RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Track Change

PLEASE NOTE

Sorry guys. We will have to change the track for this event due to it being based on an original track from Codemasters. Our policy won't allow it.

I'll advise the new track very soon, but it will still have an Aussie flavour.

Is there a spot on the reserve left ;)? Put me on, though I am far away of the mentioned times... but just started with the car, the track and all the rest :D. Great track for the cars, great cars!

Chevy for me. Let me check whether I find a decent skin somewhere...

• Matt Alpeter

yeah it's just the STCC style of quali, there was no reason to include it in evo. nothing more than an out lap/hot lap/in lap and not being able to see anyone else.

qualy: messed up my hotlap, suspension damage and lost my splitter so no use to do a lap so started dead last.

race: had a good start and made 2 place before T1, after that at the first chicane Marcel spun so gain another place there and a few more spun giving me a few more place. after a few laps a was running third behind Péter and Morgan but couldn,t keep up with them since i was going for a none stopper strategy. they both did their stop at mid race ( approx ) and i grab the lead something like 17 sec infront of Péter, i was able to lost not too much time to Péter but with 15 minutes to go i heard the little man telling me my tires were gone, adding to that i made a few mistake so Péter caught me pretty fast and past me easely. finished second at something like 8 sec from Péter, wd Péter and Marcel who finished third.

overall: not a good racing day for me, hope things will be better next time.

Awesome race!:D

Quali: It seemed I didn't feel it today really, I ran 0,5 sec slower lap than my pb I ran yesterday, and got 4th. But the top 3 were very fast, so I would be still 4th with my pb, so no problem.
Race: I've chosen to take fuel at my pit stop, and started with fuel only enough for 21 laps (pits in lap 20). I really had a good start, turned second in first corner. Than Marcel made a mistake at the back chicane, and I passed him! Then I had Matt behind me for a few laps, then he made a mistake in the last chicane I think, and Morgan came behind me! I was pushing like crazy cause he started to close on me, and I knew that I have a tactic that needs more gap! Then came the surprise, he gone to pits in lap 10. After that Yves was behind me, about 6-7 seconds, then I think he made a mistake, as suddenly it became 20 seconds. I've gone to pits in lap 20, came out second, about 20 seconds behind Yves! Somehow I knew he won't come in pits! The gap started to decrease, but not fast enough so I pushed really on the edge! Then I started to close on him very fast, and I think it was lap 34/35 when I reached him, and passed him after the first corner in the straight! After that I was easy on the gas, didn't want to make a mistake in the last moment:)
Well, really it was an awesome and hard race! And I only made a few mistakes, touched the wall 2 times I think. My worst mistake I made was in the back chicane where I almost lost it!

Thank you all for this good race! I'm really waiting for the WTCC event the day after tomorrow:)

Definitely awesome race.

Qualy went extremely well, thnx to Chris and Gregory for posting their setup, it really helped a lot.
Took pole position with a 1:31:9xx which was a new PB.

Race, i had a good start managed to maintain the maintain the lead through t1 up until the back chicane where i forgot about the extra fuel weight and pushed the mini over the edge resulting in a spin.
Rather unnerving watching the whole field drive by in your rear view mirror.
I had some trouble getting out of that spot so when i got back on track i was 17 seconds behind the rest of you.
After that it was all out to try and catch up, which i managed and i eventually finished 3rd

Thanks guys for an awesome race, hope to see you next time.
Thanks to Yves and RD for setting it up.

• Matt Alpeter

kinda disappointing night for me

Qually: had a pretty good qually and ended up 3rd behind somebody lol (reply is a bit weird).

Race: started off very nicely and avoided an early spin by Marcel in the hard chicane part. Ran 4 or 5 laps behind Peter fending off Morgan then blew it going into the last big right hand turn and broke the suspension and punctured my left front tire. The dead tire caused me to plow into the last chicane wall and break that suspension too. I limped back to the pits, slammed into the pit wall, changed the dead tire, fixed the damage and was off in dead last way behind everyone. The second lap I was out, I missed the brake point for T1 and slammed into the wall, re-breaking the left front suspension. Spent a very long time all by myself with Peter closing in on me and suddenly found myself in 6th when to PAR boys pitted. About 5 laps later, Morgan caught up to me and I felt like I may have been holding him up a bit, so I let him pass. Passed a few guys pitting and wound up in 5th. Then on lap 24 I smacked into a wall, broke right front suspension, punctured the tire, and kissed the bonnet bye bye. Limped the entire way back to the pits..again..and came out 7th behind Eric. During the pitstop I changed all tires so I was able to catch up and pass Eric relatively easy. Passed someone in the pits and was in 5th, where I stayed alone til the end of the race.

Not bad I guess, but would have been a lot better without the many mistakes..oh well, that's racing :)

USA time zone event
796853USA_event.jpg

Servername: racedepartment USA
Password: click here

Class: WTCC 07
Track: Varano deMelegari click here
Weather: Dry

Practice: 9:30 pm EST, 30 mins (Wednesday 2:30 GMT)
Qualification: 10:00 pm EST, 30 mins (Wednesday 3:00 GMT)
Race: 10:30 pm EST (Wednesday 3:30 GMT)
Laps: 2 by 12 laps

Notes:

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Please use the following format for sign up:

Name on RD forum:
Name in game:
Your Country:
Car:
Special remarks:

Entrylist:
  1. Peter Bartfai - Chev Lacetti - skin*
  2. Matt Alpeter - SEAT Leon - skin*
  3. Timothy Miller - SEAT Leon - skin*
  4. Eric Kaczmarek - SEAT Leon - skin*
  5. Keith Barrick - Chev Lacetti - skin*