WTCC 1987

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
I am very curious about the fact that no one chooses for WTCC 1987. What is the reason that this class is so impopulair in RACE. Is it the physics? The huge amount of cars you can choose from :)))? Or.....

What should be changed to make these cars to a succes?

Hmm good question...

Acutually don't drive them because I don't find them attractive :) I've driven them once and it was kinda fun, but somehow I like the modern cars more...

And also some more variety in cars/colours would make this car class win more drivers. :)

• alexjdavies

It would be better if they had the real cars from the old WTCC, with different authentic colour schemes.
bmw_m3_alfa_romeo_75_turbo_1987_wtcc.jpg

Spa-1987-08-02-057.jpg

Donington-1987-04-05-031.jpg

Zolder-1986-09-28-008.jpg

Zolder-1986-09-28-010.jpg

Dijon-1988-05-29-023.jpg

Dijon-1988-05-29-130.jpg

Donington-1988-04-17-021.jpg

Having Cosworths especially would be awesome.

Smak DeWahl said:
I've been hoping the Race Club FD series will do a race in them. Would be nice if we had more than 2 cars though. I would really like a sierra cosworth too! :)

Yep Smak, we plan to include a 1987 event after we get the format settled, but it may be a month or two away. I'm actually interested to see what people would say after they try one of our races in them. I suspect that this class is just not looked at much (if at all) by most people, and as a result we don't appreciate how much fun they could be.
No doubt, the lack of variety of 1987 cars available in RACE is a major contributer as well. Personally, I would have preferred to see a bigger 1987 series included in RACE07 in place of one of the other new classes.

I've driven the 87's cars several times and I must say, I like them really much.
They have a lot of power, and are hard to control. Most of the people say that the Alfa is better, but I prefer the BMW.

Let's wait for RACE 07, and carskins. Then we can have maybe a small 87's cup with 3 or 4 races and custom skins, to get a bit more variety.

Smak DeWahl said:
I've been hoping the Race Club FD series will do a race in them. Would be nice if we had more than 2 cars though. I would really like a sierra cosworth too! :)

I feel you there Smak, would love to do some events in it as well. But for now the FD Series are settled but we have enough nights there to do some single night stuff with these cars. You can count me in :thumb:

Robert Wiesenmüller said:
I've driven the 87's cars several times and I must say, I like them really much.
They have a lot of power, and are hard to control. Most of the people say that the Alfa is better, but I prefer the BMW.

Let's wait for RACE 07, and carskins. Then we can have maybe a small 87's cup with 3 or 4 races and custom skins, to get a bit more variety.

If custom skinning means that we can paint them just like we want to that would be awesome indeed! :thumb:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 378 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%