WTCC 2013 online performance needs balancing

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
The Honda Civic is way too fast compared to for example the BMW 320 in online sessions. For an optimum online experience it'd be nice to have some balanced performance on all cars without loosing their characteristics.

This is the reason why when I race online, I try not to pick the fastest car. I go for the next step down or so, that way it makes it a challenge and entertaining for all. Any fast driver can get in the Honda and compete for the win, but to do it in the BMW or Seat makes it more worth it. At that point I dont even car if I win or not, its great when you have a good battle with someone regardless of cars. This goes for all the car classes, to those quick guys out there, challenge yourself.

This is the reason why when I race online, I try not to pick the fastest car. I go for the next step down or so, that way it makes it a challenge and entertaining for all. Any fast driver can get in the Honda and compete for the win, but to do it in the BMW or Seat makes it more worth it. At that point I dont even car if I win or not, its great when you have a good battle with someone regardless of cars. This goes for all the car classes, to those quick guys out there, challenge yourself.

Well by that token you should be driving a lawnmower...in reverse...and you would still win, lol :)

Even though the Honda is fast you can lose the back end pretty easily.

I never really thought the Honda was too unfair, although clearly it is the fastest car...and it is racing, so... :)
To be honest I felt the same. Perhaps I just didn't notice it. I don't often drive the Honda - not sure why - as I usually go for the Chevrolet or Lada.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%