WTCC 2007 - Mid Ohio - Chicane version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love this track, floating, fast, technical, now i only have to put together a good setup for it since the current still sucks, gear ratios especially... lol

1:29.4 so far with the Chevy normal practise mode, fuel and tyre wear on.

This course is Awesome! took about 14 laps with a slight tweek of my Zandvoort setup - managed a 129.655.
This was in practice mode with no tire wear.

Attachments

• Ohio_chicane.jpg
    Ohio_chicane.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 288
Lots of fun this track and it's super quality as always from Virtua LM. I had a few laps like 20 or so and got a hard fought 1:29.311. The car is super slippery in the infield and it makes it hard to set up for the over the crest turns. This track would be tremendous fun for FD or RC.

• Grant Daly

I'm getting the hang of her slowly fun track too.
I'm getting the Toledo down to 1:31:6
I know what ya mean about Floaty Atti it's great feeling when ya snag that perfect lap hey? :Hamm3rHed:

1:29.5xx RD server just now in qual session with a pink 07Chevy,really getting to grips with the car and track,it has a lovely sensation of "pouring" the car around those crested humpback turns,the race should be action packed! :thumb: :D.

You guys are really fast!:hail: Gary was kind enough to provide his setup, and even with that, in TA mode, I could not get past 1:31.0XX. In regular practice online I am still around 1:32 (but I hope to improve that with some more practice). Breaking 1:30 seems totally out of reach for me. :(

I seem to be losing a lot of time in the "madness" area. Anyone got any thoughts?!

Chris

Guys, please don't get too serious or concerned about endless practicing for superb lap times. Remember the spirit of Friendly Development, it's to learn and have fun, it's not a League Event.
It's more about getting used to driving in big fields.

Warren,

I am just trying to learn the car and the track. In one of those great RD moments, I was practicing online, and ran into Deitmar and Michael. We ran some practice and qualifying, and Deitmar and I ran a 17 lap race. It was a big help for me! To be on topic, I got a PB 1:30.3xx in qualy!:thumb: I also got to work through my usual demons of making stupid mistakes. I got some overtaking practice in, and some general running with others work. I feel much more prepared for tomorrow now, and I had a really great time! Thanks Deitmar, and thanks RD!

Chris

Was a pleasure....but I have no idea where to get this extra 2 seconds from you were faster per round ... guess setup (i hope it is not ability :becky:)!
My fastes so far (offline time attach against myself was 1:32.065)

veeery funny Gary. :pound:

Since you are all so cheeky, I just threw my Alfa around the track in off-line practice mode and managed a 1.29.9, but I found it hard to put in consistent times. This is a wonderful track when you get in the rhytm, but I think that will be extremely difficult to do in a "big field". :p
I foresee lots of off's here for many people and it will get very busy, so I really hope everyone shows patience and friendliness.

The race will be heaps of fun if everyone keeps the right attitude, but if anyone gets too serious they could be in for a frustrating time. :amen:

Edit: I know I'm not the quickest but I have included my hotlap just in case someone is struggling and it helps them. Don't look at you Aliens, I'd be embarrassed.

Attachments

• Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course with Chicane by Virtua_LM_080705_2005_TestDay HOT LAP.Vcr
    21.7 KB · Views: 207
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 236 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 164 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years