WTCC 2010 Pack for SimBin's RACE Series

It's good enough to make me get car sick

I guess thats a good thing since were talking about Portimao :cool:

Hope the layout is correct since the other version had some mistakes - with all respect to the creator! I wouldnt do better :tongue:

EDIT: Great job by Simbin. The track is very good, quite accurate indeed. Maybe this pack is worth 5€ and not 10€ but ill complete the race series and for Portimao it was worth it.

and again I'll state that what you are paying here is nothing compared to iRacing. This add-on is equal to a single iR track.

I'm not sure I see what difference that makes. Just because iRacing also overcharge for minimal content, it doesn't justify SimBin doing it too.

Edit:

I would encourage people to visit the RaceRoom WTCC 2010 forum before buying this expansion. After reading through the posts I have decided that I will definitely not be buying it. It seems that both the quality and the accuracy is far below par this time around, making the cost even more unreasonable.

It's not just about money, but quality also. And don't forget that iRacing is under constant developing.

#1 That's what everyone is *****ing about, the cost vs content!!!!

#2 iR is not constantly developing, their game is still in development, i.e. almost like beta status, that don't have a complete damage model, they don't have a complete tyre model, and this is from themselves. You have to pay to host a game, you have to pay to keep playing every month/3 months/etc. I only use iR as an example. There is F1 2010 (unmoddable), Ferrari Academy (unmoddable and pay per track) the list goes on....

---

So, I'm not trying to be the flag waving SimBin fan here. What I see is a lot of complaining for a add-on that for me is only €5.50 here in New Zealand ... Sorry you have to pay €9.99

In the end it maybe looked at as €3 per track and forget the cars if you feel that you only get skins...

In the end, you should buy or not buy it and move on...

There are a few very small downloads already out to fix the super important rim colours on #5 SEAT, the Tail lights too. I made a patch to fix both STCC2 and WTCC10 bits but there is no point uploading it, because you aren't buying it... :parrot:

So, I have it and am having a great time driving my M3 GT2 around Zolder, Portimao and Marrakech...

:f1: :banana:

So, have fun :chat: & :poke:

Why are you getting so annoyed at people who's opinion is that the expansion isn't worth the cost, Günthar? If you think it is then that's great, buy it and enjoy it. It doesn't mean that our opinions are any less valid than yours, or that we shouldn't express them in this thread.

Also, just because other games apparently offer less for the same price, it doesn't mean that SimBin's expansions are suddenly good value for everyone. Give all the examples you want but I do not believe the content on offer, some of which isn't even accurate, to be worth the price.

Looking at it another way: A simple Dominos pizza costs €10. Is spending a few hours running laps around Portimao and Zolder (with decent Simbin prepared setups and AI performance around the tracks) worth the same to me as ordering a take away pizza?
The answer was yes, so I'm downloading it now and looking forward to lapping there.

(And the silly thing is that my DiRT 3 prepurchase is preloading today as well, so I am unlikely to spend more than a few hours on WTCC 2010 in the coming weeks anyway, yet it still really doesn't matter)

With the 2010 tracks - are they actually any different to the 2007 tracks? For instance, 2006/2007 versions of brands hatch are identical :(

I'd quite like to get the pack, but it does seem a little expensive considering you're only really getting 1 new track.

I want the retro pack!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years