WTCC 2013 Simulated Season?

Shovas

Premium
Correct me if I'm wrong but the WTCC 2013 isn't like DTM where you run through a championship, right? It's more like you have to set it all up yourself?

I know it's probably takes a lot more resources to do a whole DTM Experience-like thing but I think I'd really go for that.

The current strategy of giving a discount to every early adaptors works fine in my opinion.

I don't see why previous experience owners should get extra discount on top of that discount really. Early adaptors of DTM 2013 receive DTM 2014 for free, which Imo is a fair deal. But I don't expect things like that to happen always, especially to get discount on top of discount.

I wont get a discount on my iPhone 6 for owning all previous iPhones, or get a discount for owning all fifa games since 1998, or all previous GTA games.

I don't see why previous experience owners should get extra discount on top of that discount really. Early adaptors of DTM 2013 receive DTM 2014 for free, which Imo is a fair deal. But I don't expect things like that to happen always, especially to get discount on top of discount.

Thx to taking the time to answer my question jay...much appreciated :)

Anyway...maybe you've misurunderstood my question...I don't want to have discounts for everything just because I bought previous things or over existing discounts...F.E. If bought dtm 2013 I don't want to be entitled to have discount for wtcc 2014...but maybe with linked discounts we could have discounts for what we already have F.E. Dtm 2013>Dtm 2014 (that share same 3 cars with probably 70% of tracks) or Wtcc 2013>Wtcc 2014 and so on...
I perfectly get you point but we are not talking of a completely new game if I am right (2013>2014)...if you bought iPhone 5s you are not entitled to get a discount on iPhone 6 but you are entitled to have IOS 7 or 8...or for example if you bought windows 8 you get windows 8.1 free or discounted...
Obviously I don't want to have packs for free because your work deserve to be rewarded (I have every game from race 07 till today including race pro :) ) but linked discount for people buying other packs would be nice to kinda reward players that support sector 3 studio on this game :) but that's just my point :) and I love your work and your support the same :)

Oh and anyway the Dtm experience deal was surely a good deal but the price was almost doubled from now it only have the 2013 season... :)

The current discount strategy is fair and, I think, actually required for the way DLC works with R3E. I can not imagine paying full price for a new pack where only a fraction of the content is actually new to me.

To be honest, the idea of paying for a regular BMW Z4 and an ADAC BMW Z4 is very unsavoury to me, as well.

It would be a very bad idea to remove the current discount-based-on-percentage-owned strategy. That would just be gouging.

I am not saying saying you do not have a point, but lets not forget we work in an industry with partners that have certain expectation.

As an example, any series licensor like DTM, ADAC, WTCC have certain revenue and sold units expectations, while we might reach out sold units goal (by giving away or heavily discounting items) you would destroy your chances of reaching financial success.

So we (read our publisher, hopefully on our advice) have to carefully balance the pricing strategy to achieve their set goals.

I hope that made sense!

I am not saying saying you do not have a point, but lets not forget we work in an industry with partners that have certain expectation.

As an example, any series licensor like DTM, ADAC, WTCC have certain revenue and sold units expectations, while we might reach out sold units goal (by giving away or heavily discounting items) you would destroy your chances of reaching financial success.

So we (read our publisher, hopefully on our advice) have to carefully balance the pricing strategy to achieve their set goals.

I hope that made sense!

don't worry Jay...this perfectly made sense...this was a suggestion but i know you (Sector 3) have obviously to earn from your work to keep going... ;)

anyway let me ask you one question...how come simraceway from ignite is able to give us wtcc 2013 cars for free?where's the revenue for the wtcc if the pack is given away for free?(you can buy the pack earning money ingame so it's pratically free...)

don't worry Jay...this perfectly made sense...this was a suggestion but i know you (Sector 3) have obviously to earn from your work to keep going... ;)

anyway let me ask you one question...how come simraceway from ignite is able to give us wtcc 2013 cars for free?where's the revenue for the wtcc if the pack is given away for free?(you can buy the pack earning money ingame so it's pratically free...)

I am not that familiar with their business model, maybe because when people do buy their cars normally, its $32,50 for 4 car models from 2011 or when you buy it in a bundle its $25.

I know but you can buy all of their cars separately with in game value which is earned racing (it's a very very long way to have all the cars but at the end it's completely free...and they don't even charge you for tracks)unfortunately the game turned out from good to crap due to bugs they can't solve and very few people are playing it today...and mostly because it's completely free at the end...

Anyway was just a curiosity since i know that wtcc or others want their revenue :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 109 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 82 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 113 13.4%