed....been looking forward to this race all week and i get a crash while changing my setup for race 2. this is my third crash in my last two races on raceroom. just verify files now. god damn it !! have fun race 2, i'm off to play nba2k18....that doesn't crash lol

• Sad Sad x 2
  20. Piotrek Blaszczak

Piotrek Blaszczak
    Premium

Ratings:
    +704
    What a stupid game ;).In practice session I set one of my best time but when game switch to quali session the game has become unplayable for me :(. Fraps show 80/90 FPS and the game jump like a frog. So i decidet to reset my PC but when I back i can't join the game because after the race 1 game swich to warm up session. After that I decide to join one of the open server on this same track but with DTM and there is no problem .Game run smooth with 80/90 FPS.

• Sad Sad x 2