WTCC 2006 - Monza 06

G

Set in a park, 10 miles north of the city of Milan, Monza is Europe's oldest permanent circuit still in use. It is 3.585 Miles / 5.793 km in length and even though chicanes now infiltrate on three fast sections, the sweeping corners and long straights make this the fastest circuit on the Formula 1 as well as the WTCC calendar.

It is one of the most historic motor racing circuits in the world.

trackmap_italy.jpg

The circuit is flat, with little variation in elevation, and regarded as a track which tests horsepower rather than driver skills. This is not the case when it comes to WTCC racing. Here the relatively equal cars put all focus on the drivers ability to get the most out of the available potential. A cool head and a talent for clean lines is a must here... as is the ability and the nerve to go extremely deep into the braking zones.

On slower and more narrow tracks drivers can make their cars wide and make overtaking virtually impossible for long stretches of the track, but at Monza there are no such breathing rooms. It's all nailbiting head to head action. This could be the track where you will feel the heat of the incredible AI drivers the most, they will do their best to rattle you from start to finish.

WTCC LAPRECORD: 02:00.254
WTCC GAME LAPRECORD: 1:57.650
1:57.650 Bram Hengeveld
1.57.653 Rickard[RC]
1:57.731 henY
1:57.819 Attila Domján
1:57.891 Sander Hogendoorn
1.57.930 Syltas Grabb

1:58.737 SAi
1:58.936 PureOwnage[RPM]

1:59.166 Maik Peters
1:59.184 Jacco Cornelissen
1.59.273 {StigS}GreasedL
1:59.427 James Johnson
1:59.493 {StigS}Memoo
1:59.6xx #46Vale
1:59.800 Suvv
1:59.944 Robert Wiesenmüller

2:00.455 Yoeri Gijsen
2:00.488 Ryan-H
2:00.750 Pedro van Baelen
2:00.8xx v.vukmirovich

2:01.175 Maurice Hurkmans

• Peter Meijer

Question: I've uploaded a video yesterday on YouTube but how long is it going to take before i can see it online?? I posted it here because it was an online race in Monza :)

My fastest time:

Alfa Romeo (prolevel): 1.59.800. Now i am finetuning the setup and i hope to manage a 1.58 before the tournament starts

Darn...still 1.6 sec of the pace then...

Best time Alfa 2.01.51
Best time with the Honda 2.01.8xx

edit: new pb in monza 2.00.841 alfa in pro online race 8 laps,
time was set in lap 4 so i guess i should be able to get it down just a little more :D

• Eagle1

I never posted down a hotlap sorry, but my car just bounces across half the track, you proberly know what im talking about im driving and the car just starts to bounce. Any help or ideas

• Suvv

My best is exactly ...

using unmodified SimBin setups I got from somewhere but can't remember where.

I also think that time is beatable, not all corners were perfect in that time !

Suvv.

Suvv said:
My best is exactly ...

Suvv.

yeah right :) unmodified in my vocab means a default car and no way you drive a 1.59 with a default car !!

• Suvv

TheStig[RPM said:
]
Suvv said:
My best is exactly ...

Suvv.

yeah right :) unmodified in my vocab means a default car and no way you drive a 1.59 with a default car !!

No you've got me wrong Stig. I did not use the default. I found dozens of setups made by SimBin ( 3 for each car - advanced, beginner and wet ). They were posted on a forum ( maybe rscnet but I can't remember ) and I have been using those.

• Ryan-H

2.00.488,pro no aids but i have made no adjustment to suspension or tyre pressure and the car is very bouncy-seat leon

• Ryan-H

2.00.488,pro no aids but i have made no adjustment to suspension or tyre pressure and the car is very bouncy-seat leon

Eagle1 said:
I never posted down a hotlap sorry, but my car just bounces across half the track, you proberly know what im talking about im driving and the car just starts to bounce. Any help or ideas

change the rebound and bumper settings of the car =;

2:00.165 with Honda, pro level no aids.

In the next lap i started with 0,5 sec faster after the first sector, then i focked it up..... :lol: Thats it so far, improvement will come! lol

I tried for couple of laps the cars and the Honda seems to be the most stable one, maybe other cars are faster, i do not have enough experience yet.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 388 39.9%