RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

lost count of the times i lost it at eau rouge, the car just did not like it with the full tank of fuel and after i lost it once i kind of bottled it after that so was glad to drag it home in 11th.
Looks like i am still crap with the mini, but it was good fun :thumb:

as i sayed befor awsome race

in praccy i was 0.200 of my pb and on place 4 i did not find my speed at all so i had not much in mind for qually, maybe that did the trick :)

*qualy*
first out i had a mini right up my rear and i felt not that confortable still managed to get a new pb out of that lap lol
2nd out i was flying around the track it was atleast feeling like that and i broke the 2.50 with a 2.49.9 :) what gave me again place 4 again right behind David (F.E.A.R should consider to recruit you ;D )

*race*
i got a great start holding clutch and brake with the left and rev with right :) David got a great start too while truls got not that good of the line
i got the inside line behind david taking Truls on the outsideline of ou rouge :D now in 3rd i tryed to stay in touch with David and Andreas,
what for my suprise worked pretty well. at the fast downhill left Andreas had a little problem and David tryed to set a overtake
but Andreas devended good and stayed in front. cuz they was fighting they lost a bit speed at the entrance to the long strait befor busstop
put me back in the draft of David, next lap Andreas had again a big moment at the Fast dubble left hander forced David to lift up a bit
i realized to late that Andreas wont catch it so i came past him peddle to the metal. that gave me as bonus a run on david so wohooo 1st ;D *do the ali shuffle*
managed to get a little gab on David but i was not realy fast enough but could keep the line so there was not realy a place for him at the parts he was faster
then the gab rised a bit and i saw in the mirror Truls and Andreas got past David, and coming fast up to me
Truls and i swapped some paint what slowed us a bit down and Andreas catched Truls, now Andreas in my neck i did some errors and missed some apexes
so he got me short after Truls started to put even more pressure on me and finaly got me after camel
as we started to overtake i was flashing head lights.. bad idear breaked my conzentraion and i missed the braking so david got past me
by the time my tyers started to overheat and i could not go that pace anymore did a few more mistakes and got a realy big moment at the fast downhill dubble left
what let Chris gain 4th place
i was thinking s*** you need to pit and ofc i missed the entry at the first atemp o.O one more round on shoted tyers ... oh well
finaly i got into pits right behind chris but his stop was for light years shorter as my, was sitting there for 30.5 sec like a hot horse in the startbox
so i came out in 6th starting to get anything out of the car what is possible to catch back 5th and 4th
then David crashed out so i was 5th closing up fast on Pierre on place 4 then he pitted and i was back in 4th
betwine 19 sec as lowest gab and 29 secs as biggest gab behind Chris trying all to get closer but no way for me
the rest of the race was verry uneventfull as i was lonley on the track.
finished 4th what a race realy

dont worry Gary nothink happend even if i was realy suprised that you swapped line there

thanks to all who raced and to RD for setting up the event
and Gratulations to the Podium verry well done

Gotta be my best performance in a (mini) race yet ...

Managed to grass track past the start line chaos involving Pierre, Marcel and co ...

Watched several people drift off line/track in front of me slow motion like during lap 1 ... so nicked a spot or two :becky:

Unfortunately made an error and tapped Grant at the top of the chicane on lap 1 (again?? :shocked: ... sorry mate).
I lost 8 or 9 places waiting for him but he had already got going again :doh:

Got from 16th up to 9th in just one lap I believe though :evil:

Karoly ... man, that was amazingly good fun dicing with you so close and for so many laps, and with just the one slight nudge (from you :p) - most impressed though - respect and big thanks :thumb:

Keith was just behind us looking for an opportunity and nibbling at our heels ... but we held him off and so he never quite made it ... must have pitted 'cos he disappeared after a while??

At 30-something minutes Karoly pitted ... smart move, as I completely misjudged Neil's speed as I went to lap him on the next lap - whacked him into a 360º spin at the top of Eau Rouge ... big sorry Neil, I was coming up on you seriously fast through there and thought I saw you drifting to the right ... obviously not :shocked:

That left me with suspension damage, so after a slow lap, I pitted next time round, then proceeded to put way too much fuel in, and my pit crew worked for what seemed like an hour repairing my busted shocks :doh:

Anyway, I finally came back out in 7th with Karoly at least 30 seconds in front of me, so no more of that battle :Cry: ... but Pierre had his stop and go chaos, so I chuckled to myself as I nicked his spot (been there in the past myself Pierre :wink:) and notched up what for me is a good finish of 6th.

Thanks Karol and RD ... that was some of the best online racing a man could ever wish for! :amen:

Man these minis are always fun

I was quite surprised in quali that after downloading Michael's setup i managed to improve by 6 seconds on what I had been getting all day :becky:

Race started on Q12 and poor Marcel got went up the rear of someone who was slow of the mark and then got banged from behind and was sideways on the track and i collected him there resulting in suspension damage but I still managed to get P9 by the first corner :)

The race was fun got up to P8 then Lee side swiped me LOL and down to P10 due to this, Keith then overtook me after i went sideways on one of the corners but shortly after he lost it and i found that trying to brake and steer a mini at 100+mph is not going to work so into the barrier i went losing the rear bumper and down to P14 but to my surprise the car did not die with that kind of impact but lost well over 30 secs so I just poodled around for ages.

I got backup up to 7th and saw that Pierre was closing me down very fast and knew it was only going to be a matter of time so did not put up to much of a resistance when he was close enough to pass no point in potentially making a mistake and taking us both off :)

So overall I was quite pleased with this result especially in the mini as im usually quite dreadful with these and look forward to the next event :)

• Steve Perryman

Name on RD forum: Steve Perryman
Name in game: Steve Perryman
Your Country: Australia
Control: G25
Car: Seat
Special Remarks: Hope I'm not too late to get in

Great race

quer.bmp

Runde 2 - Kurz vorm Abfliegen :-/

quer_2.bmp

puuh :) gerade so gerettet, aber 2 Positionen eingebüßt

Her you can see my big problem in the fast double left. Almost i crashed with Michael (red car). After this i lost P1 to P4 but this became the race more interesting :fencing: fights against Michael Truls and David :thumb:

Here our result after 1h fantastic racing. The big gap between me and Truls is the result of my perfect pitstrategy :rolleyes: , i was fill up at start and see how wide i come. 1h later 3,5 l was in the tank, no pit was requierd. :p Only my tyres were at his end in the last rounds :)
result.bmp

:first: and grats to all who finished.

• Edward Leake

Nightmare, I've had a hard disk die!

Just finally got built back up now, just windows so far, I logged on here last night and was browsing a few sites then blue screen, what the hell? Tried to restart and the system disk could not be found, took it out, it's tapping and not spinning up! :(

Thankfully I only run the OS off of it so I've not lost much in the way of files, but still completely gutted as I set up this event and sooooooooo wanted to race Mini's at Spa, I'm bloody quick around here! :(

Glad some of you guys had a great race though, just wish I could have joined in!

zvzig6.jpg

Yet another one of the famous RaceDepartment full field series this sunday. The 2007 WTCC cars will visit the legendary Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, Imola.

If you want to drive this event be absolutely 100% sure that you will be there for the full race event (practice, closed qualy, 2 races) because we will not tolerate late sign-outs or drop-outs during the event. Practice for this event is required.

Use the little sign-up box and copy/paste the content and select the car that is still free.

Server: RACEDEPARTMENT EURO
Track: Imola
Password: click here
Practice: 18:00 GMT
Qualification: 18:45 GMT (closed qualification! Superpole with 1 outlap, 1 hotlap, 1 outlap)
Race: 2 races of 11 laps with WTCC rules (rolling start, standing start)

Code:
WTCC 2007 Driver + Car:

1. Chris Noble - Andy Priaulx BMW
  2. Nico Major - Jorg Muller BMW
  3. Ramon van Rijn - Augusto Farfus Jr. BMW
  4. Jamie Wilson - Alex Zanardi BMW
  5. Patrick Duivelaar - Felix Porteiro BMW
  6. Bram Hengeveld - Stefano D'Aste BMW
  7. Andreas Löffler - Luca Rangoni BMW
  8. Simon Trendell - Sergio Hernandez BMW
  9. Henrik Horvath - Robert Huff Chevy
  10. Hansi Josefsson - Nicola Larini Chevy