RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well, it all started so well.

Quali'd 15th. Got a bad start (no cluth pedal, can't use a button for clutch atm), but managed to get back to my start position halfway through the first lap.

By the end of lap 2 I was up to 9th, thanks to people spinning off. This lasted until lap 3 when I hit the wall and lost splitter & 10 mph :(

Spent the rest of the race on my own except for people lapping me.

Was fun though :)

Quite pleased with a 5th place finish for my first race with RD.

Quali 11th (I think) and the car in front off the line just didn't move, but I just managed to squeeze past.

Not the quickest out there but managed to avoid most of the first lap problems. From then on had a fairly quiet race and bring it home to the end.

I have a suggestion for the second race for these cars.

http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=54

This track was used in a USA- WTCC race here and its very high speed and is about double the width of the the track we just raced on.

If anyone wants to shed some light on this, download it and give it a try. I think its perfectly matched for these beasts.

I've race on this track using WTCC cars and for them its almost too big and fast. I agree it would be great for the extremes though

Well... a full deception.
8th on the grid, quite good, with a 1.46.0.
At the hairpin 1 car goes backwards, i can could not evade him, hitting him with my front.
Coming out of this hairpin i see a car not even trying the hairpin but just going on the grass.
Heading straight up to me, 2nd evasive action withing 20 meters, luckely i just spin from the fast pull i do on the steeringwheel..
Finding out on the long straight that the crash cost me almost 25 kilometers in topspeed, also the car is not straight anymore and feels wobbly, i tried some more laps but it''s allready useless.
All cars i overtake in the corners, take me back on the straights.
Till i get sandwiched and did a full spin.
Taking out the last bit of spirit i had for this race.
Was better to park in the grass than to endanger others.
Hope the next race is on a modern GT/F1 track.

Here is a nice pic from the hairpin carnage.

bumpex.jpg

ps.
Judging by the laptimes, some people did not do any training on this track.
What are those people thinking? If you get lapped after lap 4 allready.
You are not racing, but only anoying to the people who did spend some time getting to know the track and want to have some serious fun.

• Matt Crouch

I don't think it's fair to say that people who are lapped shouldn't be racing. For example Tim was unlucky and found himself lapped after a a couple of laps, and was perfectly conscientious in moving out of the way. Everyone is in the race, not just the front-runners :)

Also not everyone has time to practice well in advance of each event and these are club races

Qualy: Did a 1:52.xyz, ok'isch, was 4 seconds faster in my private training session before. But thought not to be to much at the front might be an advantage.

Race: Unfortunately I was wrong, wanted an easy start, but for that I should have followed Bob's example and not qualify at all! The race was just 30 sec old and I already had bumps everywhere from people who thought to win the race in lap 1. Then in the hairpin just cars everywhere, Dolf sorry, but I even was pushed into your direction. Then my next highlight came in lap 3 (replay sec 416) and I think Jan saw it as well, the person in front of me, being slower but not letting me pass (waving might be the English word), which nearly finished my race (in case you did not know what to do, first thing is sticking to a race line)! Then I spun one time damaging my car even more. Then I was my worst enemy. Some more minor accident with myself, decided in lap 5 to repair to hope to have at least clean and easy laps from that on. Did only help little, was missing 20 km/h top speed
In my lap 10 i did actually the only passing manover with Christian, who maybe was same damaged as me. He also was missing the 20 hm/h to the 300 on the straight. But he was actually a lap ahead, so needed to wait for a good moment not to receive directly a blue flag. The moment came.
Dave Stephenson, sorry for the little tap in the hairpin, hope it did not any serious damage to you! In lap 15 I did a 'mid race' pit stop. Basically i f***ed up my pit stop strategy, was actually hoping to be able to repair things as the car was behaving like a truck. But a) did not get better b) got a stop and go though I was using the limiter. While executing got another one. I have no idea why. Happened recently before to me. In one of the case might actually not have seen the lights as there were car close by, the other dont know. Anyway finished the race, the only good thing tonight :).

I actully liked the combination track / car, although I did not have a good race!

• Matt Alpeter

Coming out of this hairpin i see a car not even trying the hairpin but just going on the grass.

After watching the replay again, it was Dave in the grass at the hairpin. He chose to take the grass instead of hitting Mike, a very admirable thing to do in my opinion. Then he waited for the entire field to pass before re-entering the track. He even waited in the grass on the other side for 2 people....fantastic sportsmanship.

Richard Hessels said:
You are not racing, but only anoying to the people who did spend some time getting to know the track and want to have some serious fun.

Yes we were lapping on lap 4, but every person I lapped was completely respectful and courteous and didn't annoy me or get in my way (except Christian that bugger lol). Just because some are slower doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to race

• Andrew Evans

sorry, what?

people can turn to club nights never having set foot on the track or inside the car, if that's what they want to do... there is absolutely no requirement to practice before the event - so i don't know where you're getting your ideas from, man, but it's not how the racing club works...

it's all about having some fun, with mates, so please - pull your head in... :rolleyes:

that was my 1st race and unfortunately only downloaded track just b4 race and 1st lap 4 me was superpole! still managed 14th or sumthin then up to 6th or so by end of 1st lap. then was running 4th or 5th wen pitstops started and thot i cud make half distance (15laps) on full fuel load but how wrong was i! stopped a couple of metres from pits actually leading the race as the top 3 had pitted. ah well all goes down 2 experience!

My debut race was a nice one!

Made several mistakes throughout the race which was dissaponting, but managed to finish 3rd which is very nice.

Had a great start from p2 and took p1. It only lasted untill the first hairpin where I outbraked myself and joined back on p4. Had some nice fights with Patrick and James untill I lost out to them because of a spin. I did see some nice fighting right in front ad that was fun.

Pitting went ok and re-joined in p2. I didn't change tyres and the car was a little slippery and made some mistakes again. When I was 3rd behind patrick I decied to bring it home safely. I wasnt able to match his pace at that stage anyway, it surprised me he didn't changed tyres as I was struggeling a lot and it didn't seem to bother him.

Great pace from James and Patrick, nice win James, grats.

It did surprise me that only 14 people finished? Better luck next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back